Re: Best track of the year so far.

Very moody & emo sounding for you I thought, Zackster.

Keep up the great work though all the same, I like this.

"Ban them, ban them alllllllllllllllllllllll" - Homegrove (April-2014)

Re: Best track of the year so far.

I liked it up until the point when Evelyn Glennie turned up and ruined it.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Re: Best track of the year so far.

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Flawless production, if a little cheesy. Very innovative for a drum and bass tune though - stands out from all the usual speaker-wrecking basslines and whatever. Wouldn't be surprised if some hipster oik at the BBC uses it as a soundbed at some point during the summer...



Stench of Fedora and yellow rimmed glasses off this.

"Ban them, ban them alllllllllllllllllllllll" - Homegrove (April-2014)

Re: Best track of the year so far.

Grant wrote:

Nice Friday afternoon thread, highly amusing

Clarian & Guy Gerber "Claire" for me

This...

Re: Best track of the year so far.

Beacon - Bring You Back ... Fuzzy tingle times...Nick Warren's mix into this out of London Grammar is wonderful (April Soundgarden)

Last edited by jules72 (Friday Jul 2013 13:29:32)

Re: Best track of the year so far.

i'm surprised that this hasn't gotten any love around here. would make my top 5 for sure.

Re: Best track of the year so far.

Ahad Adump wrote:

Great this one, Digweed played it at Pacha last weekend.


So lets get this right Ahad. A track you heard last weekend is the best track of the year so far is it? Have a fucking word will you?
Its not a Digweed erection thread if you didn't notice. FFS Put your dick away and try not to think about him for 5 minutes.
Obsession of a SimonR magnitude on display.

JFT 39

Re: Best track of the year so far.

To be fair Dermo, the lad had abided by the rules and your still not happy.

Perhaps change the title to best track that John hasn't played.

Re: Best track of the year so far.

Aaah see thats where I suspect you are wrong BF.  I don't believe for a minute that is Ahads favourite track of the year so far. Its just another lame excuse to shoehorn in his lovers music.

JFT 39

Re: Best track of the year so far.

zackster wrote:

i'm surprised that this hasn't gotten any love around here. would make my top 5 for sure.


Fuck me..... That's alright Zack

Next High-Soul Society@Star of Bethnal Green http://www.starofbethnalgreen.com
April 11th > march's effort http://m.mixcloud.com/danieloliver72/march-2014/

Re: Best track of the year so far.

Zackster in 'good tune shocker.'

JFT 39

Re: Best track of the year so far.

furry wrote:

Quality thread. Here's mine.

Nice track that

Next High-Soul Society@Star of Bethnal Green http://www.starofbethnalgreen.com
April 11th > march's effort http://m.mixcloud.com/danieloliver72/march-2014/

Re: Best track of the year so far.

Seriously great track...

Re: Best track of the year so far.

Dermo at it again. I had been listening to the tune before I heard it played at Pacha as it happens, it's a good tune so I expect a variety of DJ's will play it, even a shit one like me! The fact John played it is co-incidental, I pointed the fact out because unless you hadn't noticed this is the Bedrock forum not the Sasha fan club.

Roger, Wilco.

Re: Best track of the year so far.

I do find it quite unusual that this big fella character frequents a music message board but hardly ever contributes music to threads such as this. As they always say though,nowt as queer as folk.

Re: Best track of the year so far.

Ahad Adump wrote:

Dermo at it again. I had been listening to the tune before I heard it played at Pacha as it happens, it's a good tune so I expect a variety of DJ's will play it, even a shit one like me! The fact John played it is co-incidental, I pointed the fact out because unless you hadn't noticed this is the Bedrock forum not the Sasha fan club.


What's Sasha got to do with it?

JFT 39

Re: Best track of the year so far.

Nothing come to think of it.

Roger, Wilco.

Re: Best track of the year so far.

Kumquat wrote:

Seriously great track...

..nice one, hadn't heard that

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: Best track of the year so far.

Toss up between...

and...

Re: Best track of the year so far.

Squidgy wrote:

You having a laugh, Squidgy? That's absolute plop lad.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Re: Best track of the year so far.

Maybe u need to hear it in its entirety, Henry.  Great track and one of those tunes that really works well in a mix.

Last edited by Squidgy (Saturday Jul 2013 09:23:03)

Re: Best track of the year so far.

Fair enough chief. I appreciate you not coming back with an abusive retort and ruining my evening.

But I'll tell you now, it would have to be a monumental second half to the track to stop me from hating it. And that slowed down homoerotic vocal would have to end as well. I'll be having none of that.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Re: Best track of the year so far.

I know what you mean about those types of vocals, but I think he's treated the vocal sample quite well in this case. Not normally a fan of all that stuff, but it sounds a bit more haunting what he's done with it.

For the live effect, there's a clip of it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsbcMXd8epI but I'm guessing you prob still won't like it

Re: Best track of the year so far.

There must be a dub of it? I could see myself doing an Edward Smallman-style 'Chicken Tonite' dance to that, elbowing folk around me and spilling beers everywhere. But that vocal is really killing the track IMO. I would probably leave the club in disgust if I heard it. I'd probably mine sweep a few ales on the way out as well, to ease the shock of it all.
I really hate that type of vocal stuff that Digweed plays. Another was that 'Siopsis' track; 3rd track in on Slovenia. Which is horrendously bad.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Re: Best track of the year so far.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

You having a laugh, Squidgy? That's absolute plop lad.

That.