Re: Controllers advice

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/18/Fat_Controller_TTTE_1.jpg

I've not looked at all the links in this thread but if I was buying again for home I'd get the Novation Scratch controller... No jogdials but you'll work out you don't use them really unless you want to throw down some beat-downs.

Comes with Serato Itch, soon to be freely upgraded to Serato DJ. Reasonable price (£300 iirc). And great fun for cutting and splicing and looping should you want to go that way (you might well do because coming from decks you'll find yourself standing there picking your nose wondering what to do.) This also operates as a mixer for the deck/decks.

millsy23 wrote:

Z2 looks good, especially with the analogue integration so I can dust off the ones and twos once in a while.

..lots of deals on at the moment (which again would suggest a new version coming) but it is a really nice bit of kit if you want to run it as a conventional mixer with tt's. The short-throw faders put me off when I saw one in the flesh though.. very hip hop/scratch oriented.

Dermo wrote:

Somewhere on the NI site it says they are developing for 4 channels.

..really hoping this is the case. A 4-channel one of these and 2x X1's would be perfect for me.

If they bring out another modular 'bit' with jog-wheel control, they really will have all bases covered, massively flexible setup.

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Damo, I love it when you talk technical.

I wish I knew how to quit you.

...a simple cmd/Q is all it takes Tom.

Saying you want to do it is one thing... following through is quite another, (although your lumpen, reeking Dickies cargo shorts suggest otherwise)

x

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Unbroken1 wrote:

...a simple cmd/Q is all it takes Tom.

** Swoon **

I have a Traktor Kontrol S2 and really like it. I use my ipad and touch osc from time to time to kontrol the 3rd and 4th decks, but really the S2 is all I need. You really have control of everything in 1 piece. It's nice having the jog wheels if I want to mix without sync

I've got a Vestax VCI-100 and a NI Audio 4 soundcard. Works a treat, and feels very much like mucking around on a set of decks.

fadass wrote:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/18/Fat_Controller_TTTE_1.jpg

BF getting ready for tonight's frying session......

Unbroken1 wrote:

The short-throw faders put me off when I saw one in the flesh though.. very hip hop/scratch oriented.

That's what I hate about the NI controllers. They seem like perfectly fine quality and well layed out controllers, but the faders are so fucking short. And the EQ pots are so fucking thin. They can take a page from the A&H mixers next time. They nailed the they whole DJ mixer ergonomics if you ask me. Everybody has his own preference ofcourse.

dubstar wrote:

I have a Traktor Kontrol S2 and really like it. I use my ipad and touch osc from time to time to kontrol the 3rd and 4th decks, but really the S2 is all I need. You really have control of everything in 1 piece. It's nice having the jog wheels if I want to mix without sync

Just out of interest. Is there anything glaringly annoying/missing about the S2 that its lacking? A friend of mine is seriously considering one.

"You would, you fat greasy chip eating cunt". Creepy March 2014

I'm definitely leaning towards the s2.  Looks  like it ticks all the boxes and can be picked up for £250 on ebay. Win.  Anyone want an a&h 32?  Just £250.

c300 dance music CDs in his collection (Dec 2013)

Think you'll be lucky with 250 millsy. They are 400 new.

Last edited by Dermo (Thursday Jun 2013 07:26:05)

millsy23 wrote:

I'm definitely leaning towards the s2.  Looks  like it ticks all the boxes and can be picked up for £250 on ebay. Win.  Anyone want an a&h 32?  Just £250.

250 for an s2 is pretty good, you still need a mixer with that though don't you?

why?

I have the S2 but would like to get away from traktor and laptops in general... anyone can recommend the cdj's 800 mk2? or better the 850's? They are both quite cheap on the used market at the moment.

Why?

why not? it's easier to bring Cd's or a memory stick than risking your laptop beeing destroyed or stolen or whatever

Just burn cd's when playing out. That's what I do

Last edited by seanc80 (Thursday Jun 2013 07:43:20)

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Burning CDs is a ballache and not all clubs are equiped with cdj 2000's so flashdrives are not always useable

seanc80 wrote:

Just burn cd's when playing out. That's what I do

So you have full digital at home then take cd's out to play???? Whats the point in that then?

Last edited by Dermo (Thursday Jun 2013 07:54:53)

I changed my set-up to a controller and havent brought it out aside from a few radio gigs, I am getting some x1s soon though

Last edited by seanc80 (Thursday Jun 2013 07:59:33)

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Righteo. cannot see Mr kovys thinking at all. Why dj at all if you are worried about having your laptop stolen?

is kovys Danny Dyer's  'fluffer' DJ?

c300 dance music CDs in his collection (Dec 2013)

Aye that's a tad mental lol