Re: Sasha 2 Hour Mix On Radio 6 Tonight

Some good stuff on here indeed.

simonr wrote:

Until you hear the bleeps from (I assume) facebook that have been recorded intermittently too.

Schoolboy error.

Here is another recording, actually enjoyed this, reminded me of his Kiss mix from a few years back

http://soundcloud.com/everybodywantstob … 2013-05-10

Bet John fucking loves the board that he is paying for clogged up with Sasha threads.

A decent moderator would change 'Sasha' for cumsock or such.

didn't know about this, just listening now. That James Welsh The Way track is brilliant.

It's all very nice, but it's a little too laid back for me, wish he would start getting on it and banging it out a bit.

Thx for sharing the link to the mix....that Jess Mills remix is incredible, pity it wont see the light of day unless we see a giveaway somewhere down the line sad

liquitech1 wrote:

Thx for sharing the link to the mix....that Jess Mills remix is incredible, pity it wont see the light of day unless we see a giveaway somewhere down the line sad

henry says (saiz) it could get released this year

In this day and age you would like to think that music producers, especially, would like to get their music out there in any way and form, even if they aren't too happy with the reworkings of it*. I know some will stick to their principles and all, but really... just let it go... *especially if someone of the calibre of the man like is championing it.

Am I wrong in thinking this?

Beef Jerky Time!

spinnerlg wrote:

In this day and age you would like to think that music producers, especially, would like to get their music out there in any way and form, even if they aren't too happy with the reworkings of it*. I know some will stick to their principles and all, but really... just let it go... *especially if someone of the calibre of the man like is championing it.

Not at all mate...what's strange is the fact the label rejected it after giving the go-ahead for a dance remix in the first place, maybe it wasn't mainstream enough, I've no idea...can someone with experience of the situation provide some light on it?...remixes can draw the listener to the original in most cases, so you would think its a win-win hmm

liquitech1 wrote:
spinnerlg wrote:

Not at all mate...what's strange is the fact the label rejected it after giving the go-ahead for a dance remix in the first place, maybe it wasn't mainstream enough, I've no idea...can someone with experience of the situation provide some light on it?...remixes can draw the listener to the original in most cases, so you would think its a win-win hmm

The label did already put out a couple of dance remixes of Pixelated People - Maya Jane Coles' take on it is terrific - perhaps they simply didn't think the one Sasha played was what they were after, or good enough...

smashdad wrote:
liquitech1 wrote:
spinnerlg wrote:

The label did already put out a couple of dance remixes of Pixelated People - Maya Jane Coles' take on it is terrific - perhaps they simply didn't think the one Sasha played was what they were after, or good enough...

The nocturnal sunshine remix is great and I get the fact they may not have liked it...the part I don't understand is why they would give it to Saiz to remix and then reject it knowing the kind of interpretations he makes...seems odd is all as the quality is obvious...do labels normally ask for the kind of remix they want or do they leave it up to the artist?

Jess is published by Warner Chappell and Island own the rights, so its not as simple as just getting it out there in any shape or form unfortunately. Red tape and major label bureaucracy.

Henry's remix will be available soon, dependent on the decisions of Jess's management & label. It was commissioned on spec by Island, but didn't make the cut for the commercial release. Sasha also requested it as a track he wanted to re-edit for his Involv3r.

Will be good to see it finally out there properly, great remix

Last edited by mikemiller (Saturday May 2013 16:00:37)

A mix and some of my old productions here: http://www.soundcloud.com/mikemillerdj

mikemiller wrote:

Jess is published by Warner Chappell and Island own the rights, so its not as simple as just getting it out there in any shape or form unfortunately. Red tape and major label bureaucracy.

Henry's remix will be available soon, dependent on the decisions of Jess's management & label. It was commissioned on spec by Island, but didn't make the cut for the commercial release. Sasha also requested it as a track he wanted to re-edit for his Involv3r.

Will be good to see it finally out there properly, great remix

Thx mate...It would certainly be a nice track to have in the collection, it uses the best part of the vox imo compared to the other versions

'Offenbach' actually fit better in this set than all the previous ones he played it in.

right Matt? lol

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

I prefer Eulbergs latest one, Opel Tantra out later this month, Digweed played it in Tokyo few weeks back.

http://www.deejay.de/m_All/play/__124738

Roger, Wilco.

starcreeper wrote:

'Offenbach' actually fit better in this set than all the previous ones he played it in.

right Matt? lol

Lol, quite. Actually enjoyed this mix, reminded me of his Kiss mixes from the early 90's and agree that Henry Saiz remix of Pixelated people is a beaut

It's a shame he never released this one instead of the nonsense on involver 3.
Top set!!!!

liquitech1 wrote:
smashdad wrote:
liquitech1 wrote:

The nocturnal sunshine remix is great and I get the fact they may not have liked it...the part I don't understand is why they would give it to Saiz to remix and then reject it knowing the kind of interpretations he makes...seems odd is all as the quality is obvious...do labels normally ask for the kind of remix they want or do they leave it up to the artist?

I think it's fairly standard for a (big) label to commission several remixes and then 'take their pick' - there must be hundreds of half-decent remixes left 'on the cutting room floor' over the years never to see the light of day...  Increasingly, in these days of Soundcloud and the like, you see these rejects leaking out after sufficient time has passed but years ago rejected remixes would just have 'disappeared'.

*edit*
... plus, in the event of Jess Mills going on to have a lengthy, successful, career then the label can milk her fanbase in years to come by putting out a compilation of 'unreleased remixes and rarities' - we've all seen that sort of thing before I'm sure...

Last edited by smashdad (Sunday May 2013 03:57:00)

She's the spawn of Tessa Jowell, therefore, she can do one.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

smashdad wrote:
liquitech1 wrote:
smashdad wrote:

I think it's fairly standard for a (big) label to commission several remixes and then 'take their pick' - there must be hundreds of half-decent remixes left 'on the cutting room floor' over the years never to see the light of day...  Increasingly, in these days of Soundcloud and the like, you see these rejects leaking out after sufficient time has passed but years ago rejected remixes would just have 'disappeared'.

*edit*
... plus, in the event of Jess Mills going on to have a lengthy, successful, career then the label can milk her fanbase in years to come by putting out a compilation of 'unreleased remixes and rarities' - we've all seen that sort of thing before I'm sure...

yep BT did something along those lines

smashdad wrote:

*edit*

Thx man...I've seen it happen a lot over the last few years with digi releases and always wondered, makes sense....I suppose that's one advantage right there of digi over vinyl that we take for granted!

Anyone any idea what track 8 is?

Beautiful track!

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

If he was at an after party with Pricer he will have.

I had Michael Mayer back after a gig once. He totally came onto me.

The weird sub plot of this mix being that Sasha isn't bad at presenting a radio show.