Topic: The Ashes (Possible 2 pager)

Any of you lot got any interest in the start of the Ashes today?  I bet Dermo must be glad that we have been in a bit of a form over the past few contests, I imagine the Aussies like to give it large when it is going in their favour.  Anyway I don't reckon it will be a white wash maybe 3-1 to us, pitch looks like there may be a bit of a turn in it so hopefully there will be plenty of wickets.

Jack is back baby.....

Re: The Ashes (Possible 2 pager)

Old Trafford 2nd August tickets in the bag, with some Veuve Clicquot, Strawberries and M&S Cream.

£25 on 3-1 England, plus a £5 double on KP top batsman and GS top bowler at 45-1. A lot of the pitches are going to be pretty dry and flat due to the weather so there may be more runs than some are forecasting. Swann is the key man for me, Anderson alone won't knock over an Aussie second innings and I don't think Broad or Finn will be that effective on a flat 5th day pitch.

Root to make a *big* name for himself too I fancy, brave from the selectors but a good call. He's the future, not Compton.

Big Fella wrote:

Old Trafford 2nd August tickets in the bag, with some Veuve Clicquot, Strawberries and M&S Cream.

don't forget the crab claws Bigglesworth

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Just waiting for it to come on the box now. Really hoping we don't just beat the cunts, but humiliate them.

Part of the problem

Old Trafford 3rd August for me...

I'm concerned that all this back to back malarkey is going to dilute brand Ashes somewhat. Unless we keep winning.

Batting this morning, hoping for a couple of boring sessions.

This thread should be taken out of LJ's control immediately. Historically It has needed somebody comfortable with potentially a double figure page count. Something LJ is not ready for by any means.

HAnnu to sort.

Part of the problem

Big Fella wrote:

I'm heading to Old Trafford on the 1st BF.

sabotini wrote:

Root to make a *big* name for himself too I fancy, brave from the selectors but a good call. He's the future, not Compton.

If the pitches are going to be dry and flat then I'd wager that Bairstow finishes the series with a higher average than Root.

Nice touch from LJ by omitting the year from the thread title - he's going to get the winter series traffic too. Four pager min.

Amateur.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Amateur.

....you snooze you lose - LOL at the Aussies so far in their innings...

Jack is back baby.....

I'm at Trent Bridge tomorrow. Can't fucking wait.

Lord's on the Friday and Saturday an all.

Grant wrote:

Looks like you've seen some action already, Ashes are always a great advert for Cricket.

I'm hoping to pick up Old Trafford Saturday tickets, mates got some spares that i've got 2nd dibs on.

we've been bowling some proper gash to let those Aussie cunts back in it sad

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

how the fuck did we go from being 100 up with 9 out only to be losing? useless cunts.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

how the fuck did we go from being 100 up with 9 out only to be losing? useless cunts.

we've been shite and their uncapped no.11 has played a blinder - 2 shy of a maiden test century!!

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

Grant wrote:

Say hi to Ed from me

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

We're making an absolute pig's ear of this.

I was fucking embarrassed at work last night. I came in giving it the large to all the Aussies about how we were going to smash them and then agar goes and shows me up like that. Fortunately there was only one actual australian at work. The other girls a kiwi (they all sound the same) and the other one English who has just got an Aussie passport who doesn't like cricket anyway (she doesn't love it either)

But when I go in tonight it's going to be full of the bastards baying at me. They're already sore over the lions.

Absolutely terrible bowling at agar

Loop Music Mix Show

http://www.loop-music.co.uk

Agar is a recognised batsman to be fair and can play a bit - he's better at that than bowling anyway.

The ball had all the response of a pillow when he was playing too, it sounded dead every time it got hit, so it was really hard for the bowlers.  Pig-sick after that though.  What the fuck happened with Trott too?

Thought Cook and Pietersen were fantastic the way they played out yesterday - bit boring, but what was needed.  If we can get a 250 run lead today, we'll win.

Think I saw Ed dressed at Fred Flinstone coming out of trap 4.

Got day 5 at Lords and the Thursday at Old Trafford.

The egg and bacon blazer will be getting dusted off.

Along with the salmon chinos.

I don't think there's gonna be too much day five action this entire series.

smallman1 wrote:

Got day 5 at Lords and the Thursday at Old Trafford.

The egg and bacon blazer will be getting dusted off.

Along with the salmon chinos.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2s021kz.jpg

salmon and chinos.... 2 words that should never be seen in the same sentence. lol.