Topic: Tour De France 2012 thread

Getting excited, just over 2 weeks to go ... hoping Wiggins does well and gets a podium at the very least - he's current fav with the bookies.

SimonR

Re: Tour De France 2012 thread

Really looking forward to this. On paper its Bradley Wiggins vs Cadel Evans but I wouldn't rule out a few dark horses coming through in the mountains. Wiggins has the form and the best team, Evans the experience. I'm hoping that defending champion Evans is one year too old to win this year.

Would be great to see Wiggins get a podium but he may never get a better chance to win this year, so for me he has to take the opportunity to win it. The route suits him and Contador and Schleck are both out. I would favour Contador to win when he returns next year. He maybe a drug cheat but cheats have won before and got away with it.

So, I open the door to my enemies, and ask could we wipe the slate clean,
If they tell me to please go and fuck myself, you know you just can't win

mixes on sound cloud

Sky have dominated so many races this year, its their team strength thats the key. If they can control the race pace on the big mountain stages for Brad then he has a great shout as he can take time in the TT stages. Issue is that Cav might suffer & have to look after himself on the sprint stages, instead of having his usual lead out train to deliver him 250m from the finish. Chris Froome is another quality Brit we should look out for.

A nice bet on Brad for the TDF & Cav for the Olympic Road race!

Gutted for Schleck. Would have liked to have seen him win the tour taking all the glory, unlike by default in 2010.

Anyone who has an "ironic" haircut, or mustache, or whatever, is even more of a cunt.

The full charges against Lance Armstrong in a USADA letter leaked to the Wall St Journal -

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/ … ng0613.pdf

The USADA have charged 3 doctors this morning too, including the infamous Michele Ferrari, who used to be Armstrong's physician / advisor.

I must say, it doesn't look good for Armstrong. The amount of evidence against him is really starting to ramp up. The reason the FBI dropped their case is because most of the doping occured on European soil and they are only supposed to investigate crimes that take place within America. Its unlikely the CIA would pick up the baton to investigate Armstrong's European misdemeanours, so the USADA have instead.

Agree on Chris Froome. Came from nowhere to second overall in last years Vuelta. Also had a good ride in the Dauphine after injuries disrupted his early season preparation. He will be Wiggin's right hand man but could also ride himself into a top 5 or 10 position.

mixes on sound cloud

Tour De Farce

Grown men riding around in Lyrca, farkin gays

Get your selves a Vincent Black Shadow, tear up the streets, pollute the earth and chicks a plenty

Cyclists, i shit on em..........

5/4 to 7/4 2014, the weekend the bedrock music died

You're mental!!!!

At least he's not a racist.

Blood And Soil

I am not racist, i hate everyone equally

Big Fella wrote:

Tour De Farce

Ever insightful. Press on with your Paul Weller thread eh Biggs?

BedRob wrote:

Get your selves a Vincent Black Shadow, tear up the streets, pollute the earth and chicks a plenty

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vXpTVX99Vs4/SyOnQidohsI/AAAAAAAAABo/cgNdR6oIoqM/s400/Vincent+54+Color.jpg

Looks like you need to drop a few pounds BedRob

pube85 wrote:
BedRob wrote:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vXpTVX99Vs4/SyOnQidohsI/AAAAAAAAABo/cgNdR6oIoqM/s400/Vincent+54+Color.jpg

Looks like you need to drop a few pounds BedRob

lol. you wouldnt be able to find a picture of me sitting on a stationery bike. I am never doing less than 90mph

pube85 wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Tour De Farce

You wouldn't know about the riches of Weller as you only listen to progressive house. Lol

At this juncture, I'd like to suggest a Cid Inc remix of a classic Paul Weller track.

pube85 wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Tour De Farce

Fuck that. At least I know who Stephen Roche and majorly Sean Kelly is.

The trolls attempt to ruin another good thread. Just another day on the Bedrock board.

mixes on sound cloud

Al

Try here for in depth analysis and discussion re your lycra clad heros

http://www.cyclingforums.com/

Why not fuck off and start your own motorcycle thread?

mixes on sound cloud

Nobody is asking you to read these threads Alan, would appreciate if you take your vulgarity elsewhere please.

Last edited by Big Fella (Friday Jun 2012 05:22:19)

Al Williamz wrote:

Why not fuck off and start your own motorcycle thread?

Ha, ha Settle Petal, Settle!!

Reckon your cycling gear is maybe a little too tight, get your balls out and give them an airing, might make you feel better

Always happy to help

Leipheimer at 66-1 & Voeckler at 125-1 are good bets, especially Leipheimer who can time trial.

TDF is perfectly timed this year, after the euro's & before the Olympics.

Big Fella wrote:
pube85 wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Tour De Farce

You wouldn't know about the riches of Weller as you only listen to progressive house. Lol

You wouldn't know about the riches of cycling on account of you being proper lazy. lol

Are you still a member of the Sandbach Wheelers Pube?