Re: The good TV thread...

Big Fella wrote:
Homegrove wrote:

Both of my most recent exes loved it, if that is any indication.

You don't half go on about your exes HG, perhaps if you manned up you might be able to keep one more than five mins.

I'm like Taylor Swift except I'm pretty.

Pilot of House of Cards was pretty fucking good, mind.

Homegrove wrote:

..this a remake/adaptation of the old British one?

Oh, and if I get pulled up on 'season', this has got to stop..

Homegrove wrote:

it's gotten great reviews.

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Unbroken1 wrote:
Yant wrote:

I've also just finished series 1 of Breaking Bad on box set.  Was good.  Will be watching series 2.

..another one I've never got into, keep hearing good things

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

Doing a Sopranos rerun marathon at the moment, flawless TV.

..hmm, fucking loved it but not flawless IMO, definitely meandered in parts. Suffered from not having a definitive story arc like The Wire I think. Despite all the artistic justifications I've read, there's no getting away from the fact that the ending was shite as well

Get into breaking bad, it's about to end and shit is going down. S1 will be a bit painful, but everything else will make it worth it.

I'd probably rate The Wire above, but still... the writing in the Sopranos is just something else. I thoroughly enjoyed Season 1, really looking forward to season 5 with buscemi.  I love that i keep discovering new shit in it, done this marathon at least three times in the last 5 years. I didn't really buy the ending either, up until I read that massive article about the last scene - after that I thought it was genius.

stylustrouble wrote:
Diminished Responsibility wrote:

I heard the latest season of "in the loop" is supposed to be epic? Some random article I read about how it's a take on the whole news of the world drama? Loved the movie, haven't seen any of the tv show yet though.

Wasn't In The Loop the film version of The Thick Of It series or are you talking about something else?

That's it. Is the TV show any good?

Homegrove wrote:

I binged on the first season of The Newsroom over the weekend, it's absolutely brilliant. Aaron Sorkin is the master of dialogue and the actors' chemistry in it is amazing too, they play so well of each other.

It's politics are the normal Sorkin-stuff, and there's way more relationship stuff there to please most but I can't wait for season 2.

Fucking hell hannu you're having a laugh. The Newsroom is like Grey Anatomy meets i don't know what.

So many people like the newsroom? It's absolute shite.

Throwing in two wild cards in here. I ploughed through Oz. It has it's moments, ahead of its time.

And Boss. Boss owns. Pity it got canceled.

I'd be too busy out clubbing & shit to be watching tv, yeah?

Just getting towards the end of Breaking Bad S2 ... some great characters like Tuco, Saul is hilarious.

SimonR

Those Blue crystals do look very moreish.

fadass wrote:

I'd be too busy out clubbing & shit to be watching tv, yeah?

I'm with you Fad.

While these loosers are watching box sets, I'm out ledging it listening to fist pumping prog.

Big Fella wrote:

Those Blue crystals do look very moreish.

a  sprinkling of biker meth  on your shreddies  would set you right up bf

smallman1 wrote:

While these loosers are watching box sets, I'm out ledging it listening to fist pumping prog.

Whats a looser, is it one of these

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1547662.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Loose+Women

Unbroken1 wrote:
Homegrove wrote:

..this a remake/adaptation of the old British one?

Yep. Starring Kevin Spacey, the pilot directed by David Fincher.

Utopia is great. It's beautifully shot.

The Following is awful. We're meant to believe a serial killer, and his band of callow followers,  is motivated by reading Edgar Allen Poe, I guess. It's corny and daft.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

I go in and out of liking Californication. A lot of times it feels like they are just going through the motions. It was awesome at first but I find myself falling behind and not having to watch it every week. Any of you guys watch Nurse Jackie? It's a nurse addicted to pain pills, and I like me a good pain pill. It's hit or miss, some good episodes and some throw aways.

The Americans looks great, gonna start that soon. Always up for Dexter as well. Scheduled to be back in July I think. Sounds like the last season

I've got to be honest, Nurse Jackie doesn't sound brilliant.

Can I just say quickly that Gypsy Blood a few weeks back was just fucking awesome and an absolute must-watch guide to parenting for any prospective new fathers in the room?

Also, this thing on Channel Four right now called Dreams of a Life about the lass that died in her house and lay undiscovered for years looks like quality television imo.

Cheers.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

Anyone watched, Derek? Found it watchable. Gervais doing the 'tistic role very nicely.

Just started watching 'Rome', I somehow missed this. Seems decent enough.

Another one I missed was Love/Hate. Hearing good things about that.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

Wait til Franno appears, Creeper.... absolute legend of a character.

He's in Love/Hate.... not Rome.

"Coola boola Caeser, ya mad bollix."

fadass wrote:

"Coola boola Caeser, ya mad bollix."

There was an explosion of "coola boola" carry on there a while back on Facebook. I was wondering. Fuckin cunts.

Watched the first episode. Brilliant stuff.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

Legit is really fucking good and funny. Up to it's 4th episode now.

Of course "some" of you might object to Jim Jefferies being an Australian.

Homegrove wrote:

Legit is really fucking good and funny

*ALARM BELLS*

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

The Following is very silly. Just silly all the time.

Buffy fans will love this.