Re: The good TV thread...

Big Fella wrote:

Saw the first few series of Californication which i enjoyed, then it went down the pan big time.

One can only have so much time for Duchovny putting his shades on and fucking hot 'chicks', oh and his baldy manager is a fucking rubbish character.

One of Strudders/Grant/Yantino Marvel films is more believable.

Yeh the plot hasn't changed much, but its just light hearted nonsense isnt it?

Dont think they set out to make any of it believable.

Part of the problem

Unbroken1 wrote:

...fucks sake, when it was all going so well, haha

Someone (Strudders) will be giving it the biggun' about Sons of Anarchy next wink

series 5 starts tonight on 5 USA

watched series 4 off of Netflix over a few days - it is good IMHO - that Jax guy is gonna be in Pacific Rim

Utopia and The Following are doing it for me at the minute - was waiting for them to come on last night and fuck me Tuesday is a shite night for telly between 8-10!

not a lot else on that i look forward to atm - need to get into Breaking Bad (Netflix)

Ripper Street is ok for Sunday night telly i suppose

Game Of Thrones back in April big_smile

The Walking Dead - there i've admitted it.

^ cracking series.  Can't wait for it to restart next week.

Big Fella wrote:

back next week i think - yeah had forgot about that smile

^^

Last edited by shaunstrudwick (Wednesday Feb 2013 07:03:42)

..watched the first series and a bit of SOA, couldn't manage any more, the biker characters were just so fucking OTT. Fascinating factoid: Jax/Charlie Hunnam played the gang-leader in Green Street, the one with one of the worst cock-er-nee accents ever committed to film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePdDZLSgoRA

..Game of Thrones is another one I just can't take seriously, although its a bit of a guilty pleasure

Walking Dead is decent IMO, and I normally hate stuff like that... not sure how long they can string it out for though. It's based on a graphic novel isn't it? Be good if it had a proper ending

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Both the following and Utopia are good, its a pity they killed off that mental hitman so early though Arby (Neil Maskill from Kill list) is pretty brutal as well.

I really enjoyed American Horror story (season 1) but season 2 which is based in one of those 1960's asylums is just a but too bonkers for me, although there is still plenty of sex and violence

Walking Dead isn't too bad...like Unbroken mentioned I don't how much longer they can strung it out for?

Borgen is good, but not one for after the pub.

My Guilty pleasure is the Hotel on Channel 4

Big Fella wrote:

The Wanking Dead more like.  I watched the first series and wanted everyone in it dead, it's shit beyond belief.

Grant wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

The Wanking Dead more like.  I watched the first series and wanted everyone in it dead, it's shit beyond belief.

Was that outburst based on my Marvel accusation, Grant?

I binged on the first season of The Newsroom over the weekend, it's absolutely brilliant. Aaron Sorkin is the master of dialogue and the actors' chemistry in it is amazing too, they play so well of each other.

It's politics are the normal Sorkin-stuff, and there's way more relationship stuff there to please most but I can't wait for season 2.

..yeah, liked that, the writing is fucking sharp

Particularly liked the Bin Laden one, where they are stuck on the plane and they confront the pilot... brilliantly done

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Olivia Munn in it certainly doesn't hurt either.

That old guy from Law & Order owns it too.

Big Fella wrote:
Grant wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Was that outburst based on my Marvel accusation, Grant?

As bad as that accusation is, I've managed to put it one side for now.

The first three  SERIES  of  Boardwalk Empire were fantastic tv.  Just running through Breaking Bad  which is great too.  Is Prison Break any cop?  Someone gave me the box set a while back. So many good US SERIES  being made at the moment.  Thanks HBO.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

You can't get much worse cliffhanger-wise then with Prison Break. Loved the first SEASON when it originally aired in the Finnish-telly, gave up halfway through SEASON two... Both of my most recent exes loved it, if that is any indication.

Big Fella wrote:

Just finished watching series 2 of this last night as Ive obtained Netflix US, its brilliant

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Speaking of Netflix, I've nothing planned next weekend and I'm broke until the next payday. House of Cards-marathon might be what the doctor ordered, it's gotten great reviews.

Prison Break what a load of auld shite that was, oh yeh he broke out of prison because of his tattoos.

Wasn't one series of Prison Break about a guy trying to break back into the prison he broke out from? Lol. A bit like Scholesey's return to United.

Homegrove wrote:

Both of my most recent exes loved it, if that is any indication.

You don't half go on about your exes HG, perhaps if you manned up you might be able to keep one more than five mins.

Last edited by Big Fella (Wednesday Feb 2013 11:58:13)

If Hannu gave up half the way through the second series of anything it must be absolutely awful.

Like, fucking serious tripe lol.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

dutchy101 wrote:

Wasn't one series of Prison Break about a guy trying to break back into the prison he broke out from? Lol. A bit like Scholesey's return to United.

I think season one he was trying to break out then season two he was out but got caught and then season 3 he was trying to break out again and i kind of lost interest after that

so prison break is well worth a watch then?  Thanks for the tip lads

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Homegrove wrote:

The Newsroom

yeah - i liked it as well