Topic: Ushuaia Tower

Their door policy is apparently:

"Free entry - strict door selection - dress up"

WTF? Sounds like Renaissance in the late 90's....

Re: Ushuaia Tower

I always have my white suit pressed & ready to go for occasions like this.

Studio 54?

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Can't see them being that fussy, the more people in, the more people spending 10e on a beer.

I would have thought free passes will be given out on PDB beach.

Just found this interview about the tower :

Cool. Then let's speak a bit about the Ushuaïa Tower now. When did you hatch the plan for the tower? And was it a difficult or easy road to put that plan in action?

"The idea had been around for a while and was also part of the plans of the Matutes Group. At the very beginning, still at the old Ushuaïa when it was just a beach club, we used to look up to the tower and think "man, imagine if we could do something on the rooftop there." Last year, Ushuaïa had such a fantastic summer and the hotel occupancy was always very high, so we felt it was the right moment to expand and get a bit closer to the idea of that amusement park for adults I mentioned earlier. So from this year onwards, we offer more and we offer things on different levels, too. The Tower will be more of a VIP concept where we have an oyster bar, a Montauk Steakhouse as well as a Champagne and Caviar bar, all offering high-end service and quality.

I'm sure you've seen the plan of excellency of the Matutes Group. You can clearly see they want to improve Playa d'en Bossa, promote the island in general and bring more people to Ibiza. And if we can make the Ibiza season a little longer, then everybody will win.

We've just soft-opened the Tower and the proper opening will be on the 23rd of May. The first party at the Ushuaïa Tower will happen on the 5th of June."

Speaking about parties, basically the parties at the Ushuaïa Tower are happening around the pool and next to the beach. I've also heard it's free entry, but there must be some catch with that...?

"This is correct, it's going to be free entry, which means you can't buy any tickets for the events happening at the Tower, but there will be a very selective door. It is a VIP space and if you want to get in, you'll definitely need to dress cool. Our aim is to have a great crowd that fits the place."

Last edited by No saint but a sinner (Wednesday Jun 2013 11:13:49)

Ibiza is a fucking money pit which goes against everything coolness stands for. Glad I've never been sucked in by the hype - many more hip places around the world to hang out than there.

Yeh Eastbourne is great.

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Glad I've never been sucked in by the hype - many more hip places around the world to hang out than there.

By around the world I hope you mean England and theres no travelling involved. Travelling is for cunts right?

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

Big Fella wrote:

Yeh Eastbourne is great.

lol

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Ibiza is a fucking money pit which goes against everything coolness stands for. Glad I've never been sucked in by the hype - many more hip places around the world to hang out than there.

It depends if you are someone who wants to look hip, or someone who wants to go and have great bangers, great clubs and the fittest women you will see anywhere. Plus it is only 2 hrs away.

Jack is back baby.....

DC10 aside, Ibiza epitomises everything I detest about dance music.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Laughing Jack wrote:

fittest women you will see anywhere

lol I take it you've never been to LA

seanc80 wrote:

DC10 aside, Ibiza epitomises everything I detest about dance music.

Thank you Sean!! Been saying that for 15 years but been sneered at the whole time. If that crowd at the Space opening for Sasha is anything to go by it's a fucking wash. Posers.

starcreeper wrote:

Travelling is for cunts right?

No, tourism is for cunts. The pinnacle of cool is emigration, which hopefully most of you mithering faggits will consider before the end of the week. Siberia's nice this time of year.

Big Fella wrote:

Yeh Eastbourne is great.

How's Manchester again? Oh yeah, I remember, a fucking toilet.

Last edited by flares_and_an_anorak (Wednesday Jun 2013 14:46:31)

70 euro into space i paid at midnight to be jammed in like sardines and 14 euro for a vodka coke, the outdoor stage played big room tunes from the past 10 years absolute joke, saw groove armada and tong on the terrace was ok but couldn’t move an inch having to let traffic through every few seconds really isnt what id call a good night out.  Had a much better time in sankeys for flying circus carl craig and co but to be honest the place is abit of a dump so cheap and tacky even the lighting and visuals are enchant.

Spain is fkd yet this doesn’t effect ibiza one bit if anything the island has become even more popular and commercialized, the place has lost its magic for me years ago so im done with it for good now!

DuFunk wrote:

Had a much better time in sankeys for flying circus carl craig and co but to be honest the place is abit of a dump so cheap and tacky even the lighting and visuals are enchant.

Think you mean ancient Funky.

I think people are being a bit unfair, when you get a vodka and coke you get a good measure, not a uk optic measure that's for sure. lol

DuFunk wrote:

70 euro into space i paid at midnight to be jammed in like sardines and 14 euro for a vodka coke, the outdoor stage played big room tunes from the past 10 years absolute joke, saw groove armada and tong on the terrace was ok but couldn’t move an inch having to let traffic through every few seconds really isnt what id call a good night out.  Had a much better time in sankeys for flying circus carl craig and co but to be honest the place is abit of a dump so cheap and tacky even the lighting and visuals are enchant.

Spain is fkd yet this doesn’t effect ibiza one bit if anything the island has become even more popular and commercialized, the place has lost its magic for me years ago so im done with it for good now!

big_smile

and the drugs are shit

Nought wrong with the Persians providing you avoid the arse-clowns on the street in my experience.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Won't be going back anyway - overpriced hole.

The atmosphere is awful in some of these clubs not helped by all the foreign posers that invade these places bunch of big girls blouses i no ibiza was always abit gay friendly but its gone to the next level now! An up for it british/irish crowd can not be beat.

The Oirish are all ginger, blotchy and pink. Not a nice sight when you you're Travolta pants on.

Nice to see Big Fella adopting the Spanish tongue for the purposes of the thread.

Last edited by seanc80 (Thursday Jun 2013 04:13:19)

Maybe down south BF!  Trust me if you were at digweed in derry last month you would of experienced a true travolta, proper knowledgable club freaks truely going for it instead of these spanish wannabe's.

ouch