Re: The General Footy Thread

Straight out of a xmas cracker that gem.

Last edited by Big Fella (Saturday May 2013 10:28:10)

stylustrouble wrote:
Laughing Jack wrote:

Footballers already winding down from the season and up for a summer of being utter cunts.  As if the pig head in the locker at Stoke wasn't enough, Brighton calling the police in over a poo in the Crystal Palace dressing room.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp … m-poo.html

There was shock and surprise today when 11 players were found in the home dressing room at Carlisle United's Brunton Park ground yesterday.

"I've been looking for them all season", quoted United boss Greg Abbott this morning, "I didn't know they were here".

....don't give up the day job.

Jack is back baby.....

So, did that that Arsenal win not really mean anything today Flaresy, you knob-head?

Newcastle down 11 places in 1 season - So proud <wipes tear from eye>

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

a consistent 30 points off top spot - well in Rodgers

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

Grant wrote:

So, did that that Arsenal win not really mean anything today Flaresy, you knob-head?

You're an oily little tic aren't you Grant? Still dredging up arguments from a couple of weeks back - I can't even be arsed with anything that happened on this board yesterday.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Champions league here we come.

And delighted Spurs missed out.

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
Grant wrote:

You're an oily little tic aren't you Grant? Still dredging up arguments from a couple of weeks back - I can't even be arsed with anything that happened on this board yesterday.

It wasn't an argument, I'm simply dredging up a preposterous comment you made and continued to defend.

Wally wrote:

Newcastle down 11 places in 1 season - So proud <wipes tear from eye>

It'll be worse next year, Pardew is an absolute fucking shit-house of a manager.

90 days till the new season starts.

76 days.

Grant wrote:
Grant wrote:

It wasn't an argument, I'm simply dredging up a preposterous comment you made and continued to defend.

Seem to recall the argument was based around my loathing for United fans who are hardwired to blather on about winning trophies like nothing else matters, you know, like the simple enjoyment of the game win or lose? Even if Arsenal finished fifth today I still would have been proud of them for playing some brilliant football, scoring some fantastic goals and keeping me entertained all season long. You might want to write that down for the next time you're bored and feel like poking me with your limp little stick - save me the trouble of explaining it to you all over again.

smallman1 wrote:

This. Every season the know-nothings come out the woodwork and say Arsenal won't qualify for the Champions League blah blah blah. Every season they look like chumps, and every May I laugh like a drain at devastated Tottenham fans crying like lost children. Spurs are inconsequential, like a mosquito buzzing around the closed circle of European elite within which Arsenal are embedded. Van Persie has won the Golden Boot again, with a different club, but we didn't even need him this year and were only two points off matching last seasons placing, behind a team assembled at vast cost compared to ours. Haters gonna hate...

Grant wrote:

Seem to recall the argument was based around my loathing for United fans who are hardwired to blather on about winning trophies like nothing else matters, you know, like the simple enjoyment of the game win or lose? Even if Arsenal finished fifth today I still would have been proud of them for playing some brilliant football, scoring some fantastic goals and keeping me entertained all season long. You might want to write that down for the next time you're bored and feel like poking me with your limp little stick - save me the trouble of explaining it to you all over again.

You're a fucking clown. Go to bed, read Wuthering Heights again and give yourself a little hug before sucumbing to sleep and staggering through whatever tedium makes up your day tomorrow.

Can't wait to see Falcao and Cavani tearing things up on our behalf next season.

I've got nothing. Keep scrolling.

smallman1 wrote:

This. Every season the know-nothings come out the woodwork and say Arsenal won't qualify for the Champions League blah blah blah. Every season they look like chumps, and every May I laugh like a drain at devastated Tottenham fans crying like lost children. Spurs are inconsequential, like a mosquito buzzing around the closed circle of European elite within which Arsenal are embedded. Van Persie has won the Golden Boot again, with a different club, but we didn't even need him this year and were only two points off matching last seasons placing, behind a team assembled at vast cost compared to ours. Haters gonna hate...

True, but we're getting closer to you while you're getting no closer to winning the league

Grant wrote:
Grant wrote:

You're a fucking clown. Go to bed, read Wuthering Heights again and give yourself a little hug before sucumbing to sleep and staggering through whatever tedium makes up your day tomorrow.

We can keep this drivel up as long as you have a hard-on pal, but it's just keeping me away from sparking up another large one and having a blast on Ableton. As for tomorrow, the only tedious decision I need to make is, 'shall I go to the beach today, or not?'

That's rubbish, Hop Head would've been proud of that.

I was there at SAFs last game respext

Whats interesting about this season is that the gap between Liverpool in 7th and West Brom in 8th is 15 points and there are only 10 points separating 10th and 17th

Season report from the forum's only Villa fan...

On the whole I'm pretty happy with our campaign. It's pretty much as I expected; was going to be a struggle, especially with loads of young, fresh and inexperienced faces. But as long as we staved off relegation we could kick off from that. Obviously there were massive alarm bells in that period where we were leaking goals all over the shop but Lambert sorted that out and we finished the season on a good run with the team looking a hell of a lot better. The games have been so much better to watch than McLeish's dire brand of soul destroying football we had to endure last year. Even if the end result is sort of similar there is the general feeling they can build on that.. as opposed to a team that really had nowhere to go, playing some horrific football that just sucked the life out of you.

Benteke is a monster. Needs to sort out his positioning as he as caught offside a ridiculous amount of times. But 4th highest scorer after the likes of Van Persie, Suarez and Bale is nothing to be sniffed at. We'll get another year out of him at least. Hopefully they'll find a way to keep him longer.
Guzan's performances between the sticks have been nothing short of fantastic. It says a lot when you receive an 8-0 battering at the hands of Chelsea and he was still our best player. Bit of a low point, that one.

Promising for next season. Hopefully some more smart signings over the summer to give some depth to the squad (maybe some experience too) and we may in a good place.

Simon R has hacked your account Presto.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

At what point did I say we were going to win the league next year?

Rio Ferdinand tweeting about today, "a mad game! the boss would have wanted to go out like this instead of a boring 0-0!"

That's interesting, because he looked like he'd eaten a shit sandwich when the final whistle blew. It was down to Rio's comatose donkey-bollocks defending that Lukaku was able to head in an equaliser from about 6 inches away - oh, how things can change in a week. The hero who stepped up to win Fergie's final home game to the useless twonk who ruined his last one ever. Time for Ferdinand to fuck off and join Scholes on permanent vacation in my very humble opinion.

Last edited by flares_and_an_anorak (Sunday May 2013 15:16:12)