Topic: FAO The Bedrock Admins - the Promotional forum.

Right. Can we have this sorted out now, please? It doesn't take 5 minutes to go into the settings, create a new forum for mixes only and let the spam board live it's life of nobody looking at it.

The you can let Hannu loose and he can move all the mixes over to that. He loves the important jobs.

Re: FAO The Bedrock Admins - the Promotional forum.

I'm sick of seeing Hannu and Loopys mixes in here too Simon.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

...even gecko thought it was a good idea

Rrrrright up to the point he fucked off into oblivion again..

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Who's Gecko?

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it'
Dogmong 2017

furry wrote:

I'm sick of seeing Hannu and Loopys mixes in here too Simon.

Agreed.

reprehensible behaviour, especially for a mod.

Oh– and yes. Please, to a 'mixes only' forum.

With sugar on top.

yup, mixes only and leave Sleepy and Boo to rack up their post count by talking to themselves

yup, good idea!

Last edited by faible (Sunday Jan 2013 20:07:23)

Far too much shit in that thread that has little or no relevance to this forum, should have 3 promotional forums, one for mixes, one for releases and another one for nights, that way if you want to go through mixes you go through to the mix forum, or if you want to check out new releases then you can go to the new releases forum. that would be my suggestion anyway

The board needs to be reunited again, get rid of the promotions section & let everyone post here, they can fight it out with the stickies.

Last edited by Neko (Sunday Jan 2013 22:06:32)

tbh this whole board has the worst layout i've ever seen. i post on many forums but just started a few months ago here because i just can't stand the structure of this board. there is just ONE single section where you can usually post your stuff.

we need one section each for:

music in general
dj sets
dj nights
off topic (football etc)
forum stuff (rules, suggestions...)

furthermore there should be one thread for a label or producer where you post the new stuff in. for example one topic called 'Henry Saiz - Natura Sonoris'. in that one people could discuss new releases and sets by him.

i really like the community here but using this forum is often a pain in the a**. it could be so much better.
on other boards i have thousands of posts and have been admin, but this one def needs some work!

bedrock is by far my fav label and digweed my fav dj but the usability here is just bad.
if anyone cares - i'd love to do something about that, just gimme a msg smile

faible wrote:

on other boards i have thousands of posts and have been admin, but this one def needs some work!

That's some top message board credentials on display there, faible.

The people have spoken!

I agree, the promotional forum is a mess....if it wasn't for the sticky at the top of the page it would be pointless sharing mixes on here....I'm a posting noob on here so maybe my point doesn't matter but I'd like to see it changed smile

Presto wrote:
faible wrote:

That's some top message board credentials on display there, faible.

The people have spoken!

or maybe it just shows that i usually post a lot on forums and that i'd love to contribute more but that the usability is not perfect...

edit: i hope i got your message right? english is not my native language smile

Last edited by faible (Monday Jan 2013 00:35:23)

Agree. It needs sorting, but the General Bedrock Discussion forum is fine just how it is IMO.

If you start splitting things up too much then you'll lose the 'flow' (for want of a better word) of the board.

B4 all the GU cunts came over here, this board was very quiet - it's better that we keep everyone chatting in the one forum.

But i do agree that board member mixes etc should be split out from the other dross.

Last edited by Yant (Monday Jan 2013 10:10:54)

faible wrote:

tbh this whole board has the worst layout i've ever seen. i post on many forums but just started a few months ago here because i just can't stand the structure of this board. there is just ONE single section where you can usually post your stuff.

music in general
dj sets
dj nights
off topic (football etc)

furthermore there should be one thread for a label or producer where you post the new stuff in. for example one topic called 'Henry Saiz - Natura Sonoris'. in that one people could discuss new releases and sets by him.

i really like the community here but using this forum is often a pain in the a**. it could be so much better.

bedrock is by far my fav label and digweed my fav dj but the usability here is just bad.

I vote for this guy - he sounds like a do-er and definitely a winner.

sabotini wrote:
faible wrote:

music in general
dj sets
dj nights
off topic (football etc)

I vote for this guy - he sounds like a do-er and definitely a winner.

Agreed.

Its been painful for ages. Said it absolutely ages ago, out of all the boards im a member of this is by far the worst run and worst laid out. Takes some doing that does when you consider how many are out there and how much dirge is on them.

For some reason the owner see's over a 1/4 of a million hits on one thread as unimportant.
Add that to people who run it not giving a shit and hey presto you've got a shit board. If nothing else gecko should just throw his cards in and give it to someone more capable than himself. Wouldn't be hard would it? Ive got plates with more initiative.

Last edited by Dermo (Monday Jan 2013 01:17:49)

Part of the problem

see 4four or GU  for inspiration gecko

------------
From a sliding glass door, through white curtains fluttering in the breeze, comes Bruno, Guetta's elegant manservant. The two exchange a few words in French, and Bruno re-emerges a few minutes later with salads.

I like it how it is.

Hardly ever venture into the other sections of the board or loosers territory as I like to call it.

millsy23 wrote:

So much this.

is Gecko even associated with this board still?

surely lack of action is because there is no one in place who can carry out the forum design side of things?

He's busy doing his monumental 15 hour, twilo style, 80's sets, down at the Kings head.

Part of the problem

millsy23 wrote:

GU before they fucked it up of course

Taxi.

Part of the problem