Re: The General Footy Thread

Can't wait for this Confederations Cup to end so we can sign Cavani.

Enjoying the other half of Liverpool blubbing and screaming that Moyes wants to sign Baines. Front page news 'New manager signs best player from his old club'. Everton fans having a shocker.

Jack is back baby.....

He's not Man Utd quality Leighton Baines.

They should be looking at Alba or Coentrao, players of that ilk.

smallman1 wrote:

Sort it out.

smallman1 wrote:

I'm surprised they're not going for someone younger, that young lad at Southampton is a good prospect and they could probably get him for around the same amount

smallman1 wrote:

Coentrao, players of that ilk.

I'd rather sign Clayton back.

(when he's released obvs)

smallman1 wrote:

Monumental nonsense

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

smallman1 wrote:

Clearing out the back room staff and chasing Everton players - Moyes is just asking for the hairdryer treatment.

smallman1 wrote:

Hayzeus Christo.

"Ban them, ban them alllllllllllllllllllllll" - Homegrove (April-2014)

seanc80 wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Monumental nonsense

Baines hasn't even played in the champions league.

He'll get exposed at the very highest level.

So just because he hasn't played in the Champions league means he will automatically get shown up?

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

seanc80 wrote:

So just because he hasn't played in the Champions league means he will automatically get shown up?

He'd be out of his depth in the big stuff, quarter finals onwards.

And there are better left backs out there, all with champions league experience.

As someone else pointed out, Luke Shaw would be a better signing, longer term that is.

Paddy's still got a couple of years left too.

smallman1 wrote:

He'd be out of his depth in the big stuff, quarter finals onwards

Gen LOL at United getting near the 'big stuff' with Moyes.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

We're fucked.

Arsenal consider 4th spot the big stuff.

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

He'd be out of his depth in the big stuff, quarter finals onwards

Gen LOL at United getting near the 'big stuff' with Moyes.

What are you basing your opinion on here, Flaresy? Is it the fact hes managed one of the worlds top teams before?

I know you're all in 'the getting behind the manager' phase, but do any United fans seriously believe Moyes will do anything other than underwhelm.

Pot in his first season maybe - FA Cup or League Cup. Mourinho will roast him in the League and he's always been found out in Europe.

草泥马

Found out in Europe? He should have been battering everyone with Everton should he?

seanc80 wrote:

Found out in Europe? He should have been battering everyone with Everton should he?

He shouldn't have been getting pasted 5-1 by the likes of Sparta Prague, that's for sure.

Enjoy this, from Everton's web site...

European qualification was achieved four times in five seasons between 2004 and 2009, with the highlight of the Club's European adventures coming in 2008 with a memorable march to the last 16 before a penalty shoot-out exit to Fiorentina on a night of high drama at Goodison.

Fucking WOW. I'd rather have Hodgson.

草泥马

My apologies, it was Dinamo Bucharest he lost to 5-1.

草泥马

Now change your signature and go home and get your fucking shinebox.

草泥马

Youre right, Dave. Everton, with their limited squad of players, should have steamrolled anyone they met in the Champs League qualifiers.

Im not expecting Utd to win all around them, I do however think theyll do just fine. At least I dont have to worry about Moyes banging on about "the project". That would be hard to fuckin take. I think people forget that the Utd players could pretty much manage themselves at this stage, especially with all the senior players still hanging around the dressing room.

Fulham did very nicely in the UEFA Cup with a limited squad of players and still held up in the league under Hodgson.

And what about Boro's romp to the final a few years ago under McClaren?

Shit English clubs often do well in the UEFA Cup at least. Why have Moyes' teams never done anything? Because he's a route one merchant who relies on some mental cunt in the box like Cahill or Fellaini. Decent European teams run rings round him. Admittedly that could change with United's team but I reckon he doesn't know what he's doing when he comes up against even a Villareal or a Udinese, let alone Barcelona or Borussia Dortmund.

草泥马

Everton had a squad that barely had the personnel let alone the ability to play in Europe.

To get there was pretty much a heroic achievement - especially then. Correct me if Im wrong but i remember reading that around/slightly before that period Everton hadnt bought a player for 2 seasons (aside from free transfers)

Beijing Dave wrote:

Fulham did very nicely in the UEFA Cup with a limited squad of players and still held up in the league under Hodgson.

And what about Boro's romp to the final a few years ago under McClaren?

How is that a fair comparison? Its like saying, Brazil beat Spain. England drew with Brazil. That makes England better than Spain.

See above.

Still, blind loyalty/optimism is an admirable trait, fuck knows we Liverpool supporters have displayed it enough in the past two years.

草泥马