Topic: Someone made an 'EDM' movie...

...and it looks terrible

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/somebody … -edm-movie

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: Someone made an 'EDM' movie...

My god. That looks absolutely shit.

...it's like some media student wrote the screenplay after watching that episode of 'Faking It'

That article is pretty good

Bend It Like Beckham set in the shit nightclub from Hollyoaks

Turns out Beat Girl is a talented classical musician who's got a chance of a scholarship to the famous Juilliard music school in New York. Unfortunately, she has also fallen in love with DJing for Italian tourists with CDs at shit clubs. To beat-match or to Beethoven? It's Sophie's Choice reimagined by Byker Grove.

Deep down, she was always the girl who dreamed of playing filter heavy euro house at fashion shows with a man in a pork pie hat. It's a moment anyone who's ever seen Ferry Corsten play "Adagio For Strings" in a Baltic hockey stadium has dreamed of.

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Was Loopy consulted about this project?

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

Wasn’t there a yank film released a couple of years ago called DJ girl or something? Along the same lines as well iirc

Yep just looked, seems to me they’ve ripped it off the bastards

Last edited by Nick Sneddon (Tuesday May 2013 08:50:37)

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Whoever commissioned this needs hanging

Tv and movies don't get dance music, in Hollyoaks they had this DJ bird called Izzy, she djed on CDs when they were those crappy all in one units and the only tracks she played were Way out west Ajare and Faithless Salva mea

When it reaches Kitchener in 20 years time, this will feature heavily in loopys top edm film list.

Part of the problem

Contrary to popular opinion it seems, i actually think this looks quite good.  The lead character turns out to be a transvestite played by Damian Lazarus.  The score has been done by ivan smagghe, and is obviously ironic.

Last edited by monostereo (Tuesday May 2013 16:13:22)

College athletics is a term that refers to non professional, university level sports that requires a lot of physical prowess. A college athlete has to train thoroughly before participating in competition performances. College coaches constantly carry out sport recruitment to add to the list of athletes who are members of their institution. The process involves extending scholarships to athletes who are just about to graduate out of college.

starcreeper wrote:

Was Loopy consulted about this project?

If I had been, the setting is all wrong.

1.  No abandoned warehouse.
2.  Wrong time frame.  1988/89 this is not.
3.  No Thatcher in power to wield influence.

Dermo wrote:

When it reaches Kitchener in 20 years time, this will feature heavily in loopys top edm film list.

Half a million people here and we have the something called the Internet.  Amazing concept.  Your attempt at a wind up is void.

Half a million. Wow, that many.

Part of the problem

I'm sure they could have shoehorned at least one more cliche into that 2 minute clip.

MattBlack wrote:

Tv and movies don't get dance music, in Hollyoaks they had this DJ bird called Izzy, she djed on CDs when they were those crappy all in one units and the only tracks she played were Way out west Ajare and Faithless Salva mea

I hope it was this version Matt

Matt watches Hollyoaks.

Part of the problem

oh fucking hell that is dire

Wow! Just Wow!

Prog God

The Youtube-comments are gold again.

"Finally found something on Youtube I can't masturbate to."

The movie would be better received if she played nose bleed techno.

Actually, no it wouldnt.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

steelydan wrote:
MattBlack wrote:

I hope it was this version Matt

No, was the original