Re: The good TV thread...

Homegrove wrote:

Of course "some" of you might object to Jim Jefferies being an Australian.

Jim Jeffries is that rarest of things - a funny Australian.  Probably why he fucked off to Los Angeles.

Re: The good TV thread...

wrongun wrote:

Into series 3 of Mad Men which is being re-run on Sky Atlantic. I can't put a finger on why its so addictive but it just is. Nothing 'cliffhangery' really ever happens but it just draws you in.

Definitely.  I struggled a bit with the first series but once you are into it, it's brilliant.  Two more series and that's it apparently.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 … son-6.html

Re: The good TV thread...

...couple of eps into Vegas, really disappointing. Dennis Quaid as craggy local sheriff reluctantly dragged out of retirement to solve mob murders... no gloss at all, feels like a conventional 80's-style cop show. Villain is like a Boardwalk Empire henchman that didn't make the final cut

Was hoping for something halfway between Magic City and The Sopranos, more like a cross between McCloud and TJ Hooker

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: The good TV thread...

Unbroken1 wrote:

...couple of eps into Vegas, really disappointing. Dennis Quaid as craggy local sheriff reluctantly dragged out of retirement to solve mob murders... no gloss at all, feels like a conventional 80's-style cop show. Villain is like a Boardwalk Empire henchman that didn't make the final cut

Was hoping for something halfway between Magic City and The Sopranos, more like a cross between McCloud and TJ Hooker

Got it set up on Sky+ but doesn't bode well from that review.

Based on comments about Utopia, cracked through the first 4 episodes on Friday night.  The fact I did 4 on the bounce must mean I enjoyed it!  Conspiracy theory programmes not really my thing but kept me hooked & the common theme of violence & darkness was there.

Really hope final 2 episodes don't let it down & bring it together nicely in terms of the conspiracy plots

Guess who's back .......... 'Odgy's back

Re: The good TV thread...

Unbroken1 wrote:

...couple of eps into Vegas, really disappointing. Dennis Quaid as craggy local sheriff reluctantly dragged out of retirement to solve mob murders... no gloss at all, feels like a conventional 80's-style cop show. Villain is like a Boardwalk Empire henchman that didn't make the final cut

Was hoping for something halfway between Magic City and The Sopranos, more like a cross between McCloud and TJ Hooker

Well, that is disappointing to hear.  Had high hopes for it but will still give it a try.

Walking Dead back on BTW.

Re: The good TV thread...

Damo only rates Boardwalk Empire and anything on Channel 4, funnily enough.

Re: The good TV thread...

You do like giving Damo lots of attention BF. Is there an axe needs grinding?

JFT 39

Re: The good TV thread...

Dermo wrote:

You do like giving Damo lots of attention BF. Is there an axe needs grinding?


He's the only one that indulges me to be honest, every other cunt ignores me.

Re: The good TV thread...

fair do's haha

JFT 39

Re: The good TV thread...

Big Fella wrote:
Dermo wrote:

You do like giving Damo lots of attention BF. Is there an axe needs grinding?


He's the only one that indulges me to be honest, every other cunt ignores me.

Blatant 'i want a hug' post.

Re: The good TV thread...

Big Fella wrote:
Dermo wrote:

You do like giving Damo lots of attention BF. Is there an axe needs grinding?


He's the only one that indulges me to be honest, every other cunt ignores me.

...aww, c'mere big guy

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: The good TV thread...

lol

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

Re: The good TV thread...

...ripped through the first 4 eps of House of Cards, fucking brilliant, Spacey is perfect, the little asides to the camera would normally bug the shit out of me, but he carries it off brilliantly. Script is super-sharp, Fincher's direction slick and dark... Robin Wright is still a fucking fox

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: The good TV thread...

Unbroken1 wrote:

...ripped through the first 4 eps of House of Cards, fucking brilliant, Spacey is perfect, the little asides to the camera would normally bug the shit out of me, but he carries it off brilliantly. Script is super-sharp, Fincher's direction slick and dark... Robin Wright is still a fucking fox

Sorry to say but its not fit to lick the mud of the shoes of the uk original. Was really disappointed as i love the uk one so was really lookibg forward to it. Am only 3 episodes in so hoping it gets better.

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

Re: The good TV thread...

The 4th series of Spiral is on at mom on the BBC....a rival to and maybe even better than the Killing/Wire ...seriously...and a very fit Ginger lawyer

Re: The good TV thread...

Waiting for Braquo to come back. Absolutely brilliant. Richie Hawtin as the nutter from HR is some craic.

Re: The good TV thread...

Currently watching The Following. Kevin Bacon couldn't be any more wooden if he was on sale in Ikea. And there should be more raping in it.

Re: The good TV thread...

Unbroken1 wrote:

...couple of eps into Vegas, really disappointing. Dennis Quaid as craggy local sheriff reluctantly dragged out of retirement to solve mob murders... no gloss at all, feels like a conventional 80's-style cop show. Villain is like a Boardwalk Empire henchman that didn't make the final cut

Was hoping for something halfway between Magic City and The Sopranos, more like a cross between McCloud and TJ Hooker

Pretty much anything that airs on network TV in the US these days (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX) these days is just going to be fucking dire. They're too afraid of losing their audience after a few episodes so every show ends up being a gloss on a shite procedural.

Last edited by Slabs (Saturday Feb 2013 21:03:13)

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

Re: The good TV thread...

Am giving Braquo a whirl.

Re: The good TV thread...

Well Vegas was a right disappointment. Don't think we'll be bothering with any more of that.

Re: The good TV thread...

Watched the finale of Utopia last night and have to say was very impressed, some great twists and its good to see something British that stands up well to the US dramas, without the schmaltz.
I predict the Americans will remake this within 2 years and probably ruin it like they usually do

Re: The good TV thread...

MattBlack wrote:

Watched the finale of Utopia last night and have to say was very impressed, some great twists and its good to see something British that stands up well to the US dramas, without the schmaltz.
I predict the Americans will remake this within 2 years and probably ruin it like they usually do

Utopia has been the best thing on telly for ages

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

Re: The good TV thread...

...finally finished Utopia, good series, definitely the best British-made drama of that type for ages. Couldn't help being a little disappointed with the ending so blatantly teeing up series 2 though, dunno how the graphic novel finished but would have much rather seen a more definite resolution

Still loving House of Cards... the building-up and knocking-down of Peter Russo is spectacular

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: The good TV thread...

Unbroken1 wrote:

Still loving House of Cards... the building-up and knocking-down of Peter Russo is spectacular

Agreed.  I got roped into hoping he'd succeed, only to know that ultimately he was going to become a victim in the game in which he was being played.

Great show.  I'm itching for more episodes.

Re: The good TV thread...

loopdokter wrote:

hoping he'd succeed, only to know that ultimately he was going to become a victim in the game in which he was being played.

That's how we all feel about your performance on here, Jay.