Re: Guy J - Balance

I used the preview TO CURE MY INSOMNIA!

LOL

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

His hair do should be enough to swerve it.

Part of the problem

Yant wrote:

Preview available on Soundcloud if anyone is interested.

Link?

http://soundcloud.com/balanceseries/bal … -j-preview

Yant wrote:
dubstar wrote:

I'm all for a Guy J mix, but don't really like the fact that he's produced, remixed or edited every track on the disc.

Why? if it sounds great, who cares?

Guy J's remixes are usually mint anyway.

Yea good point, I'm sure I'll enjoy the album. I guess I just prefer a DJ mix album to be more traditional. Maybe I should get with the times

Like the sound of his remix of Killa

Went out to see to Hernan Cattaneo last Saturday and he played a few tracks from this comp.

The WOW and Echomen remixes sounded great.

Bit of a subdued effort innit?

Also he does his trademark trick of taking a really high energy, feel good tune and making it a dull plodder (Fixation & Killa I'm looking at you)....

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

Boring as fuck is guy j.
Hes also adept at showcasing loads of his tunes in his mixes then never releasing any of them. Really fucking annoying.
And his hair cut is an abomination.

Last edited by Dermo (Wednesday Jul 2013 15:51:13)

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Boring as fuck is guy j.
Hes also adept at showcasing loads of his tunes in his mixes then never releasing any of them. Really fucking annoying.
And his hair cur is an abomination.

If you find him "Boring as fuck" then why get annoyed if he showcases his tunes and doesn't release them?

Last edited by Phil Istine (Wednesday Jul 2013 14:51:19)

Hi Phil, I considered the hypocrisy of my remark whilst writing my post. I don't find his tunes boring I find him and his hair boring and the knack he has of turning great tunes into an hour long monotonous racket. Which I consider boring.
Hope that clears it up for you.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Hi Phil, I considered the hypocrisy of my remark whilst writing my post. I don't find his tunes boring I find him and his hair boring and the knack he has of turning great tunes into an hour long monotonous racket. Which I consider boring.
Hope that clears it up for you.

Crystal fella, his forthcoming remix of Nothing But Pleasure, should be right up your strasse then.

I think you're all fucked in the head.

He's superb. I'll be picking this up in the next couple of days.

I think the fact that Matt Black likes the remix of Killa says all you need to know about Guy J.

I've just finished listening to this. It's the BSPF comp of 2013. Put that on the poster.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

The Echomen remix is good as well

No it isn't.

I'm avoiding this like the plague.

I have no idea why but I'm fairly sure MattBlack has got something to do with it.

Am listening to this at the present moment in time without any blinkers on, first 15 mins is okay. I don't mind his hair either.

You would have more aural enjoyment listening to your own farts in the bath after a night on the Guinness and a spicy mungbean daal.

H not a fan, clearly.

http://www.mixcloud.com/YeahRadio/guy-j … 9-07-2013/

nice teaser.

You don't need a teaser anymore, DuFunk.

It's been released.

How the hell can you not like guy j and refer to his music as boring, this is coming from a lot of people brought up on progressive, guy j and hernan are as close as you can get to the old sound.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

You would have more aural enjoyment listening to your own farts in the bath after a night on the Guinness and a spicy mungbean daal.

So what do you like then Henry, please educate us on your infinitely superior musical taste please

DuFunk wrote:

How the hell can you not like guy j and refer to his music as boring, this is coming from a lot of people brought up on progressive, guy j and hernan are as close as you can get to the old sound.

..isn't that the point? not enough, ahem.. progression

Who wants to just hear new music done in an old progressive style?

Having said all that, I have respect for both Guy J as a producer and Hernan as a DJ.. have heard good stuff from both, but when you look at the range of dance music being made now, can completely understand people thinking they are dull

soundcloud.com/unbroken1