Re: Jolie's funbags

Unbroken1 wrote:
Pricer wrote:
mikemiller wrote:

Yeah of course, why didn't she think of that! She must be kicking herself now for not thinking of that. To think, all she had to do was eat red berries, increase her alkaline intake and drink the juice of fifty Soursop fruit a day, and she's be right as rain and wouldn't have had to go through the physical and mental trauma of a mastectomy, or be denied of her femininity, all to evade an 87% chance of contracting the single biggest premature killer of women globally.

You fucking idiot

My Mam had a mastectomy 12 years ago, but still has to get regular check-ups to see if there are any cancer cells. I imagine Jolie will still have to get regular check-ups for the rest of her life, so why preemptively remove your breasts? why not keep them, hope for the best and go for surgery if something shows. It's her choice, but the media calling her brave is pushing it. It's bizarre frankly.

...mine went through the same

You'll know then that there are many different forms, some significantly more aggressive and difficult to treat than others. Your mother and mine were lucky, despite screening it's often not found until too late, some women going from diagnosis to death in a matter of months.

It's a drastic route for sure, but the fact she's taken it for the sake of her family over cosmetic considerations is pretty refreshing for someone with her career/profile and suggests the exact opposite of someone whoring themselves to the media by performing some bizarre, unnecessary mutilation

For the record I don't think she's done this for the media attention. It's her choice and I'm sure she didn't make it likely.

I think my issue is more with the media itself - we have Sky News on all day in the work canteen and I'm finding it harder and harder to distinguish the news from an episode of Brass Eye. We live in strange times.

shaunstrudwick wrote:

I respect her decision but does it really need the media coverage it's getting?

Did the Boston bombings need the media coverage it got?

The media are shitbags, parasites, vultures etc, Shaun. You dont need me to tell you that. Most editors out there would prefer she contracted the disease and became gravely ill just so they could sell the double page spread on her life with the accompanying glossy magazine special on her career. See absolute cretins such as Piers Morgan et al for evidence of that.

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

Unbroken1 wrote:

But you kept yours, Damo. And very well they look too.

sabotini wrote:
Pricer wrote:

Removing your breasts because you might get breast cancer? Utter madness. Fair enough she is genetically pre-disposed, but why not look into preventative holistic therapies or dietary / lifestyle changes and get regular check-ups? If there's any sign, then get a mastectomy.

Expect a bunch of copy-cats saying they were inspired by Angelina.

Because preventative holistic therapies or dietary / lifestyle changes are the kind of whacked out bullshit Starcreeper etc believe in.

lol, you have me figured out, Sabo. *high five*

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

fadass wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:

But you kept yours, Damo. And very well they look too.

...haha, thanks, *juggles* all bought and paid for

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Motorboard?

mamsnet

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

fadass wrote:

Motorboard?

Is that the new OS for the phone Rhouses uses?

millsy23 wrote:

mamsnet

[x] Gen lol

Pricer wrote:

why not keep them, hope for the best

Great plan!

mikemiller wrote:

drink the juice of fifty Soursop fruit a day

Careful with that shit, it might smash cancer etc. but it also scars your brain and basically gives you Parkinsons disease. Not a good look.

bewbs