Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Is this interview even online? I've searched the Mixmag site - no dice. What kind of lemonhead starts a thread like this with no link. Derp alert.

Perhaps you have to buy it. Ridiculous, isn't it?

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
faible wrote:
flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Bedrock as a brand is without a doubt the single biggest success story in the English house music scene bar none

what? just think about MoS as a brand which is a global thing...


Ministry of Sound is the primest example of capitalist, money-orientated, sell-out corporate bullshit you will ever fuckin' see in your life. What started out as a handy little footnote in British clubbing history - which pioneered the US/UK DJ crossover - has evolved into the dance music equivalent of K-Tel, pushing out nicely-timed Christmas compilations of tracks we've heard a billion times before to enable that cunt Palumbo to buy his way into the Lords. That they have the audacity to still call themselves 'the best club in the world' is an affront to all the real heads out there who know how to put on proper nights in proper clubs full of people who don't swan around like their shit doesn't stink.

I briefly did a bit of work for them back in the 90's and I've been to many a night there, and the level of snobbery you encounter in and around that organisation is bordering on suffocating (almost as bad as Malibu Stacey and Serious at The Cross back in the day, but I digress). They are the anti-cool, the diametric opposite of anything meaningful or cutting edge in modern electronic music, and they can throw out as many deep house albums as they like to try and throw us off the scent - they aint fooling me. They've employed known criminals and murder suspects on their doors and the venue is located in one of shittiest holes in London - hardly the gleaming beacon of piety they'd have you believe from their shiny PR initiatives.

They're a brand all right, a particular brand of cuntishness which epitomises everything that has gone wrong with the clubbing scene in this country over the past 20 years.

you're not wrong here - it wasnt called the misery of pounds for nothing....

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

Pretty sure snorky004 is Sasha. Sneaky cunt.

"You would, you fat greasy chip eating cunt". Creepy March 2014

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

shocked that no one is mentioning S&D at space in 2009? they were off the hook!
much better performance than their Godskitchen set the same year, which was more like a 7/10

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

Progged wrote:

shocked that no one is mentioning S&D at space in 2009? they were off the hook!
much better performance than their Godskitchen set the same year, which was more like a 7/10

Ed - can you confirm?

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

smashdad wrote:
flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Bedrock as a brand is without a doubt the single biggest success story in the English house music scene bar none...

You don't half come out with some utter fucking rubbish...


flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

... the diametric opposite...

And now you're lacing your gushing spew with tautologies!?!  It's not enough that you seem to be standing by THE most preposterous thing I've read on here in no short while - but you're actua.....

Fuck it.  You know what - good luck to you fella.  Great big slabs of good old fashioned luck to you.

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Bedrock as a brand is without a doubt the single biggest success story in the English house music scene bar none...

*chuckles and shakes head*

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

snorky004 wrote:

When did you last see them?

Saw them twice at the Mayan Theatre in LA - the played there twice within a few months part of the DH tour - first time was priceless - the first time was kinda short notice & the peeps in attendance were more core & less glam - & they also played on a Wednesday or Thursday night - that was May I think.  They came back again in September & that show was good as well, but over advertised & the place was beyond packed.  That was the last time I saw them together.

These aren't the droids we're looking for, you can go about your business now, move along, move along...

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

I have a feelin there's a few people posting with a tear in their eye.

"You would, you fat greasy chip eating cunt". Creepy March 2014

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

Starcreeper, I was at that San Fran 1999 gig but if memory serves me correctly they were supposed to play at 1015 Folsom but it got changed at the last minute to another club down the street. Was a great night, was basically a mixture musically of John's Hong Kong CD and Sasha's Ibiza one, both released that year. Jimmy Van M was on warm up duties that particular evening.

Roger, Wilco.

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

Grant wrote:
flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Is this interview even online? I've searched the Mixmag site - no dice. What kind of lemonhead starts a thread like this with no link. Derp alert.

Perhaps you have to buy it. Ridiculous, isn't it?


I wouldn't be seen dead buying Mixmag - the musical equivalent of Top Gear magazine or Hello. Abject humiliation.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

Don't expect it for free when it suits you then.

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

Sasha seems to be in Mixmag once every 3 months now.

Appealing to a younger crowd is a big mistake, everyone knows 30 to mid 40 year old prog heads are the future.

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

smashdad wrote:
flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

... the diametric opposite...

And now you're lacing your gushing spew with tautologies!?!


No, that statement doesn't qualify as such. It's grammatically and rhetorically correct, in addition to only being an opinion. Perhaps if you spent more time brushing up on how to use your micro-brain and less chasing me around this board like a bitching trollette, you wouldn't produce these elementary errors on a consistent basis. And I don't need luck matey, I just need me.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

And I don't need luck matey, I just need me.

Good luck with that.

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

Grant wrote:

Don't expect it for free when it suits you then.


I'm easy either way. My dick won't shrink or my life degenerate into a swirling maelstrom of chaos because I miss out on this article - I simply pointed out the folly of not providing a link to qualify the thread. Plenty of other people do it, so why not here?

Seems like somebody didn't enjoy their Cheerios as much as usual this morning. Carry on.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

You try too hard Flaresy

Last edited by Grant (Wednesday Jul 2013 00:45:01)

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
Grant wrote:

Don't expect it for free when it suits you then.


I'm easy either way. My dick won't shrink or my life degenerate into a swirling maelstrom of chaos because I miss out on this article - I simply pointed out the folly of not providing a link to qualify the thread. Plenty of other people do it, so why not here?

Seems like somebody didn't enjoy their Cheerios as much as usual this morning. Carry on.

Do you speak like this much of a cunt to your daughter?

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

Right on cue, the Three Amigos with a thread-busting triple-post blindside to catch me off guard.

Yawn.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

sabotini wrote:

Do you speak like this much of a cunt to your daughter?


No. Have you apologised to your Mum yet for being born?

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
sabotini wrote:

Do you speak like this much of a cunt to your daughter?


No. Have you apologised to your Mum yet for being born?

That's just rubbish.  Fucking hell.

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

Ha. He called it on. We're all out of sympathy here, don't go randomly trolling people and not expect a retort. Fucking amateur night.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Ha. He called it on. We're all out of sympathy here, don't go randomly trolling people and not expect a retort. Fucking amateur night.

Amateur night? It's 9am dude - stop playing Minecraft and go to bed.

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

sabotini wrote:

stop playing Minecraft


What is that, some kiddie computer game? Load of old rubbish, consoles are for thickos.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Ha. He called it on. We're all out of sympathy here, don't go randomly trolling people and not expect a retort. Fucking amateur night.

What it your obsession with trolling?  No-one is trolling you for fuck's sake, people are trying to help you.

Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

Nice to see Flarsey getting his Bedrock duties out of the way before attacking the settee.