Re: Pierre's Book Corner

Henry loves the aul' hash as well obviously.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Looks like you have found a partner in crime Mr Flares. Maybe you could share a bong together. Listen to some Pink Floyd.

seanc80 wrote:

Sean. I'll let you off with that one.  Keep taking the meds lad.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Phil Opian wrote:

Looks like you have found a partner in crime Mr Flares. Maybe you could share a bong together. Listen to some Pink Floyd.

I don't need no partner, and I don't need no help. Besides, he thinks I'm a cunt. Have you got a problem with Pink Floyd? They'll be remembered long after you've faded into obscurity, which will likely be about 10 minutes after the end of your funeral when the three attendees find a pub.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

Shut it Flaresy. You cunt

You can call me a cunt, I can call you your mothers cunt. I win. Anybody reading any decent books at the moment?

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Anybody reading any decent books at the moment?

yep... Terry Pratchett - Colour of Magic

Excellent book by an excellent writer. One of the literary world's great imaginations, although I have found some of the fanboyism to be a little extreme. Spotty twenty-somethings called Alison with pink hair who talk a hundred miles an hour and like motorbikes....

Last edited by flares_and_an_anorak (Friday Jun 2013 13:27:32)

I've read every one of the Discworld series a few times over the last 25 years since i first read one of his books. He has a remarkable ability to both tell a story and paint a vivid picture. It's sad this is being destroyed by alzheimers. 

there's a huge geek element out there, but as a means of escape his works are exemplary

What are your favourite Dungeons & Dragons characters fellas?

Phil Opian wrote:

Just because you arent stoned 24/7 it doesn't mean you arent acting like someone who is. You are a textbook pot smoker in my opinion. Paranoid, delusional etc etc.

And exactly what is a 'textbook pot smoker'? Is Snoop Dogg textbook with his daily intake, millions of dollars and worldwide fame? How about long-time advocate of the weed Woody Harrelson - what a loser he is eh? Maybe people like that get a pass in your world because they're deemed successful and you save your sneering for the ordinary folk, those awful mediocre types you look down your nose at over dinner with your righto chums. I'm curious as to what makes me paranoid. The way you're spinning it I'm one of those crazies who believe that shadowy organisations are tapping our phone calls and emails. Oh wait...

Lets address the 'delusion' shall we? Exactly what am I deluding myself that I am? A millionaire? A towering figure in the music industry? The guiding light for a lost generation who hang on my every word in this forum? Pull your head out of your arse you colossal penii...I'm just a simple - but highly intelligent - bloke who likes a bit of wine and music on the weekend and the occasional reg on here. Justification over. Now go and kill yourself.

Phil's wifey probably doesn't let him smoke anymore so he's bitter

This is worth a gander.

http://surgeimg.s3.amazonaws.com/1362655692big.jpg

starcreeper wrote:

This is worth a gander.

http://surgeimg.s3.amazonaws.com/1362655692big.jpg

Have read a few exerpts on footballunlimited. Who is it? A footballer with some degree of intelligence and humility. Which narrows it down to about two per cent of all modern footballers.
Or maybe it's Ashley Cole.

La Nausee wrote:

Have read a few exerpts on footballunlimited. Who is it? A footballer with some degree of intelligence and humility. Which narrows it down to about two per cent of all modern footballers.

No idea. Ive narrowed it down to Ruel Fox or Alexie Lalas.

starcreeper wrote:
La Nausee wrote:

No idea. Ive narrowed it down to Ruel Fox or Alexie Lalas.

It's not like Lalas' earlier, more existential works, pondering on the vicissitudes of the decadent lifestyle of the modern dandy, a la Balzac's first forays into the literary world.
But you could you be right about Fox.

Grant wrote:

Trolls.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:
seanc80 wrote:

Sean. I'll let you off with that one.  Keep taking the meds lad.

Im blessed so lol

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Come to think of it, I saw Andy Carroll at last year's Bloomsday celebrations, wearing a rather fetching boater hat and noshing the cock off David Norris in the jacks of Davy Byrnes.

Grant wrote:

Trolls.

gen lol

La Nausee wrote:

Come to think of it, I saw Andy Carroll at last year's Bloomsday celebrations, wearing a rather fetching boater hat and noshing the cock off David Norris in the jacks of Davy Byrnes.

Sure that wasn't Wayne Carroll??

Fella I know at The Guardian reckons Kevin Davies is the secret footballer

Can see that as it goes

Grant wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me, it will be someone bitter and he's never got over being too shit to play for England.

Part of the problem

La Nausee wrote:
La Nausee wrote:

He's considered one of the great American novelists....

Up there with Faulkner, Hemingway or Fitzgerald? You're having a giraffe mate...

Not necessarily my opinion chief. I should have said modern American novelists.....like DeLillo or Updike...

I thought I had bitten off more than I could chew with 800+ pages of Underworld but I'm half way through and really enjoying it.  Outstanding writing.

As a landlord one will always be expected to manage numerous properties ranging from homes, apartments and office spaces. Whether one is a realtor a property manager or a property owner the challenges involved in keeping up with the numerous minute details of such a job can be quite daunting. However in recent years in a bid to address this problem and create sustainable solutions for landlords, experts in the software industry have been producing handy efficient and creatively designed packages that have proved quite indispensable. For the first time ever landlords can use highly modernized tool that will keep all the records and manage tenants easily and efficiently without having to pay too dearly for it.

Dermo wrote:
Grant wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me, it will be someone bitter and he's never got over being too shit to play for England.

Apparently it's Dave Kitson and one other footballer.