Re: Controllers advice

Just out of interest being a bit of a gimp and all what's set-up is diggers using as opposed to sasha nowadays?
I was asked today and wasn't sure.  I assumed they were both using time coded cd's with pro on 2000s and a controller like the x1.

Part of the problem

pop over and ask your mates on MS Derms.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

LOL i don't need to know what he drinks and has on his bagels.

Part of the problem

Digweed just uses cd's doesnt he?

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Surely he's moved to usb by now ?

Part of the problem

Have you seen his barnet? This is not a man with his finger on the pulse.

Who seanC ?

Part of the problem

textbook

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Do like the look of the S2 though I have to say

Dermo wrote:

Just out of interest being a bit of a gimp and all what's set-up is diggers using as opposed to sasha nowadays?
I was asked today and wasn't sure.  I assumed they were both using time coded cd's with pro on 2000s and a controller like the x1.

Sasha uses Traktor with the CDJs in HID mode...Think John uses an SD card.

Dermo wrote:
dubstar wrote:

I have a Traktor Kontrol S2 and really like it. I use my ipad and touch osc from time to time to kontrol the 3rd and 4th decks, but really the S2 is all I need. You really have control of everything in 1 piece. It's nice having the jog wheels if I want to mix without sync

Just out of interest. Is there anything glaringly annoying/missing about the S2 that its lacking? A friend of mine is seriously considering one.

Yea the 1 thing that stands out right away is the lack of filter knob. You can use the gain knob for it and it works fine. The problem is that the gain knobs are endless encoders so it has clicks and you can hear it sometimes in the filter if you are moving it slowly. That wouldn't be a deal breaker for me though.

NI just lowered the price of the S4 today(in the US at least) so that might be worth checking out

liquitech1 wrote:
Dermo wrote:

Sasha uses Traktor with the CDJs in HID mode...Think John uses an SD card.

Diggers keeping it real haha oldskool.  So how is Sasha controlling traktor? HID only replaces timecode.

Part of the problem

dubstar wrote:

NI just lowered the price of the S4 today(in the US at least) so that might be worth checking out

Mad that they've dropped it to $20/$30 more than the s2. Makes no sense to buy an s2 at all now. So what is going down i wonder?? Surely they have to drop the s2 dramatically now or people wont buy it and they will be stuck with 1000s of them.

I like the way Pioneer are trying to get people off laptops and NI are trying to get them on. There's not really a proper medium of the two yet.

Last edited by Dermo (Thursday Jun 2013 18:16:28)

Part of the problem

I think MKII's are around the corner on the S2 and S4. I'm actually trying to sell my S2 right now, and hold the money for a while and put towards the new S2(assuming there is one), or grab the good deal on the S4.

The S4 deal runs out August. With any luck i suppose most people will be holding out to see what's happening with the S2.

Part of the problem

What's all this price drop,   new version S2 bollix?  Putting the cat right amongst the  pigeons  for me this is.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Spend it on your family instead, Millsy.

millsy23 wrote:

What's all this price drop,   new version S2 bollix?  Putting the cat right amongst the  pigeons  for me this is.

Yep it certainly fucks things up. You've got two options - wait for the S2 to drop which it must do or spend 20 quid more than you were going to and get the s4. No point in you waiting if you only want basic shit.

Part of the problem

Big Fella wrote:

Spend it on your family instead, Millsy.

They get enough bf.  I'm a fantastic provider,  teacher and role model.  But even great fathers and husbands need a little downtime from being so great.  It's quite the burden.

------------

Millsy, some advice for you here:

Nice equipment. She needs a dick in her eye.

Part of the problem

Been doing a lot of reading up on controllers for my mate. Cant believe they left booth out and record out off the S4. Proper school boy error for a so called Pro controller. Did people come up with a work round?

Next I think it will be an S4 mk2 with a built in F1 and a Z1/Z2 of some sorts.
Looking a bit like this and maybe one wheel at the other end. If they did that they would corner the market completely but impact their modular sales.

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/kontrol-z2-stands-520x277.png

Or maybe a new Z2 with a built in F1 & X1.

I really hope they make a single modular wheel unit. I only want one to play with. Still feel like i'm missing something.

edit* just found this - http://www.passionatedj.com/ni-continue … 4-now-599/

Last edited by Dermo (Sunday Jun 2013 23:25:56)

Part of the problem

Check this out. In blighty you are getting offered the S4 on the NI site for 499 quid right? Well 499.00 GBP = 832.883 AUD.
But here in Oz you are getting offered the S4 for $599 on NI's site!! No parity.

So you're either getting ripped there or the dummy Aussies are having a right old deal.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Been doing a lot of reading up on controllers for my mate. Cant believe they left booth out and record out off the S4. Proper school boy error for a so called Pro controller. Did people come up with a work round?

Next I think it will be an S4 mk2 with a built in F1 and a Z1/Z2 of some sorts.
Looking a bit like this and maybe one wheel at the other end. If they did that they would corner the market completely but impact their modular sales.

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/kontrol-z2-stands-520x277.png

Or maybe a new Z2 with a built in F1 & X1.

I really hope they make a single modular wheel unit. I only want one to play with. Still feel like i'm missing something.

edit* just found this - http://www.passionatedj.com/ni-continue … 4-now-599/

State of all that mate....Jesus

Yeh its like the Enterprise control panel. Fuck all that shite for remixing i just want a jog wheel to play with. I knew it would fuck me off and it is.

Part of the problem