Re: The General Footy Thread

I thought Lindegaard should have claimed that ball myself. He was very poor today.

fadass wrote:

I thought Lindegaard should have claimed that ball myself. He was very poor today.

Agreed. I'm still baffled as to how they let them back in from 0-3 down, and then again at 2-5. United absolutely battered them up front but defended like turkeys. Arsenal second best defensive record in the division after City who, like us, have drawn too many games they should have won. World class striker and defensive midfielder required to even have a sniff of getting near to those two clubs next season...

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

You had. World class striker in robin

Did have a chuckle when Scholes got booked for his last "trademark" tackle.Walked away laughing.Great stuff.

I wonder where Bale's going to go?

Doubt if he will stay at a club that hasn't finished ahead of Arsenal since 1995.

JFT 39

No need to worry about Bale.

He cant have much ambition if he was to stay.

JFT 39

Dermo wrote:

He cant have much ambition if he was to stay and become another Stevie G.

Fixed

Jack is back baby.....

Laughing Jack wrote:
Dermo wrote:

He cant have much ambition if he was to stay and become another Stevie G.

Fixed

if Bale ever wins the European Cup with Spurs then the above might hold true

also Stevie is LFC through and through - Bale is was a product of Southampton academy

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

Oh Neville Neville...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma … r-22594328

looks like a paedo Peter Cook

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
fadass wrote:

Agreed. I'm still baffled as to how they let them back in from 0-3 down, and then again at 2-5. United absolutely battered them up front but defended like turkeys. Arsenal second best defensive record in the division after City who, like us, have drawn too many games they should have won. World class striker and defensive midfielder required to even have a sniff of getting near to those two clubs next season...

There are no 'world class strikers' available at the prices tightarse Wenger would be prepared to pay.

Lewandowski is going to Bayern apparently and Van Persie, Ibrahimovic et al won't be leaving their current employers any time soon.

Falcao, Cavani, Neymar, Suarez would all cost upward of 40 million.

So who's left?

草泥马

Grant Holt?

Agreed. I'm still baffled as to how they let them back in from 0-3 down, and then again at 2-5. United absolutely battered them up front but defended like turkeys.

They won the league a few weeks ago. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I wonder what the odds were on that game being a draw at the 80th minute when it was 2-5. Mental stuff.

Dermo won't be happy

http://www.weallloveleeds.co.uk/20/post … grave.html

Next High-Soul Society@Star of Bethnal Green http://www.starofbethnalgreen.com
April 11th > march's effort http://m.mixcloud.com/danieloliver72/march-2014/

Nice to read a completely unbiased view for a change.

JFT 39

Beijing Dave wrote:
fadass wrote:

There are no 'world class strikers' available at the prices tightarse Wenger would be prepared to pay.

Lewandowski is going to Bayern apparently and Van Persie, Ibrahimovic et al won't be leaving their current employers any time soon.

So who's left?

Arsenal sacrificed titles for building the Emirates, or are people still so fucking stupid they think the trophy drought which started when it opened is just a coincidence. Made me laugh Van Persie talking about ambition when the club has built one of the finest brand new sports facilities in Europe, and paid off the loan in the most financially responsible way imaginable.
But this is the modern world we're talking about, where everybody spends money they haven't got in order to compete with the next status-obsessed mug. Has it ever occurred to you that the £54 million City are reported to be paying for Falcao is absolutely fucking stupid? How about if monkey boy Bale goes for the same amount? I think Wenger is the only sane person left in football to be honest, and if his attitude to money makes him a 'tightarse' then everybody else needs to have a long look at themselves.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Of course its stupid but if you want to win the league, you have to spend money, Utd, City and Chelsea will all spend this summer and if Wenger doesnt then he will just get left behind

And the most unexpected news of all, Jose is leaving Real at the end of the season

Arsenal sacrificed titles for building the Emirates, or are people still so fucking stupid they think the trophy drought which started when it opened is just a coincidence. Made me laugh Van Persie talking about ambition when the club has built one of the finest brand new sports facilities in Europe, and paid off the loan in the most financially responsible way imaginable.
But this is the modern world we're talking about, where everybody spends money they haven't got in order to compete with the next status-obsessed mug. Has it ever occurred to you that the £54 million City are reported to be paying for Falcao is absolutely fucking stupid? How about if monkey boy Bale goes for the same amount? I think Wenger is the only sane person left in football to be honest, and if his attitude to money makes him a 'tightarse' then everybody else needs to have a long look at themselves.

Van Persie could see Arsenal were never going to win the Premiership in his playing career so better to go somewhere where he would. Thats obvious. Its better than the Arsenal ambition of trying to get into the top 4. Thats probably what he meant by that.

Man City, Chelsea, PSG, Anzi Mokochoclattayaya & now Monaco are going to fuck things up with those crazy transfer fees. On the other hand its a good time to get into the football agent business. Utd are going to go for Bale and it will only take 30 odd million and a player like Nani or Anderson. Job done.

Last edited by starcreeper (Monday May 2013 13:24:13)

"Ban them, ban them alllllllllllllllllllllll" - Homegrove (April-2014)

You couldn't give Anderson away.

I think Wenger is the only sane person left in football to be honest

Football's fucked then.

SimonR

Beijing Dave wrote:
fadass wrote:

So who's left?

Benteke would be a decent punt .. surely better than a Giroud.

SimonR