Topic: New Pryda

I used to like this stuff but he seems to be drifting more towards that EDM sound now, this is pretty awful tbh

http://soundcloud.com/eric-prydz/pryda- … eleased-01

Re: New Pryda

i was a huge pryda fan but this is just garbage. horrible tune, sounds like a afrojack aoki collab :S

Remember/Frankfurt & Rymd/Armed on vinyl were the last records i had of his back in 06/07, had the 1210's out not so long ago really glad i didnt get rid of my records its way better fun than cdjs or laptops.

Last edited by DuFunk (Thursday Mar 2013 05:54:58)

No idea why he has Zane Lowe talking over it.

"Aftermath" is still a monster. And I remember Digweed making a room explode with "Frankfurt." I don't fault the recent cheese. He's just lining his pockets and has been under his "Pryda" moniker for some time. Always preferred the stuff he knocked out as Cirez D.

He's got three levels hasn't he.

His real name

A made up name like his real name.

A name that's nothing like his real name.

I like the third, some great tracks.

The future ain't what it used to be.

Even if he knocked what many of you would call a 'decent' Pryda track, the general sound is dated as fuck.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Beats'N'Pieces wrote:

He's got three levels hasn't he.

His real name

A made up name like his real name.

A name that's nothing like his real name.

I like the third, some great tracks.

try to read 'Cirez D' backwards wink

and he got a lot more aliases...

his pryda stuff is not really just one style, really depends on the track...

edit: this recording does not really do justice

Last edited by faible (Thursday Mar 2013 11:27:13)

Was Cirez Dirp not cool then?

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

2006 was hell of a year for him.

A Bit Patchy-remix.
1983-remix.
Frankfurt.

Armed in 2007 was good, but it's been downhill ever since.

love/loved this one:

check out my hearthis.at page

i'm too old for this shit

his best stuff is unreleased anyway sad

fuckin bombs

shaunstrudwick wrote:

love/loved this one:

I always liked the original.

What is going on with Mojo anyway? I see his charts from time to time, check out some of his remixes, and none of it seems to make any sense. I liked his Balance disc and before that he was really on it (very good essential mix); Music Is Freedom had some good releases too. It just seems like the plot's been lost and it's a shame.

faible wrote:

his best stuff is unreleased anyway sad

fuckin bombs

That's the one from the Digweed Essential Mix from a few years ago, right? Been wondering what happened to that and if it was ever going to be released.

yes, it's called Pryda - Snaz but it is still unreleased.

I can honestly say that a fistful of beans & a top drawer Prydz track most definitely used to do the business ~2007. Utter cack now, but who would say no to the money?

he still did a lot of good stuff after 2007 but his releases got a lot worse.

the new track is horrible but I actually quite like his podcast. Some good unreleased music on them. Faible already posted some of them

Why would you be as commercially savvy as prydz obviously is and not release your better tunes?

maybe he suffers from the "cardillac-syndrome" and wants to keep his best tracks just for himself lol

"German psychologists have used the term "Cardillac syndrome" to refer to the pathologic difficulty or inability of an artist to separate himself from his works. In order to live from their creative efforts, artists must be able to separate themselves from their works. Often, however, this is extremely difficult for them, probably because their works represent part of their identity. They deal with this problem by various means, including keeping meticulous lists of those who have acquired their works and ensuring in contracts that they may buy their works back at any time"

There were a couple of good tracks in his EM but like you say, most of his best stuff remains unreleased

well nearly noone buys music anyways nowadays but you get radio plays, tv royalities and full shows with that commercial shit. 'everyday' is running on radio all day and his m83 remix was the track in that gucci commercial.

it's just such a shame...

he became a croudpleaser for the typical american EDM fanboy thats why now he is releasing shit tracks like powerdrive, everyday SW4 etc.  Money talks bullshit walks roll

...agree with Sean, even the best unreleased/old-style Prydz tracks sound dated now

Held a really unique position at one point, commercial stuff topping the Beatport charts, banging stuff from Cirez D/Mouseville getting plays from the proper techno DJ's, and getting high profile bookings on the back of his production rep, turning up and banging out the underground techno

Amazing producer on his day though, made tunes that sounded simply massive on a hefty system

Shame his sound hasn't developed in a more interesting way

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Not seen a crowd react more than when uncle John played shadows straight after Dana Burquist - McEnroe.

Every chance I tripped that up actually.