Re: Get Lucky

millsy23 wrote:

And Rhouses.  Peas in a pod on so many EDM issues those two.

Low blow.

Rhouse,
In the middle of a tweet
Rhouse,
Fucking shite trabbs on his feet

草泥马

Pissed etc

Going to bed

草泥马

Inevitable.

https://soundcloud.com/djvictorenrolf/d … tley-never

I think the Nile Rodgers Collaborators video hits the nail on the head. It's a refreshing sound in the current commercial climate. this track is going to be all over summer. Perfect vibe.

Just hope it doesn't get some shoddy remixes at the tail end of it. Probably a release like Daft Club maybe?

I'm really intrigued about the Giorgio Moroder track as well

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

LULZ Fatboyslim.

Funny is it Rhouses? Funny having one of the biggest attraction Dj's on the planet is it? Name me just one fucking Indian Dj who ive heard of.  Oh please do. Then SHUT FUCKING UP.

Part of the problem

Even by your trolling standards, defending Fatboy Slim is low.

Dermo wrote:

Name me just one fucking Indian Dj who ive heard of.  Oh please do. Then SHUT FUCKING UP.

http://www.womanjah.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Richi-Madan.jpg

Beijing Dave wrote:

Essentially, Leftfield have ONE genuinely cracking album in their canon.

So do Daft Punk.

Both put out some utter dogshit as well. But their decent stuff more than atones for it.

...at least Leftfield had one unquestionable classic. Homework is chronically overrated, could never imagine sticking that on to a room full of clattered people and playing it from beginning to end.

I'll actually agree with you on Rhythm & Stealth, far from a classic album, a couple of decent tracks, but otherwise was a massive let down for me (and I'm a huge fan). However, they did have 4/5 years of absolutely belting tracks/remixes before Leftism came along, and are fucking massive live.

Loved some of the Roule stuff and the aforementioned Da Funk, but not nearly enough good underground stuff from Daft Punk to put them remotely in the same category IMO

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Never liked a single Daft Punk record.  Hadn't heard the original of their new tune but then heard this edit of it (already?!) this evening - absolutely class bit of summer pop/disco...

http://soundcloud.com/funky-tech/daft-p … isco-tech#

Ah yes..the Mexican Monkey track. Very good.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

sabotini wrote:

Even by your trolling standards, defending Fatboy Slim is low.

Beats international, The mighty dubcats, Pizzaman -baby-loop & Sans Bateaux, fuck all wrong with any of them. Better than anything Gupta and his mates have ever produced. Merely asking what rhouses had in his locker for him to find it approprite to belittle anyone with a smattering of talent.

Last edited by Dermo (Thursday Apr 2013 17:26:03)

Part of the problem

Beats international = shit

Babyloop = excellent

steelydan wrote:

Beats international = shit

Haha well spotted. You'll be telling me The Housemartins were shit next.

Last edited by Dermo (Thursday Apr 2013 18:27:27)

Part of the problem

...I'd have thought Rhouses would have appreciated the significance of Beats International, without them none of us would have known about British Knights:

http://cdn.necolebitchie.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/british-knights-black-and-white-granite.jpg

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Dub Be Good To Me was boss

Norman Cook was also Pizzaman I think?

check out my hearthis.at page

i'm too old for this shit

Smallman, British Knights became pretty big way before Beats International appeared on the scene AFAIK.

They were huge in rap circles after they became trendy due to 'BK'* standing for 'Blood Killer' in Crip-controlled 'hoods.

Public Enemy (although not actually Crips as far as I know) wore them in many of their videos too, which easily predate Beats International.

*Equally, Calvin Klein garments with a huge CK on were favoured by Bloods and shunned by Crips.

草泥马

I never had British knights though I did have a pair of SPX back in my hip hop phase

Andy C wrote:

It's a refreshing sound in the current commercial climate

So, a cheesy pop-dance summer record is a refreshing change to more commercial sounding music? Meh. I've no interest in Moroder or Nile Rodgers either, their time was the seventies and there's more interesting things happening now. But that's Daft Punk all over isn't it? Ripping off old tunes for their crappy bubble bath grooves and living large in the dim and distant Disco past. Justice are also twonks, and their bastard love children Alex Metric and Calvin Harris can also sail off with them into the sunset for all I care.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Met Metric once. I challenge anyone to prove him being anything other than a massive massive bellend.

Part of the problem

Beijing Dave wrote:

Smallman, British Knights became pretty big way before Beats International appeared on the scene AFAIK.

They were huge in rap circles after they became trendy due to 'BK'* standing for 'Blood Killer' in Crip-controlled 'hoods.

Public Enemy (although not actually Crips as far as I know) wore them in many of their videos too, which easily predate Beats International.

*Equally, Calvin Klein garments with a huge CK on were favoured by Bloods and shunned by Crips.

No idea why this is aimed at me but appreciated nonetheless.

Saw Justice Dj at the last ever Bugged Out at The End.

They were alright tbf.

http://junkee.com/have-daft-punks-marke … ll-in/5875

Dermo wrote:

Met Metric once. I challenge anyone to prove him being anything other than a massive massive bellend.

Indeed. I was messing about in his shared studio a few years back, before he managed to somehow squeeze Pete Tong's half-chink cock into his mouth and suck his way to a career. There was all this odd looking analogue gear strewn around, and he used to write all his lyrics down on pieces of A4 paper and stick them all over the walls with masking tape, like some spastic fantasist in a mental hospital who thinks he's the reincarnation of George Harrison. It was fucking freezing as well.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Was at a wedding of a mutual friend. Cunt must have tried to tell everyone in there at least once who he was. Me and the Mrs purposely pretended we had never heard of him or any of his music which really annoyed him.

Part of the problem

smallman1 wrote:

Saw Justice Dj at the last ever Bugged Out at The End.

They were alright tbf.

rough Justice?

http://news.beatport.com/blog/2008/11/1 … live-sets/