Re: Get Lucky

Does it count as getting taken in if you actually enjoy the song?

Not saying this is a classic song that will reign for eternity, but it's pretty good. They got my $1.29 today, so kudos to them.

Don't really get the hype over this track, I've never been a big daft punk fan though

Dermo wrote:

Was at a wedding of a mutual friend. Cunt must have tried to tell everyone in there at least once who he was. Me and the Mrs purposely pretended we had never heard of him or any of his music which really annoyed him.

Excellent. People like Harris are all about the attention, hence his desperate twattishness on the X Factor. Notice his second album is loaded to the gills with big name guests, the sure sign of a record company which doubts the credibility of the artist (see: Guetta, David).
I'm sure most people have forgotten Harris already, since the turnover of purile blink-and-you-miss-them pop bitches has reached epidemic proportions.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Notice his second album is loaded to the gills with big name guests, the sure sign of a record company which doubts the credibility of the artist (see: Guetta, David).

Nobody at Guetta's record company has any issues with his credibility, they know exactly what he is; a musically poor one man money printing machine. He could buy his own country.

Think Get Lucky is a pretty average track, it could be a Chic b side that Pharell has decided to sample and rap over, nothing special really.

Re Homework, I think you have to look back at it in context of when it came out, it sounded pretty fresh back then, even though it's been copied to fuck now. Same with a lot of albums of that time.

Amps wrote:

Re Homework, I think you have to look back at it in context of when it came out, it sounded pretty fresh back then, even though it's been copied to fuck now. Same with a lot of albums of that time.

Agreed. It's certainly dated better than a lot of the albums that came out at the time. "Exit Planet Dust" sounds down right peculiar these days. Fatboy Slim's stuff comes across comedic. The vast majority of techno just seems too fast by today's standards. Beyond "Homework", Bangalter's "Trax On Da Rox" stuff is fantastic. And I still like "Aerodynamic"

Exit Planet Dust is a good comparison, it and Homework both have loads of retro cues, Exit Planet Dust to old older electro tracks and Homework to the disco stuff, it made both of the very accessible and has allowed them to have a longer period of relevancy.

Shut up, Amps.

"Ban them, ban them alllllllllllllllllllllll" - Homegrove (April-2014)

As the barman said to the polar bear, 'why the big pause?'

And no, you fucking bell whiff.

Rumour has it they are headlining radio1's big weekend in derry at the end of may ripping i couldnt get a ticket.

DuFunk wrote:

ripping i couldnt get a ticket.

You what??? I'm guessing you didn't actually go to school and get an education?

Guess who's back .......... 'Odgy's back

1 A lot of Leftfields best stuff didn’t appear on any of their albums

2 Daft Punk are hit and miss for me ( although I would like to see them play Glastonbury as Ive been told they are very good live ), ‘Pheonix’ is massive, ‘One More Time’ is an absolute abomination

3 I think the track in question is brilliant, a far better pop track than the bandwagon garbage that Usher / Pitbull / Rihanna have been putting out recently

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Nick Sneddon wrote:

Daft Punk are hit and miss for me ( although I would like to see them play Glastonbury as Ive been told they are very good live )

I'd rather see Tom Waits or GWAR, not two garlic-munchers in motorcycle helmets stood behind a rack of synths. As least you'd get a show with the former, even if you can't understand a word they're singing.

Wouldn't life be a hoot if we all liked the same thing flaresey.

the video makes the song imo

it's a grower

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

Big Fella wrote:

Wouldn't life be a hoot if we all liked the same thing flaresey.

It would be more desirable if everybody came on board and liked what I like. Then again, that would automatically render me less cool by association, so perhaps the status quo should remain as it is.

shaunstrudwick wrote:

the video makes the song imo

it's a grower

This is by far the best remix:

...perhaps the status quo should remain...

No, they can fuck off - the three chord, stonewashed denim, septum less, long-but-embarrassingly-thinning-hair cunts.

smashdad wrote:

No, they can fuck off - the three chord, stonewashed denim, septum less, long-but-embarrassingly-thinning-hair cunts.

To be fair, that song which goes 'Down down, deeper and down...' is rather enjoyable, particularly when you hear it through the ceiling from your neighbours flat on New Years Eve, when you're sitting pissed as a tramp on your sofa ready to pass out. And they DO like their nosebag...

smashdad wrote:

To be fair, that song which goes 'Down down, deeper and down...' is rather enjoyable, particularly when you hear it through the ceiling from your neighbours flat on New Years Eve, when you're sitting pissed as a tramp on your sofa ready to pass out. And they DO like their nosebag...

They actually played live at the Ritz in Manchester a few weeks back, all the top artists play there, in future weeks we have Craig David and So Solid Crew

MattBlack wrote:

They actually played live at the Ritz in Manchester a few weeks back, all the top artists play there, in future weeks we have Craig David and So Solid Crew

Nice, is Craaaaig Daaaavid booked in for seven daaaays...

MattBlack wrote:

Nice, is Craaaaig Daaaavid booked in for seven daaaays...

No, hes chilling on Sunday

The album's surfaced.

Hooray.

Probably best to forget the internet for the next few days...

My kids love them....no doubt I'll get the album.

Next High-Soul Society@Star of Bethnal Green http://www.starofbethnalgreen.com
April 11th > march's effort http://m.mixcloud.com/danieloliver72/march-2014/

http://soundcloud.com/dumbshitthatjakaz … get-clucky

I've heard this get lucky tune a fair few times now and a massive lol to everyone on here who thinks it's any good. Fucking khazi

c300 dance music CDs in his collection (Dec 2013)