Topic: Copenhagen

Heading out there for 5 days work next week.Never been before so hoping to take in some apres work shenanigans but don't know what to expect.Sure the blokes in the kitchen will sort the chems but a bit worried about where we'll end.Anyone been? Only really know about Trentemoller and he's been pretty shit the last couple of years.Oh and the beers good.Thanx.

Re: Copenhagen

I've had reindeer steak there.

I've never been clubbing there but it's a good enough place for a booze-up: quality women, quality beer, quality food. Quite pricey though. And very spread out. Best get a bike.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

Big Fella wrote:

I've had reindeer steak there.

Actually going to a reindeer farm bizarrely enough.Apparently we'll tasting reinderr black pudding.First time for everything I suppose.But did you go out after your steak or was your nose to red?

chromosome_junction wrote:

I've never been clubbing there but it's a good enough place for a booze-up: quality women, quality beer, quality food. Quite pricey though. And very spread out. Best get a bike.

If it's anything like Amsterdam I'll leave the cycling to the locals.Any tips for the ale so I don't look a complete twat when it comes to my round.Impress the locals instead of rocking up asking for Carlsberg.

I think Copenhagen is home to some massive hippy place in the centre. Apparently you can easily get more than tie died kaftans.

Jack is back baby.....

Laughing Jack wrote:

I think Copenhagen is home to some massive hippy place in the centre. Apparently you can easily get more than tie died kaftans.

Afghan rugs?

stylustrouble wrote:
Laughing Jack wrote:

Afghan rugs?

Mate in the army got a couple of those from Helmand.You know the ones that fly smile

Moved here just over 2 weeks ago and it's a superb place to live and work. So far anyway. I guess that you're heading to Distortion? I can't make it because I've got to head back to Blighty next weekend for a wedding. Not that I would be joining you if I was going. No offence like. What are you needing to know other than the beer is good, the weather is usually sunny and the burds are not fat and ugly (unlike the UK obvs)?

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Tivoli is the hippy thing. Oh and the little mermaid is miles out if the centre and not worth the journey.

Christiania is the commune, if that's what you are referring to. Tivoli is the amusement park near central station.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

Christiania is the commune, if that's what you are referring to. Tivoli is the amusement park near central station.

Thanks Henry, that is the one.  My mate lives in Norway and says he has swung by there in the past for some happy stuff.  Apparently there are laws/rights that allow it all to go on, it kicks off sometimes with the boys in blue.

Jack is back baby.....

Hoping my hosts have got everything in place.It was more the music I was asking about as the bloke I'm going with only listens to heavy metal shit.If we end up in Slayers bar at least I can do a runner and go somewhere else.Roskilde looks nice if we get a spare day.Doing quite a bit of driving but really looking forward to spending a few days foraging in the undergrowth.Will check the clubs out.Are the rozzers pretty laid back out there?

So you don't know anything about Distortion?

http://www.cphdistortion.dk/

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

So you don't know anything about Distortion?

http://www.cphdistortion.dk/

Know now.Cheers

Like the sound of Dj Love dog from hell and Sunnybeach Happyslap Mardigras.

This might help....http://www.ratebeer.com/country/denmark/58/

I've only had the Geek Breakfast, which was amazing..if that's your sort of thing.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.