Re: Name a really shit track that all of a sudden.........

j.p sykes wrote:
Ahad Adump wrote:

West on 27th was very good and for that matter Communicate was one of my favourite Sasha/Digweed comps.

blimey, its probably the worst for me. You could add most of that album to this list.

I'd have to agree....it was the first S&D mix comp that I shelved after a couple of listens..

My beef with Communicate was that it was a collection of big tunes of the time, most of which were overplayed.

Who hadn't already heard Trisco - Muzak or Saints and Sinners - Pushing Too Hard loads of times when Communicate was released? (although they were great tunes, absolute beasts)

There was little of the magic on that mix that says 'this is a Sasha and Digweed' comp - it could have been Dave Seaman or any of the other big prog DJs at the time.

草泥马

Surely the thing about Communicate is the 10 minute mixes Dav?

Beijing Dave wrote:

My beef with Communicate was that it was a collection of big tunes of the time, most of which were overplayed.

Who hadn't already heard Trisco - Muzak or Saints and Sinners - Pushing Too Hard loads of times when Communicate was released? (although they were great tunes, absolute beasts)

There was little of the magic on that mix that says 'this is a Sasha and Digweed' comp - it could have been Dave Seaman or any of the other big prog DJs at the time.

fact

i think Seaman did include a lot of these tracks on one of his Ren comps around the same time

Communicate was a mix that was wholly unoriginal but £££ talks

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

Always loved Slacker - Fusion from Communicate.

Beijing Dave wrote:

Exactly this...I always lumped it into the same catagory as the Ministry 'Ibiza Anthems' Mix comps

...never really got the grief this album took, 'bigger' tunes for sure but remember rather liking it at the time. Haven't listened to it in ages but imagine it has dated rather badly next to NE1/2 or Ren1.

Just looked at the t/l again, the Killer Loop track was great and I loved the Red Zone Eric Clapton mix

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Reminds me of an ex girlfriend Communicate.

The daft mentalist.

I imagine you've got a different girl for every day of the week Ed. You dreamboat.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

Unbroken1 wrote:

.I loved the Red Zone Eric Clapton mix

I know its record snobbery at its worst but when they put that on there a part of me died sad  I collected Red Zone remixes and believe I have every one ever made. Id had this gem a while and thought it had gone under the radar. Fool me, next thing every cunt is playing it and my rare US import is not so fucking rare anymore ;(

Last edited by Dermo (Tuesday Jun 2013 06:08:29)

Part of the problem

millsy23 wrote:

I imagine you've got a different girl for every day of the week Ed. You dreamboat.

Broke a few hearts in my time Millsy.

Guilty as charged.

Unbroken1 wrote:

...never really got the grief this album took, 'bigger' tunes for sure but remember rather liking it at the time. Haven't listened to it in ages but imagine it has dated rather badly next to NE1/2 or Ren1.

Just looked at the t/l again, the Killer Loop track was great and I loved the Red Zone Eric Clapton mix

Love the 3 opening tunes on cd1...serious bass lines

Paganini Traxx - Zoe

Ridiculous.

Objection, your honour

hate what they did to roaches on communicate.... why the fuck?????

smallman1 wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

Broke a few hearts in my time Millsy.

Guilty as charged.

Unbroken1 wrote:

It was always just meant to be an album of the club sound they were playing at the time so its bound to sound dated, however, I still think it sounds better than NE 2 disc 2 which is just euro trance

MattBlack wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:

It was always just meant to be an album of the club sound they were playing at the time so its bound to sound dated, however, I still think it sounds better than NE 2 disc 2 which is just euro trance

It was a taste of Twilo

MattBlack wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:

Agreed, the only decent track on cd2 is LSG - Netherworld

erik.b wrote:

Agreed, the only decent track on cd2 is LSG - Netherworld

Really?? Thats a crazy statement, Erik.

3.2, Panfried, An Accident in Paradise. Not even decent?

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

Dermo wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:

.I loved the Red Zone Eric Clapton mix

I know its record snobbery at its worst but when they put that on there a part of me died sad  I collected Red Zone remixes and believe I have every one ever made. Id had this gem a while and thought it had gone under the radar. Fool me, next thing every cunt is playing it and my rare US import is not so fucking rare anymore ;(

Same here, stopped buying vinyl for a.while in the 90's as I would pay 10 quid plus for a 'rare import' only to hear David Dunne hammering it on kiss 102 via scallies banging it out in the Kenwood stereo in their XR2's. Who knows Dermo you could have tipped me the wink and sent me off from Eastern Bloc with another rare pup.

Jack is back baby.....

Only the extremely gifted got the rare stuff.

Part of the problem

..Phoenix 'Rise Up'

Whoosh-whoosh-fucking-swoosh.. People went nuts for this, absolutely NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS in this record

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Aye there was a better track on the flip too. Evil bitch or something.

Part of the problem