Topic: Ideal label . . . hmmm . . .

basically there's a sh#tload more to Breaks than scaring kids off the dancefloor and a sh#tload more involved than drum patterns.

I love the idea of the Big Head stuff - 4/4 one side and a breaks mix on the flip. I love the Disuye stuff that has huge crossover potential for the prog market.

But ultimately a lot of people who listen to house and prog religiously will love huge amounts of breaks stuff but have either never been exposed to it or have just ignored it, assuming that they won't like it or it won;t fit into their sets because they struggle to mix with it or some such . . .

To that extent I assume that is what Bedrock Breaks are trying to do. Trying to bridge the (ever-narrowing) gap between breaks and prog. Not sure about the first release though . . . bit middle of the road.

For me a new kind of sound is developing that takes the best melodic elements of prog and the best driving broken beats - all held together with a smattering of darkness and programmed together in a way that makes sense to people. The only person I've heard who plays this kind of stuff is Jonathan Lisle and seeing his chart on the global underground board I note that most of the stuff he plays is unsigned.

So - yeah I love the stuff that continues to come out on Marine Parade and Fuel and Botchit etc. But in terms of trippier melodic breaks - I don't think there's a label out there that caters for that . . .
Or am I wrong ?! . . .

Re: Ideal label . . . hmmm . . .

Sorry - this was meant to be a reply to the post by Crevice . . .

was gonna 'crack' (sorry) a joke about the name there matey but best not. . . . .

Navigation records have done a good so far don't you think ?

its all down to a persons a particular taste...i love breaks.....like prog....but not feeling the two together

a l

jung