Topic: Madrid - insider tips? (plus Cheshire apparently)

Flying out on weekend of 28th June as everyone I seem to know is going to Glasto and I couldn't be fucked to be stuck at home, waiting for their 'best time of my life' stories

Seeing as this board is overflowing with the well travelled, erudite people of the world (see Book thread) I'm naively/stupidly reaching out for any decent tips from those that have been

Recommendations in terms of quality bars/restaurants/clubs much appreciated

Club wise nothing springs out on Resident Advisor unfortunately (Fabrik has Sven Vath next weekend but Axwell the weekend I'm there!)

Last edited by wrongun (Tuesday Jun 2013 08:46:13)

Guess who's back .......... 'Odgy's back

Re: Madrid - insider tips? (plus Cheshire apparently)

We found that the more drinks you bought, the better the quality of tapas you got. Don't make any plans for booking restaurants as you will be full from all the tapas you get during the day, plus they were well pricey. I will get the name of the area we stayed from the missus but it was central and well handy. You can walk round the interesting bits of Madrid, unless you are a proper lazy cunt as it is quite compact. Irish bar for sport, no fruit or veg anywhere to be seen, nice friendly people, not much not to like.

.....if your missus is anything like my wife keep her off the red wine. #angryjuice

Jack is back baby.....

Avoid public transport and hire a Vespa. Apart from being a quick way to get around town there's so many about that motorists know the score - none of the selfish take-your-life-in-your-hands crap you get served up on English roads. Also, check out the Jardin de Serrano, if only for the best window shopping in the world.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Rock a General Franco t-shirt to get maximun respect from the locals.

Have heard its one of those places where hardly anybody speaks English. Avoid.

Last edited by Big Fella (Sunday Jun 2013 09:54:47)

Whole of fucking Spain is like that away from Britville. It's also fucking
freezing in winter.

Part of the problem

smallman1 wrote:

any chance you could use your connections to get wrongun some time with Jose?

Mondo at Stella is a decent club and has some good bills.

http://www.web-mondo.com

SimonR

roberto wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

any chance you could use your connections to get wrongun some time with Jose?

Wrongun's going to Madrid not London chief.

TIP! By creating and defining the parameters of a search engine you can tailor the search engine to function best to meet your needs. The key is to be precise about the terms used in order to get the best possible position 5linx vs can in terms of rankings. Find out what the company’s experience is in your field, their SEO techniques, how long it will take before you see results and of course how much they charge. Ask for references and examples of their work. Any company would be happy to comply with your request.

Fuck me one sniff of the word tip and 5linx is in like Flynn.  Faster than SimonR with a Digweed set without a tracklisting.

Part of the problem

Laughing Jack wrote:

We found that the more drinks you bought, the better the quality of tapas you got. Don't make any plans for booking restaurants as you will be full from all the tapas you get during the day, plus they were well pricey. I will get the name of the area we stayed from the missus but it was central and well handy. You can walk round the interesting bits of Madrid, unless you are a proper lazy cunt as it is quite compact. Irish bar for sport, no fruit or veg anywhere to be seen, nice friendly people, not much not to like.

.....if your missus is anything like my wife keep her off the red wine. #angryjuice

To be fair to said missus LJ, before you met her you had hardly travelled more than two stops North/South from Prestwich on the Metro.

Is LJ pubic?

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Is LJ pubic?

No he is best buddies with Pube though.

What was his previous on here?

Part of the problem

Big Fella wrote:
Dermo wrote:

Is LJ pubic?

lol - he wishes.

Jack is back baby.....

Spreadsheet now reflects LJ is in bed with Pubic. Previous username would tie things up.

Part of the problem

Big Fella wrote:
Laughing Jack wrote:

To be fair to said missus LJ, before you met her you had hardly travelled more than two stops North/South from Prestwich on the Metro.

...too right, my horizons have been broadened and I am all the better for it. Still not down with holidays in 3rd world countries or Australia though.

Jack is back baby.....

Laughing Jack wrote:
Big Fella wrote:
Laughing Jack wrote:

...too right, my horizons have been broadened and I am all the better for it. Still not down with holidays in 3rd world countries or Australia though.

cough cough North Africa.

Dermo wrote:

Spreadsheet now reflects LJ is in bed with Pubic. Previous username would tie things up.

Oh no looks like I have been rumbled, I used to post as The Governer in a previous life. That previous life  also involved Sunday dinners, holidays and great night's out with the Big Fella and his missus. One day we were all given 2 fingers in the inbox and that was that.

Jack is back baby.....

Oh yes..... lol.

Big Fella wrote:
Laughing Jack wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

cough cough North Africa.

....never been back there since, she has and came home with dysentery, which on reflection served her right for going back again.

Jack is back baby.....

Laughing Jack wrote:
Big Fella wrote:
Dermo wrote:

Is LJ pubic?

lol - he wishes.

You not joined Pubey's exclusive Cheshire Bicycle Gang?

........ and possibly back to Madrid?!?

Guess who's back .......... 'Odgy's back

Its good to see this thread has brought the Cheshire faithful together. All we need is pube to join us.

Part of the problem