Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

smallman1 wrote:

Saw Shaun of the dead for the first time on Saturday.

Reet enjoyed it.

Pegg is successful in America so liking his work is not allowed here sorry.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Always preferred Hot fuzz, apart from the last 20 minutes or so

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Homegrove wrote:

Pegg is successful in America so liking his work is not allowed here sorry.

What a load of fucking bollix. A series of one joke films after a half decent sit com in England.

Nothing to do with America. It's dross.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

MattBlack wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

that new die hard is a cunt

Strudders will probably love it

shaunstrudwick wrote:

'A Good Day to Die Hard' - fuck me is Bruce Willis short of a few bob or something?!!?  Easily the worst of the lot by some distance 1/10

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

shaunstrudwick wrote:
MattBlack wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

that new die hard is a cunt

Strudders will probably love it

shaunstrudwick wrote:

'A Good Day to Die Hard' - fuck me is Bruce Willis short of a few bob or something?!!?  Easily the worst of the lot by some distance 1/10

Still better than Hudson Hawk though wink

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Homegrove wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Saw Shaun of the dead for the first time on Saturday.

Reet enjoyed it.

Pegg is successful in America so liking his work is not allowed here sorry.


I think it's more that it doesn't pique some people's sense of humor. I have nothing against him personally, but I don't find his movies funny at all.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Get off the fence, Slabs. One half decent joke dragged out for 90 minutes like Shaun of the Dead with his mate who was (and still should be) a fucking waiter does not a film make.

I think Hannu likes him cos he looks like him.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Being generous saying Spaced was half decent n'all.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

fadass wrote:

Get off the fence, Slabs. One half decent joke dragged out for 90 minutes like Shaun of the Dead with his mate who was (and still should be) a fucking waiter does not a film make.

I think Hannu likes him cos he looks like him.

I look like him? Did you just say something nice about me? I like his stuff because it's mainly humor for geeks and I'm obviously one.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

I thought Geek humor was stuff like the Big Bang Theory, the IT Crowd, and periodic table puns? I guess Pegg is kind of a geek? And geeks like zombies?

Maybe I'd like it more if I was more of a fan of the horror/zombie genre, which I'm not, since I am no longer 13.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Don't grow up. It's a trap.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

fadass wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Bit late on Wheatley, you would enjoy his caravan caper

He came across as a right weapon in his interview.

Good premiere lined up for tomorrow by the looks of it - A Field in England.


Watched the first half an hour, nodded off, Wheatley is obviously believing his own press and gone right up his own arse.

Put the Wee Man on about Paul Ferris which was equally as shite for different reasons.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Big Fella wrote:

Being generous saying Spaced was half decent n'all.

thought it was good for its time - might not stand up quite so well if I looked back on it now, without rose tinted specs (bloodshot shmokers eyes?

Still very watchable though ......

Guess who's back .......... 'Odgy's back

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

wrongun wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Being generous saying Spaced was half decent n'all.

thought it was good for its time - might not stand up quite so well if I looked back on it now, without rose tinted specs (bloodshot shmokers eyes?

Still very watchable though ......


To be fair, downloaded it as it was 'highly' rated, watched the first ten minutes, realised Pegg was in it, turned off and deleted download.
Not probably the fairest of critiques.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Spaced was great i thought. Then his films came. Oh dear, what a fucking load of bollox.

JFT 39

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

You just don't get "geek" humour.

I think it's like regular humour, just not as funny.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

I've given them a go, all of them and each time its got worse. Pegg is no comedy genius thats for sure. His swan song was Mission impossible. Id hide in a cave if I had done that.

Its just not funny.

JFT 39

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

All his 'British' films are shite

Miraculously though he got the Star Trek gig on the back of it .... what a jammy cunt he is. 

Thats guaranteed millions $$$$$ for the forseeable future

Guess who's back .......... 'Odgy's back

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

wrongun wrote:

All his 'British' films are shite

Miraculously though he got the Star Trek gig on the back of it .... what a jammy cunt he is. 

Thats guaranteed millions $$$$$ for the forseeable future

And he's absolutely dreadful in that.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Our best export is Simon Fucking Pegg. How the fucking hell did that honestly happen? Its the same as Lee Evans.
Another horridly unfunny cunt for people with a low IQ.

JFT 39

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

i like Pegg but his stand alone stuff is pretty fucking dreadful (MI & Star Trek)

SOTD was good as was most of Hot Fuzz - but think Edgar Wright probably had a lot to do with that

quite liked Edgar Wright's 'Scott Pilgrim' as well

sort of related: Joe Cornish's 'Attack The Block' was also good imo - albeit a different genre

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Hardly a shock you like Pegg, Shaun.

Last edited by Dermo (Tuesday Jul 2013 04:45:00)

JFT 39

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Dermo wrote:

Hardly a shock you like Pegg, Shaun.

loved Spaced - so guilty as charged

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

I liked spaced but everything after that discredited him and it.

JFT 39

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Dermo wrote:

I liked spaced but everything after that discredited him and it.

his work as a stand alone 'actor' defo

the projects where he's had writing input still have their merit

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3