Topic: Recent, decent, d'n'b?

Anybody got any worthwhile suggestions - mixes especially?

Been out of that loop for a good little while but exchanged a post or two elsewhere with roberto and he offered a couple of suggestions and has whetted my appetite again...

The whole 'liquid' sound was my kind of thing - that and a bit of the Hospital Records sound.  I did hear the Aural Imbalance album recently and enjoyed it - any mix suggestions/recommendations along those lines would be tidy.

Ta.

*pint drinking smiley*

Re: Recent, decent, d'n'b?

Check out Draama Kode - Well Chopped (Hospital)

草泥马

Black Sun Empire - Killing the Light

Med School is worth a look too.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

Congo Natty's new album 'Jungle Revolution' is quite good if you like the dub and ragga vibes.

LJT Bukem has also released (re?) Bukem In Session and that should wet your whistle.

I've really liked Calibre's FabricLive. Good mix of new and classic material and it is very well mixed as you'd expect.

LTJ Bukem just released a new mix on his label, Good Looking, which is fantastic. The CD came with an instrumental mix and the tracks unmixed and had a code to download the mix with 2 different MCs.

LTJ Bukem just released a new mix on his label, Good Looking, which is fantastic. The CD came with an instrumental mix and the tracks unmixed and had a code to download the mix with 2 different MCs.

From above:

loopdokter wrote:

LJT Bukem has also released (re?) Bukem In Session and that should wet your whistle.

what I haven't done recently is look on http://www.dogsonacid.com/ for all things d'n'b...

I was going through a few mixes from that basslaced thread last night Kev, the DBridge Dubs on Doves mix is a cracker if you fancy a trip down early 90's memory lane.

Much obliged for suggestions chaps - will do some digging tomorrow - thanks again and feel free to keep them coming...

smile

Been listening to Pedro's Broadcasting Basement (PBB) a lot lately. Playing loads of d'n'b there.

Seba's new album (Identity) is quite good...check it - worth the coin IMO.

These aren't the droids we're looking for, you can go about your business now, move along, move along...

loopdokter wrote:

From above:

loopdokter wrote:

Yeah, Bukem's 'In Session' is top notch.

These aren't the droids we're looking for, you can go about your business now, move along, move along...

Also, Big Bud's 'Blue & Green' is good!

Never a big fan of d&b but always thought this was a little smasher of a tune.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1odIMSMv68A

Mocean Worker-Detonator

Hmm - slightly disappointed by Bukem's "In Session" mix - was expecting great things and after a couple of listens it's merely ok.  Something missing from it - and it's not just Conrad...

The Seba album is fantastic though.  Top, TOP, notch.

Picked up the Hospital Summer mix-comp - about to give that a crack. 

Definitely going to check the Big Bud album too - always liked his stuff.

Keep the suggestions coming chaps...

stylustrouble wrote:

Never a big fan of d&b but always thought this was a little smasher of a tune.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1odIMSMv68A

Mocean Worker-Detonator

Not for me Chief, sorry...

furry wrote:

That's MUCH more like it...
smile

The new Fabric Friction mix album is ok.

High Contrast's first album (High Society) is worth checking out and this is a tune -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4ge4yX5n1I

Woah, the Big Bud, 'Blue & Green' album is fantastic.

Anybody who likes d'n'b couldn't be disappointed by either the Seba or Bug Bud albums.  Lovely stuff.

Getting the feel for it again - on the hunt for more...

*edit*
I think it's the weather - NOTHING says warm summer sunshine like a rolling bassline and some crashing breaks - and some decent headphones.  And a Bar-B.  And umpteen 1664s...

Last edited by smashdad (Tuesday Jul 2013 11:22:23)

and midriffs....

roberto wrote:

and midriffs....

Allow me to change your mind...

*hoists t-shirt*

Love the dj marky fabric live cd from a few years ago, and the Danny Howells - this is a test d & b mix from a few years ago is good too.

I was more than a little bit disappointed with the bukem in session mix... Just not the same quality as the old stuff he used to put out but I guess as a style it will never be as exciting as that 95 sound again because its all been done now.

The big bud LP is indeed a corker.  Not listened to seba all the way yet, sounds pretty lush what I have heard though.

Can't vouch for below Kev as only listened to first ten mins but it might be worth a go in terms of your original request for mixes.... Free downloads on a Thursday on mixriot too

http://www.mixriot.com/content/grooveri … -july-2013

H

Some junglist presha in Toronto, circa 1998:

Toronto had probably the largest drum n' bass scene outside of London/Bristol from the mid-to-late 1990s.  It's still pretty big and we get out fair share of DJs from that scene, although a lot of it has morphed into the bass music scene.

loopdokter wrote:

Some junglist presha in Toronto, circa 1998:

Toronto had probably the largest drum n' bass scene outside of London/Bristol from the mid-to-late 1990s.  It's still pretty big and we get out fair share of DJs from that scene, although a lot of it has morphed into the bass music scene.

Read the thread title again fella...