Re: Disclosure - Settle

Phil Opian wrote:

Does she think you are a little prick too?

Phil Opian, you are good.

Very good.

Hats off chief.

Re: Disclosure - Settle

smallman1 wrote:

Jessie Ware lives about 800 yards from me.

Tru fax and a mahoosive KLANG to boot.

Next time you're peeping through her front window, tell her her album is fantastic.

Try not to throw the kitchen sink at her though.

Last edited by loopdokter (Tuesday Jun 2013 00:56:52)

Re: Disclosure - Settle

http://www.factmag.com/2013/06/11/discl … t-wembley/

More evidence of them being talentless shysters.

Re: Disclosure - Settle

sabotini wrote:

http://www.factmag.com/2013/06/11/discl … t-wembley/

More evidence of them being talentless shysters.

don't really get your beef with them tbh

seem like good guys whenever i see/hear them on tv/radio

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

Re: Disclosure - Settle

That Eliza Doolittle track really does sound like it was released in 1998

Re: Disclosure - Settle

And you sound like you are stuck in 1992 all the time. Its supposed to sound like 1998 Matt you fucking loser.

Couple of young lads who are smashing it. Fair play to them

Sabotini is just a bitter old prog hound cunt with nothing better to do than knock people who are doing better than he is

Re: Disclosure - Settle

ExTractorFan wrote:

And you sound like you are stuck in 1992 all the time. Its supposed to sound like 1998 Matt you fucking loser.

Couple of young lads who are smashing it. Fair play to them

Sabotini is just a bitter old prog hound cunt with nothing better to do than knock people who are doing better than he is

Thanks for that though I always think of myself as more if a 94/95 man

Re: Disclosure - Settle

...downloaded this to listen to in the sunshine over the weekend after Sneds was bigging it up on FB as a Summer-smash

Have to say I quite like it. Describing it as an album of '98'ish skippy 2-step beats shows you haven't given it a proper listen IMO, there are a couple of tracks bearing resemblance to those sort of rhythms, but I think it has much more in common with straight/deep house than that.

It has vocals, which is always going to turn-off some (ie. the prog lot), but also some great grooves and textures, I could see something like 'F For You' being massive at the festivals/Ibiza

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: Disclosure - Settle

Unbroken1 wrote:

...downloaded this to listen to in the sunshine over the weekend after Sneds was bigging it up on FB as a Summer-smash

Have to say I quite like it. Describing it as an album of '98'ish skippy 2-step beats shows you haven't given it a proper listen IMO, there are a couple of tracks bearing resemblance to those sort of rhythms, but I think it has much more in common with straight/deep house than that.

It has vocals, which is always going to turn-off some (ie. the prog lot), but also some great grooves and textures, I could see something like 'F For You' being massive at the festivals/Ibiza

This is worth an airing when the sun is out:

I've been aware of who they are for a little while due to my interest in a lot of that bass-y/UK garage sound that seems to be making a resurgence out of London, but have obviously become more familiar with them as the hype has built up around the album.  I quite enjoy their stuff.  Their sound smashes 'EDM' to bits.

Re: Disclosure - Settle

The do look like a right couple of cunts.  I'm swerving it for that reason alone.

Re: Disclosure - Settle

...one of them is on a promo pool I'm on. His feedback is hilarious, he doesn't like ANYTHING

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: Disclosure - Settle

Unbroken1 wrote:

he doesn't like ANYTHING

He should post on here.

Re: Disclosure - Settle

sounds like me

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Re: Disclosure - Settle

And Me

Next High-Soul Society@Star of Bethnal Green http://www.starofbethnalgreen.com
April 11th > march's effort http://m.mixcloud.com/danieloliver72/march-2014/

Re: Disclosure - Settle

fadass wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:

he doesn't like ANYTHING

He should post on here.

...hah, my thoughts exactly

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: Disclosure - Settle

Sounds a bit like me as well.

Re: Disclosure - Settle

Im just thankful that these chaps are knocking out well produced, accessible London house music as opposed to the ketashit that has been coming out of idiots bedrooms for the past god knows how long, compared to that its like a breath of fresh air

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Re: Disclosure - Settle

ExTractorFan wrote:

Sabotini is just a bitter old prog hound cunt with nothing better to do than knock people who are doing better than he is

It's not my fault I have considerably better, forward thinking (but with a delicious nod to the past) taste in music than 95% here. I just wish some of you lot would try a bit more.

Re: Disclosure - Settle

sabotini wrote:
ExTractorFan wrote:

Sabotini is just a bitter old prog hound cunt with nothing better to do than knock people who are doing better than he is

It's not my fault I have considerably better, forward thinking (but with a delicious nod to the past) taste in music than 95% here. I just wish some of you lot would try a bit more.

What stuff do you recommend Sab?

Next High-Soul Society@Star of Bethnal Green http://www.starofbethnalgreen.com
April 11th > march's effort http://m.mixcloud.com/danieloliver72/march-2014/

Re: Disclosure - Settle

sabotini wrote:
ExTractorFan wrote:

Sabotini is just a bitter old prog hound cunt with nothing better to do than knock people who are doing better than he is

It's not my fault I have considerably better, forward thinking (but with a delicious nod to the past) taste in music than 95% here. I just wish some of you lot would try a bit more.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing004.gif

Re: Disclosure - Settle

Currently listening to the best of Men at Work.

Re: Disclosure - Settle

Overkill....

Like it

Next High-Soul Society@Star of Bethnal Green http://www.starofbethnalgreen.com
April 11th > march's effort http://m.mixcloud.com/danieloliver72/march-2014/

Re: Disclosure - Settle

White noise is a complete rip of a track from 90-91 but fucked if i can remember it.

The album (from the samples ive heard) sounds very samey. Wont take long before it is a tired formula.

JFT 39

Re: Disclosure - Settle

Unbroken1 wrote:

...downloaded this to listen to in the sunshine over the weekend after Sneds was bigging it up on FB as a Summer-smash

Have to say I quite like it. Describing it as an album of '98'ish skippy 2-step beats shows you haven't given it a proper listen IMO, there are a couple of tracks bearing resemblance to those sort of rhythms, but I think it has much more in common with straight/deep house than that.

It has vocals, which is always going to turn-off some (ie. the prog lot), but also some great grooves and textures, I could see something like 'F For You' being massive at the festivals/Ibiza

One track the Eliza Doolittle track has that old 2 step skippy beat and quite a few have that old school garage feel to them, overall its not a bad album, just most of the tracks sound a bit samey.

Anyone heard that Kaskade single yet, its actually not bad, I want to hate it but just cant

Re: Disclosure - Settle

...that track is probably the most blatantly in that style, but there are only three, maybe four tracks that have have the typical two-step, (kick-every-other-beat/alternating snare) shuffle, out of an album of 17 tracks I'd argue that's not really the overriding sound, more a sparser, stripped-down house style.

It has lots of vocals and is definitely commercial-sounding in parts, and as such will inevitably divide 'serious' dance music folk, but it has more than a few good hooks and by the standards of most commercial house albums is decent IMO

soundcloud.com/unbroken1