Re: Loopy actually used to make some good tunes

starcreeper wrote:
flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
starcreeper wrote:

Prove it.

Who do you think you are, Perry fucking Mason? Bite me.

I was genuinely interested in your stats. Sorry if I seemed obtuse.

My stats? Eight inches and straight as a fucking arrow. Next.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

I think it still sounds pretty good, but as I ran the label that released it, I would! I love how jay has included not not his own, but my life story in that sound cloud blurb...

Jay, don't ever change, the Internet just wouldn't be the same..

fadass wrote:

Jay has posted up above this thread... I'd say it's fucking killing him not to type his life story in here. lmao.

He's probably editing it in Word before a cut & past of 20,000 words in the post reply window.

Nah, I was off on holiday so I missed this.  No reason to yammer on about something I did 13 years ago.  I did that underneath the track.  I only really check this board at work as *shock* I have a life.

Thanks for the kind words.

katakana wrote:

I think it still sounds pretty good, but as I ran the label that released it, I would! I love how jay has included not not his own, but my life story in that sound cloud blurb...

Jay, don't ever change, the Internet just wouldn't be the same..

Do you ever know what happened to Dale?

You should get the back catalogue up on Soundcloud or something along those lines.  There were some real cracking tunes released on Sonambulist.

MattBlack wrote:

Yeah i agree, it was from a different era, but productionwise its pretty faultless, the drums sound nice and tight and everything sounds clean and smooth, it probably doesnt fit in with whats around now but it sounds a damn sight better than a lot of stuff Diggers plays these days, just Imo of course

The mixdown makes me cringe.  Katakana owns the masters (or perhaps not?), so I'd love a copy of the version that was mastered for vinyl.  When I got the test press I was blown away at how good it sounded sonically compared to my mixdown.

134 BPM though.  Cripes.  I've still got the parts to it so I may remix it to modern standards.

I dont think we ever got mastered versions back from intergroove. To be honest I'm not sure there would even be a 'mastered' digital version - the mastering was done in the cutting room , direct onto the metal master disc.

katakana wrote:

I dont think we ever got mastered versions back from intergroove. To be honest I'm not sure there would even be a 'mastered' digital version - the mastering was done in the cutting room , direct onto the metal master disc.

That's a shame.  I've been thinking of re-releasing it with new mixes and getting it remastered if you don't have the vinyl master.  We shall see.

loopdokter wrote:

Nah, I was off on holiday so I missed this.  No reason to yammer on about something I did 13 years ago.  I did that underneath the track.  I only really check this board at work as *shock* I have a life.

Thank God that the holiday and your life outside is over cos you're back with a vengeance here, Jay... you pillock.