Re: The General Footy Thread

Big Fella wrote:

A true football supporter pays their council tax to the same council as his club. Trafford for me.

#justsaying

And for those that grew up near their ground but moved away?

Presto wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

A true football supporter pays their council tax to the same council as his club. Trafford for me.

#justsaying

Blatantly never paid council tax in your life.

Smallman would have to live in Hammersmith and Fulham according to BF's law. Harsh.

Presto wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

#justsaying

Life gains are more important than your club; ergo not a true supporter.

Newcastle fans are complete clowns to be fair.

Mr Boring wrote:
Presto wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

#justsaying

Smallman would have to live in Hammersmith and Fulham according to BF's law. Harsh.

Reside in Clapham North and Smallman Snr lives in Chiswick though he flew off to Chamonix earlier.

smallman1 wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:
Presto wrote:

Reside in Clapham North and Smallman Snr lives in Chiswick though he flew off to Chamonix earlier.

Lambeth and Hounslow are close but still fail BF's law - ironically your matchday travel distance is probably less than BF's.

7.68 miles, absolutely horrendous journey without Metrolink.

I lived in Bermondsey but there's no way in hell I would support Millwall

Nottingham Forest. The poor bastards.

http://i.imgur.com/LcOIT.gif

Presto wrote:

Nottingham Forest. The poor bastards.

I'm still incandescent with rage about McLeish's appointment.  I'll support him and give him a chance as I do anyone who is chosen to manage Forest but I still think it's a fucking shit decision and I just can't fathom why the Al Hasawi's have decided to replace Sean O'Driscoll with him.

It's the first fuck up they've made as owners and I hope that ultimately they're right and I'm wrong but I just can't see it.  I'm convinced that given time SOD could have had us playing fantastic football and got us promoted in style and its a disgrace he hasn't been given that opportunity.

The only positive I can take from this situation is that it shows our new owners really mean business and that his brief will be nothing less than promotion this season (I'm well aware the chance of this happening is remote though).

Dougie Jones wrote:

I'm still incandescent with rage about McLeish's appointment.  I'll support him and give him a chance as I do anyone who is chosen to manage Forest

I tried that approach. I think about this time last year I had had enough... and I was one of the more patient ones.
The games were just horrible to watch. As mad as it sounds, I've actually enjoyed some of our defeats this season more than I enjoyed wins under McLeish last season (bar the last 2 games; they were pretty bad). Mainly cos we at least gave it a go, tried to play football, and Lambert showed he is tactically astute enough to set a team up to actually win a game. McLeish wins were pretty much flukes. The 3-1 at Stamford Bridge about a year a go was surprising, but more due to Chelsea being absolutely shocking than us being good.

Every game was exactly the same with no real change in tactics, no progress and just no awareness to how bad a job he was doing.
I have always watched every game, when I can, and never left the stadium or tuned out early. But his brand of anti-football wanted me to do that many times. You can't enjoy any of it.

It's lose/lose for you. If you gain promotion you'll probably be stuck with him and have to deal with another season of dour football. If you don't, they'll keep him anyway.

Mark fucking Hughes looking fav to get the Blackburn job. There's no such thing as being an unemployed football manager.

Part of the problem

That bloke who works for Venkeys as an advisor earns 400K a year, what a fantastic job he's doing

Presto wrote:

The games were just horrible to watch. As mad as it sounds, I've actually enjoyed some of our defeats this season more than I enjoyed wins under McLeish last season (bar the last 2 games; they were pretty bad). Mainly cos we at least gave it a go, tried to play football, and Lambert showed he is tactically astute enough to set a team up to actually win a game. McLeish wins were pretty much flukes. The 3-1 at Stamford Bridge about a year a go was surprising, but more due to Chelsea being absolutely shocking than us being good.

Every game was exactly the same with no real change in tactics, no progress and just no awareness to how bad a job he was doing.
I have always watched every game, when I can, and never left the stadium or tuned out early. But his brand of anti-football wanted me to do that many times. You can't enjoy any of it.

That's the thing that's annoying me most as he's renowned for playing dogshit hoofball just like Steve Cotterill who we were unfortunate enough to have in charge last season.  Sean O'Driscoll on the other hand had us playing some great stuff at times… The second half against Leeds on Boxing Day being a prime example.

Presto wrote:

It's lose/lose for you. If you gain promotion you'll probably be stuck with him and have to deal with another season of dour football. If you don't, they'll keep him anyway.

If (and it's a big if) he gets us promoted I reckon I'll be able to cope with another season just for the sake of Forest being back in the top flight.  However if he doesn't get us up this season then I think he'll be ditched as this whole appointment has been made off the back of our new owners being ruthless.  To give some context SOD was appointed in the summer just after the Al Hasawi's bought us and we had a threadbare squad.  Since then we've signed fourteen players (including loans) and SOD managed to get them to gel relatively quickly so that we're in eighth place and only a point away from the playoffs… Quite an improvement considering we finished in 19th, 25 points away from the playoffs last season but not good enough for the new owners.

As such I think it's promotion or bust this season for McLeish… At least that's what I'm hoping.

Forest should have gone for Di Matteo.

He'd have probably said no though tbf.

Quite like Robbie, wouldn't be disgusted if he took over SAF's reigns, if I'm honest.

Big Fella wrote:

Quite like Robbie, wouldn't be disgusted if he took over SAF's reigns, if I'm honest.

Where's your money BF?

Mine's on Pep.

Probably with Jose back at the bridge

Looks like Fergies at it again

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/prem … 55710.html

I've got a lot of respect for Fergie, but he's losing it.

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it'
Dogmong 2017

We are talking about the same Alan Pardew aren't we?

You know, the one who shoved a ref back in August.

Glad Ferg has dealt with him.

And he's right about Newcastle being a small club.

What some of the less knowledgable contributors to this thread fail to see; is that there is always method behind the madness of SAFs rants.

Feruson is losing it? lol.... Not a chance.

Loved the "he forgets all the help I gave him" line as well. Back in your box Pardew.

Millsy, i think its time for your "You leave our Fergie alone." comment.

It appears to me that old Fergie can look after himself, Dutchy.

Tonight is all about the arrers anyway.