Re: Tour De France 2012 thread

Nice to see Cav chalking up win #1

SimonR

simonr wrote:

Nice to see Cav chalking up win #1

All on his own as well. Easily the best at what he does.

Cav for the win today then but have a feeling he'll be flying solo again in the last few km's?? Or will Lotto and Green Edge get their shit together to deliver Greipel and Matty Goss to the line before him

Anyone been busted banging back narcs yet?

I would have to do loads of beak just to watch this shit.

Men in lycra, riding round the french countryside on bikes with silly helmets, I shit on em

5/4 to 7/4 2014, the weekend the bedrock music died

Get over it Rob.

Into the mountains at last. Lets hope things settle down & crashes disappear. Tough finish today

Aren't the crashes the best bit Pubic?

Not when they happen at innocuous points in the stage. Its a bit like when someone get sent off in the first half of a game. Ruins the specticle of a decent sprint finish.

Bit like Kevin Moran getting sent off in the 85 final, fair point.

How to Utd fans feel about Peter Reid?

pube85 wrote:

Into the mountains at last. Lets hope things settle down & crashes disappear. Tough finish today

Love a good mountain stage I do.

SimonR

one for Evans, Nibali, Sanchez or Gesink perhaps

Hope it was a sign of things to come yesterday. Sky clearly have the best team. Consolidate now until the 1st time trial where Wiggins should be able to put more time into the other contenders. Its up to others to attack now

BedRob wrote:

I would have to do loads of beak just to watch this shit.

Men in lycra, riding round the french countryside on bikes with silly helmets, I shit on em

Its of no surprise who is into this shite. Here's what attrscts them i imagine.

http://www.freethinker.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/cyclists.jpg

JFT 39

Giving us another of your special photos again Derms .. you seem the sort to have a large stash involving male lycra.

.... next you'll be posting pics of their helmets.

Back on point, fantastic stage yesterday and great to see the Brits dominate with a stage win & yellow. Even Roche jnr is up to #8

SimonR

yup 2 amazing stages over the weekend and great to see Sky controlling everything so well, Wiggo is in a great position today to see exactly what he needs to do and hopefully get some more time on Evans, who at the moment would appear to be his only major rival - let's just hope he has no mechanical problems with his chain dropping etc

sad to see Hesjedal and Sanchez out of the tour though and there seems to be an awful lot of riders struggling to keep with the pace in the climbs

love the bias shown from the Aussies after stage 7 http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tour- … 6419910179

I wouldn't rule out Nibali either. Already looks like a 3 man race with Chris Froome not too far off the pace either.

Hopefully Wiggins will extend his lead today.

So, I open the door to my enemies, and ask could we wipe the slate clean,
If they tell me to please go and fuck myself, you know you just can't win

mixes on sound cloud

yup but I'm thinking Nibali will at best end up third unless Evans or Wiggo have a huge problem but it seems to me to be between Wiggo and Evans all the way from now on but will be interesting to see if some of the top GC names can hold their places after the TT today but it might end up people putting minutes or more into their rivals as opposed to seconds

Nibali does have the team & they are experienced, with Basso, & especially Schmidt, who is capable of destroying people on the climbs. Be great to see them go head to head in the mountains.

Chris Froome has set a great time ... Wiggins on track too.

SimonR

BOOM.

Fucking immense.

Massive time gain by Wiggins on Evans ... although the remaining mountain top finishes could still have a say.

Pity Froome lost that minute + early on in the tour.

SimonR

smashdad wrote:

BOOM.

Fucking immense.

Decisive day today. Unless the others attack, they are riding for 3rd. Top class from Sky today.

yup amazing rides from Wiggo and Froome - stage 10 is going to be very interesting as it's now really up to the other teams to bring it to Sky and I think BMC and Liquigas are both going to have to up the ante if they want a rider on the podium - so glad that all of Sky's plans are coming to fruition