i used to like mixing that Quentin Harris track up with this:

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

Re: Modern House Classics...

One for Snedders

A proper modern house classic

There's a lot of tracks in here that only the person posting them knows of. To me thats not a classic. That's a personal fav. A classic is a track that everyone knows and will still be recognisable in 20 years time. i mean come on struddders who the fuck is going to class that Erin track as a classic ffs? have a fucking word.

Don't get me wrong Maceo Plex has bored the tears out of me for the last year or so. Especially all the sultry 'sexy' vocals he perma imposed on us. But to be fair if there was one track that will be remembered and become a classic its this.

Tiz a good track tbf

And if you don't know it. You're a mong.

Last edited by Dermo (Tuesday May 2013 01:54:40)

Part of the problem

... see to me 'Under The Sheets' epitomises the 'ooh yeah sexxxy baaby' vocal shite that bugs me so much about him. A decent enough house groove with this cheesy, self-consciously 'sexxy' lyric crowbarred-in over the top

Like I said, excellent producer, but for me a track like 'Stay High Baby' works so much better, nice druggy hook that fits the sleazy production style really well.

Maybe that's why I think his remixes are often stronger... he doesn't get to indulge his penchant for asthmatic muscle Marys in ill-fitting white robes with massive lazy lob-ons lounging around the vocal booth

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

...and 'Let's Be Young' is a great shout

The kind of track this thread should be about.. timeless.

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Unbroken1 wrote:

... see to me 'Under The Sheets' epitomises the 'ooh yeah sexxxy baaby' vocal shite that bugs me so much about him. A decent enough house groove with this cheesy, self-consciously 'sexxy' lyric crowbarred-in over the top

Like I said, excellent producer, but for me a track like 'Stay High Baby' works so much better, nice druggy hook that fits the sleazy production style really well.

Maybe that's why I think his remixes are often stronger... he doesn't get to indulge his penchant for asthmatic muscle Marys in ill-fitting white robes with massive lazy lob-ons lounging around the vocal booth

Totes agree with you Damo. I just think Under the sheets will be the one that gets remembered and maybe become a classic

Part of the problem

Unbroken1 wrote:

he doesn't get to indulge his penchant for asthmatic muscle Marys in ill-fitting white robes with massive lazy lob-ons lounging around the vocal booth

lol. That's a house classic right there.

Unbroken1 wrote:

yeh its a cool track but that Erin track is shite and rips off so many other good tracks that came well before it.

Part of the problem

Not a classic Dermo, so stop your crying.

See you in 20 when i'm right.

Part of the problem

That is possibly the worst Maceo Plex track. Dermo having an absolute reg.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Deux 'Sun Rising Up'

http://www.discogs.com/Deux-Sun-Rising- … ase/339017

...fffuuuck no, scratch that youtube link, meant the dub version obv.

Last edited by Unbroken1 (Tuesday May 2013 03:41:31)

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

seanc80 wrote:

That is possibly the worst Maceo Plex track. Dermo having an absolute reg.

Just because it doesn't meet your exacting standards Sean doesn't mean its not going to be remembered. Try dropping it in one of your sets, see how the pub reacts.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:

yeh its a cool track but that Erin track is shite and rips off so many other good tracks that came well before it.

haha - yeah defo not a 'classic' just wanted to see Dan's reaction - i did play it a lot at the time tho

that Bombdogs track i liked as well

living la vida Strudders

living la vida Strudders

2003 ?? Damo are you letting this go?

Edit. Fuck thats a shit mix too and its prog.

Last edited by Dermo (Tuesday May 2013 04:18:11)

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Try dropping it in one of your sets, see how the pub reacts.

lol how cutting.
I'll give it a miss thanks

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Dermo wrote:

2003 ?? Damo are you letting this go?

2004 iirc

living la vida Strudders

lol ffs, if there was a classic rock & roll thread Strudders would try and shoehorn Jayn Hanna - Lovelight into the equation.

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

Strudders you are now banned from this thread

It needed doing. Stand down Strudders. Enough of your shite. That last one was the pits.

Part of the problem