Re: Tour De France 2012 thread

fadass wrote:

Lance was clean! So is Sir Brad!

And Froome (who did the stage a few days ago only a few mins slower than Lance who was juiced up to his gills on monkey hormones at the time), he's clean too.

It's all great.

Stage times are less relevant. Depends on what is happening in the race on the day. Time up the key climbs on the other hand.....

Pube defending his sport reminds me of Dalglish defending horse face.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Pube defending his sport reminds me of Dalglish defending horse face.

Is donning lycra meggings and cycling on a Sunday morning with a pack of annoying auld blokes called a sport nowadays?

Last edited by Big Fella (Friday Jul 2013 05:16:20)

Sure thing Pube. Absolutely.

Climber's frame. Indurain's output in the time trial. Dodgy doctor for past few years in Sky team. Up mountains as quick as Pantani and Lance in the heyday of  blood transfusions and injecting horse placenta up your jacksie.

It's all good. How long can you suspend disbelief cos it's "TEAM SKY"?

Painful delusion from pubic. Expect big nose to stick his conk in anytime soon to back it up.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Painful delusion from pubic. Expect big nose to stick his conk in anytime soon to back it up.

Think Simonr is in Ibiza mate, he has been there six times this year and the season only started five weeks ago.

Ed Smallman is going too. Loads.

Big Fella wrote:
Dermo wrote:

Think Simonr is in Ibiza mate, he has been there six times this year and the season only started five weeks ago.

He has a Mrs though. LOL Course he has.

Part of the problem

I remember the good auld times when we used to get a Friday 'what are you doing this weekend' thread.

fadass wrote:

Ed Smallman is going too. Loads.

Just the once for me this year Fad.

It'll be monumental though, natch.

fadass wrote:

Sure thing Pube. Absolutely.

Climber's frame. Indurain's output in the time trial. Dodgy doctor for past few years in Sky team. Up mountains as quick as Pantani and Lance in the heyday of  blood transfusions and injecting horse placenta up your jacksie.

It's all good. How long can you suspend disbelief cos it's "TEAM SKY"?

You sound bitter Sadass. Leave that to the professionals yer daft tinker.

Kudos on 'Sadass'- Flaresy himself would be proud of that one.

You thick English cunt.

Did your mate text you again to get back on?

Nah, he's out getting bladdered on the Kimmage defence money. Mac in hand.

Terrible racist slur by pubic, although you have to admire him defending his new obsession.

Why dont you post a picture of 'your' bike again. You know, the one you copied & pasted off the 4four board? You're better than that Biggsey.

Chris Froome desperately needs a personality.

smallman1 wrote:

Chris Froome desperately needs a personality.

Christ, his speech was a bit of a toe-curler, wasn't it?

Just watched a prog on the history of the tour. every cunt has been bang on it for years and years. Even in the 40s people were dying from strokes for having too much speed. Some of the pics of the riders were classic I've had too much fet at a hardcore night in 91.
The entire sport is built on drug abuse. Eddy merckz was banned 3 times for doping in the 70s. Everyone is still on it imo.

Part of the problem

Cav definitely is.

Just look at his face.

Dermo wrote:

Just watched a prog on the history of the tour. every cunt has been bang on it for years and years. Even in the 40s people were dying from strokes for having too much speed. Some of the pics of the riders were classic I've had too much fet at a hardcore night in 91.
The entire sport is built on drug abuse. Eddy merckz was banned 3 times for doping in the 70s. Everyone is still on it imo.

Hinault was bang on it too. And Anquetile. LeMond was clean though. And Big Mig. Have a read of Rough Ride by Paul Kimmage.

Anyone else think Wiggins is a grade A twat?

La Nausee wrote:
Dermo wrote:

Hinault was bang on it too. And Anquetile. LeMond was clean though. And Big Mig. Have a read of Rough Ride by Paul Kimmage.

Recently read, 'The Secret Race' by Tyler Hamilton.  Remarkable book.

Makes it quite clear that pretty much anybody who was and/or wanted to be competitive - in the Armstrong era at least - was cheating.  But also makes a very good case, based on times, that today's riders are clean.

Recommended.

Secret Race is a quality read. Difference is Kimmage wrote his book over 20 years ago & was making the same points back then. Have a read of Matt Rendells book on Marco Pantani. One of the best who lterally snorted himself to death. On the gear in a massive way on & off the bike.

pube85 wrote:

Secret Race is a quality read. Difference is Kimmage wrote his book over 20 years ago & was making the same points back then. Have a read of Matt Rendells book on Marco Pantani. One of the best who lterally snorted himself to death. On the gear in a massive way on & off the bike.

I do want to read Kimmage's book.  And David Millar's.  And I'll add Rendells'/Pantani to the list.
smile

The reason why I don't rate cycling as a sport is that anyone with a bit of perseverance can be good at it.

No talent required.