Topic: Holiday Destinations

As it's coming into Summer it got me thinking of travelling to far away places....what areas of the world are you yet to visit that have always been on your bucket list? For me....

Patagonia - For a combination of amazing scenery and excellent climbing

http://www.letstravelsomewhere.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/lets-travel-to-argentina-patagonia-torres-del-paine-with-jakub-polomski-2.jpg

Nepal - Friends have said how incredible the people are, also being near the top of the world would be cool

http://www.loyaltours.com/images/nepal/Ghandrung%20Village%20and%20Annapurna%20South,%20Nepal,%20Himalaya.jpg

The Serengeti - Always wanted to stay in one of those amazing treehouse hotels and go on a proper safari with a couple of locals instead on top of a jeep with a bunch of Japanese photographers wink

http://www.cntraveler.com/hotels/africa-middle-east/tanzania/lamai-serengeti-tanzania/_jcr_content/par/cn_contentwell/par-main/cn_colctrl/par-col1/cn_rotator/item4.size.lamai-serengeti-tanzania-1-102167.jpg

Last edited by liquitech1 (Monday May 2013 07:48:12)

Re: Holiday Destinations

Kavos

Would love to see the northern lights in Iceland at some point and definately a culinary tour of Vietnam is on the list too.

Reykjavik.....

http://www.nomad4ever.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/geothermal-plant-in-iceland.jpg

Peru/Japan/New Zealand

Japan for me too. The best of seafood to be had.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

starcreeper wrote:

Yeah, if you have a taste for endangered species. There's better produce pulled daily out of Padstow Bay and it's more sustainable too.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

I'm considering Edinburgh. Always wanted to visit and couple of Finnish friends living there got a room to spare apparently.

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
starcreeper wrote:

Yeah, if you have a taste for endangered species. There's better produce pulled daily out of Padstow Bay and it's more sustainable too.

Fugu?

starcreeper wrote:

Theres plenty of fish that can be eaten that arent on the endangered species list, flaresy. What fish were you thinking I'd like to eat?

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

Whale. For scientific purposes.

If you point out that whale is a mammal it really fucks up my post.

starcreeper wrote:

Theres plenty of fish that can be eaten that arent on the endangered species list, flaresy. What fish were you thinking I'd like to eat?

Well given how gung ho you are about everything else I figured you'd start with roasted sea horses wearing knitted Prussian blue waistcoats, followed by dolphin steaks in a pickled asparagus and sea urchin reduction, finishing with a killer whale mousse topped with pink sparklers and the sand-blasted jawbone of a great white shark.

Whale meat is lovely, Flaresy. You'd love it IMO.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Homegrove wrote:

I'm considering Edinburgh. Always wanted to visit and couple of Finnish friends living there got a room to spare apparently.

Currently there for work. Recommend the Chester Residence  for a night or two.

Manchester.

fadass wrote:

Manchester.

...it's a lot better than all of the tin pot/3rd world destinations listed above.

Edinburgh? You must be in need of a holiday.

Jack is back baby.....

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

Whale meat is lovely, Flaresy. You'd love it IMO.

It doesn't behoove you to be an absolute cunt Henry, don't start now.

Don't knock it until you've tried it mate.

Laughing Jack wrote:
fadass wrote:

Manchester.

...it's a lot better than all of the tin pot/3rd world destinations listed above.

Edinburgh? You must be in need of a holiday.

How in the blue hell is New Zealand a tin pot third world country? They didn't choose to film Lord of the Rings in Wythenshawe did they?

starcreeper wrote:

Well given how gung ho you are about everything else I figured you'd start with roasted sea horses wearing knitted Prussian blue waistcoats, followed by dolphin steaks in a pickled asparagus and sea urchin reduction, finishing with a killer whale mousse topped with pink sparklers and the sand-blasted jawbone of a great white shark.

Hannu, I'm certainly not a progressive obsessive. Can my title change to a '100% Gung Ho' please?

Nice poetic effort, Flaresy. I'd be down for some local Mackerel Sushi or some good quality Octopus. Nothing extravagant.

Anyone eating whale or shark is an absolute cunt and needs a good kick in the bollox.

If you feel that strongly about it, why have you got Japan down as your No 1 holiday destination?

Laughing Jack wrote:
fadass wrote:

Manchester.

Plus you can get to see a 6 hour set from the Loopmeister in a club surrounded by top class fanny.

And a nice single of chips from the emporium.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

If you feel that strongly about it, why have you got Japan down as your No 1 holiday destination?

I think he likes the cherry blossom

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

My love for Manga movies.

And Soapland. You filthy animal.