Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Squidgy wrote:

Again, think a lot of people got a bit over excited on this one.

The same people.

Part of the problem

Iron man 3 7/10. Watchable and much better than 2. I just didnt enjoy it as much as 1.

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

...Trance: bit of a mess plot-wise and not exactly vintage Danny Boyle, but some entertaining moments and quality performances. McAvoy is good and Vincent Cassel always watchable. Surprisingly large role for my mate Danny Sapani too (*KLANG* etc).

Will be hoping to get another listen to Rick Smith's excellent soundtrack at some point...

6/10

(10/10 for the cameo from Rosario Dawson's freshly-shaven muff)

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Unbroken1 wrote:

...Trance: bit of a mess plot-wise and not exactly vintage Danny Boyle, but some entertaining moments and quality performances. McAvoy is good and Vincent Cassel always watchable. Surprisingly large role for my mate Danny Sapani too (*KLANG* etc).

Will be hoping to get another listen to Rick Smith's excellent soundtrack at some point...

6/10

(10/10 for the cameo from Rosario Dawson's freshly-shaven muff)

my thoughts exactly on all of that.

Unbroken1 wrote:

I've yet to see the movie, but I purchased the CD.  Highly recommended listening.

Watched Kill List last night, worth a watch (though the heavy cockney did go over my head at times)... creepy as fuck. Didn't really buy the ending though.

Wally wrote:

Iron man 3 7/10. Watchable and much better than 2. I just didnt enjoy it as much as 1.

I'll go along with that. Thought Ben Kingsley's character The Mandarin was superb.

Prog God

Saw Dark Skies last night, most enjoyable yarn about aliens, disturbingly I thought how Vic would enjoy this. And I don't even know the bloke.

As I have been quite poorly with the pox or a strange kind of ague I have been ensconced in front of the box for most of the week and have viewed the following for various different reasons, some plausible, some not. I may have been hallucinating through some of them due to a lack of nourishment that has left me looking decidedly like the granny-in-the-bath in The Shining. Some of the film titles/actors/plots may not be right or may not exist at all so don't be getting all pissy and pm'ing me unless it's to wish me a speedy recovery.

The Hobbit: more padding than a teenager's bra. Won't be bothering with 2 & 3, thanks very much.

Silverlinings Playbook: quite entertaining and Jenny Lawrence is quite tasty. Wasn't she a bit of jail-bait in some film or was she being nonced?  I possibly dreamt that bit. Could have done without DeNiro tbh as he is difficult to take seriously. It's like watching your Da trying to play five-a-side footy.

You Me And Dupree: another reason (if needed) to wish Owen Wilson a slow and lingering death. Matt Dillon is good. I watched this without my wife.

Salvation Boulevard: a true could-not-find-the-remote moment and one of the most horrendously bad films I've ever seen. Pierce Brosnan does his best but Greg Kinnear is in it so it was always destined to be a turkey. I have the feeling some people here may like this one

Storage 24: a Thing-like horror flick during which I dozed off so I may be doing it a great disservice but it was fucking gash.

Gone: bog-standard bird-kidnapped-serial-killer rubbish. The main actress has a face like a small dog in a cute kind of a way but you would find annoying after a few weeks and would have to eat your dinner in another room.

View To A Kill: thought I couldn't go wrong with a bit of vintage Bond, Chris Walken as the baddie etc but Roger Moore was in it and the scene where the two of them are horse-riding is hilarious. And I missed the end but I have a feeling Bond saved the world

Ghost-Ship: not one that Gabriel Byrne will be proud of, or even remember for that matter. Julia Margoolies is in it as the token eye-candy but she looks a bit manly. This was a DVD given to me by one of my mates as a cover for some bongo flicks and he also must have used it for racking up bugle as the disc was scratched to bits, so bad that the dishwasher couldn't save it so I'm not sure how this one panned out

My Bloody Valentine: horror from the early 80's, made for a tenner. Gave it 20 mins but no more. My time is precious.

The Ballad of Jack and Rosie: actually not bad, with Daniel Day Lewis as a bit of a mental hippy, so I'd say the role came to him easily enough.

Having You: Anna Friel starred along with a bloke who looks disturbingly like The Juice. However, the horny mojo has been sucked out of me by this wasting disease so I watched it from an aesthetic point of view rather than what it would be like to ride the hole of Ms Friel. Which was the whole point of watching the thing in the first fucking place.

The Constant Gardner: a redeemer, this one, or a suicide-stopper, as in it prevented me from drinking the contents of my car battery. I love Ralph Fiennes. I think you could be mates with him.

Josey Wales: the old reliable. Possibly the best film ever made.

???: with Kevin Costner as a gnarled old coast-guard thingy and a bloke that's famous from MTV and has an incredibly punchable face (narrows it down, I know) and I know he was shagging some top bird but got caught shagging some other top bird so that makes him an even bigger cunt cos he can and is. I don't know who it is and I didn't watch the rest of the film but I'll give it 8/10

Needless to say Sky Movies is getting the heave-ho next week.

TTFN,
The Phil.

Great work here, Naus. 10/10

The Outlaw Josey Wales is indeed the greatest movie ever made.

He's waded through some right shit to get there though.  Fair play.

