Topic: KLF - It's Grim Up North (Presto Edit)

KLF - It's Grim Up North (Presto Edit)

A sacrilegious reworking of the classic from 1991. It's been sitting on my hard drive for a few months so I decided to just finish it off (well, a version of it anyway; I never actually finish things) and see what others thought. Made it so it's easily mixable (Jerusalem has been removed completely, and the track starts with the thunderous kick) along with some other little tweaks, additions and stuff taken from both Parts 1 and 2.

Re: KLF - It's Grim Up North (Presto Edit)

Jay Kaufman at 6.43:

I strangely don't recall this track and I was a massive KLF fan back in the day. Their manefesto on music is excellent.

LOL A massive fan ? Its like being a massive Nirvana fan but saying to have never heard of Smells like team spirit.

Last edited by Dermo (Tuesday Apr 2013 20:51:32)

Part of the problem

Presto, not meaning to piss on your parade but you could have saved yourself a lot of time here by getting a copy of the original club mix which is basically what you've replicated. Still you got one thing right, it is sacrilege.

http://www.discogs.com/Justified-Ancien … ase/324765

Nice to hear Nantwich get a mention.

There was only 350 released but its the version you'll hear on all the old sets back then from any decent DJ. At 300+ $ i'm glad to say mine is safely stored away.

Last edited by Dermo (Tuesday Apr 2013 20:49:07)

Part of the problem

I did say I wanted to incorporate elements from that mix too.

And there's no parade pissing here. I made this as a pet project and just put it out there.

You said parts one and two. The club mix isnt either. Just saying.

Part of the problem

It's in the Soundcloud description.

just checking.

Part of the problem

Your better than this Presto

Hoping he 'revisits' cowpander and takes all the xpander bits out.

Part of the problem

Nice work Presto. I've fond memories of listening to the original on one of those Now tapes I got for Christmas. Not sure which number.

Great days. Might have been the year I got the Light Fantastic on the Commodre 64. Such great days.

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.