Topic: Get Lucky

New Daft Punk single drops today.

Think it's the best "pop" song I've heard in a couple of years.

Here's a radio rip link:

https://soundcloud.com/the-flying-flatc … -radio-rip

Re: Get Lucky

I can't even be bothered to listen, sorry to be a ball ache. Is it the thing with Nile Rodgers? These two clowns need to fuck off, does anybody actually listen to Daft Cunt anymore other than students and music industry hipsters? The French always made fantastic cheese - I'll have a generous of helping of Bob Sinclar with my wine and David Guetta, and some fresh garlic-infused Motorbass to go along with it please. Wankers.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

This certainly isn't the crap "EDM" that has become so popular stateside.

Easily the most musical thing I've heard Daft Punk do in a while.

Worth a listen at the very least.

Is that really Daft Punk, doesnt really sound like them

The "Tron: Legacy" soundtrack by Daft Punk is excellent. And I don't like Daft Punk.

MattBlack wrote:

Is that really Daft Punk, doesnt really sound like them

Talkboxes, filters and disco funk samples? Yea, nothing like a Daft Punk record.

That said the production quality is pretty shit so it's probably not actually real.

sabotini wrote:

That said the production quality is pretty shit so it's probably not actually real.

Thats kind of my feeling, a lot of people on the clip think its fake too

TitianWarrior wrote:

The "Tron: Legacy" soundtrack by Daft Punk is excellent. And I don't like Daft Punk.

I'll go along with that

Seems it is them after all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekED7P4Guj4

Well I think it sounds great.

TitianWarrior wrote:

An absolutely brilliant soundtrack.

I'm a fan of Daft Punk. Have been for years. But the sycophancy that surrounds them these days is beyond absurd. They've made one good album. They released a few good singles (one great) on Roule. There live show was great fun. But all that does not equate this daft (sorry) bootlicking as if they're fucking Led Zepplin or something.

really sorry i heard that track. i am also a fan of daft punk, and have been for years, but that track is fucking awful.

zackster wrote:

really sorry i heard that track. i am also a fan of daft punk, and have been for years, but that track is fucking awful.

It's no 8th St Acid, that's for sure.

Mr. C's Acting Career wrote:

I'm a fan of Daft Punk. Have been for years. But the sycophancy that surrounds them these days is beyond absurd. They've made one good album. They released a few good singles (one great) on Roule. There live show was great fun. But all that does not equate this daft (sorry) bootlicking as if they're fucking Led Zepplin or something.

....agreed, some great singles but I never thought Homework was anything like the masterpiece some seem to think

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

sabotini wrote:
zackster wrote:

It's no 8th St Acid, that's for sure.

look. pharrel bailed on my vocal mix so that he could work with "the robots", and that's still a sore subject.

Feeling it and really looking forward to new album. Pharell said you don't need MDMA to listen to it.

Decent enough interview...
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … m-20130413

And Homework is a classic, no question. No filler album and the fact it was out in '97 makes it way way way ahead of its time.

Last edited by Diminished Responsibility (Tuesday Apr 2013 23:16:52)

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

And Homework is a classic, no question.

...I just questioned it. 3/4 decent tracks on there tops

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Da Funk, Around the World, Teachers, Rollin and Scratchin, Burnin (this probably sounds better in Alive 2007), Revolution 909, Phoenix (sick bassline), Alive is a techno monster... there's so much great stuff in there Damo, and really eclectic. Even the segway 30sec-1min tracks are pretty cool too. Alive is such a beastly tune. 

Discovery is a bit campy, but there are some decent feel-good housey tunes in there. Think Human After All was pretty epic, pretty much laid the groundwork for Justice et al, with that raunchy tough sound, that too in a time when electro was sucking balls. Been avoiding Tron, but going by the peeps here, think I'll give it a proper listen soon.

Da Funk, Around the World, Teachers, Rollin and Scratchin, Burnin (this probably sounds better in Alive 2007), Revolution 909, Phoenix (sick bassline), Alive is a techno monster... there's so much great stuff in there Damo, and really eclectic. Even the segway 30sec-1min tracks are pretty cool too. Alive is such a beastly tune. 

Discovery is a bit campy, but there are some decent feel-good housey tunes in there. Think Human After All was pretty epic, pretty much laid the groundwork for Justice et al, with that raunchy tough sound, that too in a time when electro was sucking balls. Been avoiding Tron, but going by the peeps here, think I'll give it a proper listen soon.

http://www.snowymountains.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Segway-Pics-28-Jun-11-15-Medium.jpg

Part of the problem

Feeling it and really looking forward to new album. Pharell said you don't need MDMA to listen to it.

From that Youtube video i would say he was on something though

Nicely done on the navy blue trabbs Dermo hahaha, got the brand wrong though!