The Phil always watches shite.

Big Fella wrote:

The Phil always watches shite.

Slight generalisation there, cunto. Bit like me saying you're always talking out of your hoop and we all know that's not true, don't we?

Even Hannu has better tastes in films than The Phil.

The Place Beyond The Pines. The best film you will download illegally this weekend.

Last edited by seanc80 (Tuesday May 2013 04:19:42)

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

It wasn't on when I tried to book this evening which I was a bit gutted about. Saw Mud instead though, which is a pretty good film - probably half an hour too long mind.

La Nausee wrote:

As I have been quite poorly with the pox or a strange kind of ague I have been ensconced in front of the box for most of the week and have viewed the following for various different reasons, some plausible, some not. I may have been hallucinating through some of them due to a lack of nourishment that has left me looking decidedly like the granny-in-the-bath in The Shining. Some of the film titles/actors/plots may not be right or may not exist at all so don't be getting all pissy and pm'ing me unless it's to wish me a speedy recovery.

The Hobbit: more padding than a teenager's bra. Won't be bothering with 2 & 3, thanks very much.

Silverlinings Playbook: quite entertaining and Jenny Lawrence is quite tasty. Wasn't she a bit of jail-bait in some film or was she being nonced?  I possibly dreamt that bit. Could have done without DeNiro tbh as he is difficult to take seriously. It's like watching your Da trying to play five-a-side footy.

You Me And Dupree: another reason (if needed) to wish Owen Wilson a slow and lingering death. Matt Dillon is good. I watched this without my wife.

Salvation Boulevard: a true could-not-find-the-remote moment and one of the most horrendously bad films I've ever seen. Pierce Brosnan does his best but Greg Kinnear is in it so it was always destined to be a turkey. I have the feeling some people here may like this one

Storage 24: a Thing-like horror flick during which I dozed off so I may be doing it a great disservice but it was fucking gash.

Gone: bog-standard bird-kidnapped-serial-killer rubbish. The main actress has a face like a small dog in a cute kind of a way but you would find annoying after a few weeks and would have to eat your dinner in another room.

View To A Kill: thought I couldn't go wrong with a bit of vintage Bond, Chris Walken as the baddie etc but Roger Moore was in it and the scene where the two of them are horse-riding is hilarious. And I missed the end but I have a feeling Bond saved the world

Ghost-Ship: not one that Gabriel Byrne will be proud of, or even remember for that matter. Julia Margoolies is in it as the token eye-candy but she looks a bit manly. This was a DVD given to me by one of my mates as a cover for some bongo flicks and he also must have used it for racking up bugle as the disc was scratched to bits, so bad that the dishwasher couldn't save it so I'm not sure how this one panned out

My Bloody Valentine: horror from the early 80's, made for a tenner. Gave it 20 mins but no more. My time is precious.

The Ballad of Jack and Rosie: actually not bad, with Daniel Day Lewis as a bit of a mental hippy, so I'd say the role came to him easily enough.

Having You: Anna Friel starred along with a bloke who looks disturbingly like The Juice. However, the horny mojo has been sucked out of me by this wasting disease so I watched it from an aesthetic point of view rather than what it would be like to ride the hole of Ms Friel. Which was the whole point of watching the thing in the first fucking place.

The Constant Gardner: a redeemer, this one, or a suicide-stopper, as in it prevented me from drinking the contents of my car battery. I love Ralph Fiennes. I think you could be mates with him.

Josey Wales: the old reliable. Possibly the best film ever made.

???: with Kevin Costner as a gnarled old coast-guard thingy and a bloke that's famous from MTV and has an incredibly punchable face (narrows it down, I know) and I know he was shagging some top bird but got caught shagging some other top bird so that makes him an even bigger cunt cos he can and is. I don't know who it is and I didn't watch the rest of the film but I'll give it 8/10

Needless to say Sky Movies is getting the heave-ho next week.

TTFN,
The Phil.

Commendable effort....much appreciated

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

Watched Kill List last night, worth a watch (though the heavy cockney did go over my head at times)... creepy as fuck. Didn't really buy the ending though.

Very creepy indeed, with some fabulous violence which blew my mind. Kitchen scene? Fucking hell lad.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

I have 'A Serbian Film' in my midst. Going to have a wank first just in case.

seanc80 wrote:

The Place Beneath The Pines. The best film you will download illegally this weekend.

Beneath the pines?  Is that another one from the Elf garage?

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

La Nausee wrote:

lol.

If there were a service where ThePhil reviews movies before you waste your time, I'd subscribe to it.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

'A Serbian Film' 10/10 for having the balls to write the plot for this.

Has anyone finished this movie? I didnt.

millsy23 wrote:
seanc80 wrote:

The Place Beneath The Pines. The best film you will download illegally this weekend.

Beneath the pines?  Is that another one from the Elf garage?

Its a tricky one!

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

starcreeper wrote:

'A Serbian Film' 10/10 for having the balls to write the plot for this.

Has anyone finished this movie? I didnt.

I once sat through an entire episode of Fair City so this would be a piece of piss.

Star Trek - Into Darkness - 8/10 - thought it was much better than the first one and as a summer movie, it pissed on Iron Man 3 from a great height.