Re: Get Lucky

MattBlack wrote:
Diminished Responsibility wrote:

Feeling it and really looking forward to new album. Pharell said you don't need MDMA to listen to it.

From that Youtube video i would say he was on something though

Would mind some of that 'jet lag' medicine.

Alive is about the only Daft Punk tune I would say is any cop.

Da Funk, Around the World, Teachers, Rollin and Scratchin, Burnin (this probably sounds better in Alive 2007), Revolution 909, Phoenix (sick bassline), Alive is a techno monster... there's so much great stuff in there Damo, and really eclectic. Even the segway 30sec-1min tracks are pretty cool too. Alive is such a beastly tune.

...in all honestly, 'Da Funk' is the only one I really rate out of that list, fucking brilliant track. 'Around the World' is kinda catchy in an as-long-as-I-never-have-to-listen-to-it-again kinda way, 'Teachers' is fucking nauseating, 'R&S' & 'Burnin' make me feel there's an irritating itch in the centre of my head I can't get to, not my kind of techno at all

Admit I'm not so familiar with the later albums but remember thinking they were super-spangly pop sounding (which they do really well)... I just never understood the legendary album status conferred on Homework, that's all

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Agree on Da funk, amazing track, Around the world was ok but i was never really into all that French filtered house stuff

Cant be doing with them. Da funk is ok and the rest is garbage.  Exactly the kind of thing you'd expect the folk of the 3rd world and sepo's to be into though.

Last edited by Dermo (Wednesday Apr 2013 02:31:10)

Part of the problem

Discovery is a bit campy

Think Human After All was pretty epic.

i can't fathom anybody placing human after all above discovery. love homework and all, but discovery is the best thing they have done, and probably ever will do. it's a complete album from start to finish. however, the third album was total shit. imo, of course.

Two fully grown garlic infused twat's wearing children's robot helmets. Should be enough really shouldn't it?

Part of the problem

dutchy101 wrote:

Alive is about the only Daft Punk tune I would say is any cop.

In retrospect, okay. But c'mon. Stardust was the track for quite some time; as in THE Track. The Trax On Da Rox stuff is still good if not a tad hyper. Sure, they took the filter thing too far but they did it better than anyone.

I guess that's the frustration with my earlier post. They are/were fantastic at what they do - love it or leave it. But the praise they get for their past is just revisionist and frankly not true; especially here in the States (yeah, yeah - we all know). The same people erecting themselves over the new album blasted, or ignored, great dance music for years and couldn't be fussed with Human After All (not that I blame them) 'cause they were too busy being depressed listening to Postal Service and drinking 4$ coffee (not mutually exclusive, I'm sure).

Dermo wrote:

Cant be doing with them. Da funk is ok and the rest is garbage.  Exactly the kind of thing you'd expect the folk of the 3rd world and sepo's to be into though.

this

never got their appeal whatsoever.

Don't know how anyone can really slate Daft Punk, kind of like shitting on Leftfield or Underworld.

Just fucking titans of the dance music world, whose output has been much more brilliant than bad.

They did PEAK with ROLLIN' & SCRATCHIN' on their first album though.

草泥马

FUCKING EPIC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbb8kZw-xRg

草泥马

Beijing Dave wrote:

Don't know how anyone can really slate Daft Punk, kind of like shitting on Leftfield or Underworld.

...this is just the point, it's not like that at all

Not fit to lace either of their boots IMO

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Oh go and punch a fucking horse or something will you.

草泥马

millsy23 wrote:
Dermo wrote:

this

never got their appeal whatsoever.

They're for people who like fun in their lives, Millsy.

草泥马

Daft Punk are for people who celebrate when an aeroplane flies over Bora Bora beach club.

I knew Dave would come on here and keep shit real. Nice won.

Some proper British bias going on in this thread IMO. LULZ Fatboyslim.

Last edited by Diminished Responsibility (Thursday Apr 2013 05:14:20)

Shut up Rhouses.

Beijing Dave wrote:

Oh go and punch a fucking horse or something will you.

..tenderising Dave, tenderising

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Big Fella wrote:

Daft Punk are for people who celebrate when an aeroplane flies over Bora Bora beach club.

...lol, quite

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Daft Punk sound grates against me.  Do I need to take my top off while listening to them? Dave's advice is essential here.  He's clearly a massive fan.  And Rhouses.  Peas in a pod on so many EDM issues those two.

That stupid vo-coded voice in One More Time makes me want to hit someone.

One More Time is dogshit.

So is 80% of Leftfield's second album, yet we all revere them.

So what's your point?

草泥马

Essentially, Leftfield have ONE genuinely cracking album in their canon.

So do Daft Punk.

Both put out some utter dogshit as well. But their decent stuff more than atones for it.

草泥马

Also, Bangalter MUST be a better DJ than Paul Daley. Seen Daley and he's decidedly DODGE.

草泥马

By the way, YOUSE are all fucking spasctics except Rhouse.

草泥马