Topic: Website & hosting

I know there's a few on here who work in this field and was wondering if any can recommend any of the 'build your own website' jobbies out there and what the best way to host it is?
Read loads of all these 'FREE" websites etc but obviously they make it from hosting or something.
It will really be basic as basic gets just a few pages on the service and product and thats it. Nothing fancy or anything daft.

JFT 39

Re: Website & hosting

As far as building your own, Tumblr and Wordpress make it pretty easy.

Yes.. Wordpress is quite simple to do and free. There are more designed Wordpress website themes that you can buy, but you don't have to.

However, you will have to pay a fee to some webhosting company for a domain e.g. www.uterusswab.au

So although Wordpress is free, the webhosting wont be.

cheers fellas, so what's the going rate for hosting? just an idea.

JFT 39

Decent hosting is about $10 a month. I'd get somewhere local to you in Oz, dealing with companies on the other side of the world for support is real annoying.

www.dermolovessasha.au

www.analinstrumentsofjoy.com.au

JFT 39

penisland.com

Presto wrote:

penisland.com

classic...

Content management systems are for puffs quite frankly.  Just write it in HTML using VI at the command line.

Alternatively you could use this message board to host the site for you in a new thread.   I'm sure John doesn't mind.

Here is an example site to get you going (this has only taken me 5 minutes.  impressive, i think you'll agree):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAIL PLATT'S ~USED~ KNICKERS EMPORIUM

http://www.funkybunky.co.uk/media/ecom/prodxl/Gail-Platt-Helen-Worth.jpg

........As SoiLed bY GAiL heRself on tHe hallowed WeatheRfield coBbles!

I can vouch that mono's site above is fully HTML7 compliant. This will top-rank all your sites on Lycos, Alta Vista etc automatically.

Is it ok if i use your template there Mono? Seems a shame to waste it and pretty much fits my needs.

JFT 39

Dermo's fiendish plan to replace MercuryServer continues apace...

LOL imagine that? SimonR has already lost one site, losing another would push him over the edge.

JFT 39

Looking forward to Dermo's music and forced anal combo effort

c300 dance music CDs in his collection (Dec 2013)

Looking to incorporate a readers wives page and a 'One for the ladies' section Millsy. wink wink.

JFT 39