Re: Golf

...I'm having a tenner on Unknown Yank Jr. III romping up the leaderboard out of nowhere on the final day and nicking it

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

sabotini wrote:

Don't find the rough and you're halfway there. The winner isn't going to score -20, they'll score -5 or something.. it's not about banging in birdie after birdie, it's about finding fairways and making par. There's a lot of yanks capable of that.

Bubba isn't one of them though.

Watch Tiger stick to hitting irons off tees this week.

My picks;

Manasero
Laird
Gallagher
Lawry
Sterne
Ooustizen
Bjorn

I've gone got a bevvy of Swedes, a lot of them killing it both sides of the pond at the moment: Blixt, Stenson, Jacobson, Bjorn. All e/w, natch.

Agnetha, Benny, Bjorn and Anni-Frid for me. All e/w natch, they're well used to that, I'd say.

fadass wrote:

Agnetha, Benny, Bjorn and Anni-Frid for me.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmi2rfea9a1qjuh8wo1_500.jpg

Part of the problem

belter.

I'm on Bjorn and Mahan both at 85-1

Really nailing the 2 iron off the tee lately, myself.

My gambling has been shocking however.

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

Betting on golf, especially at the start of the tournament is a mug's game.

Nonetheless, being something of a mug, I've got Jason Day e/w at 34/1 and Thomas Bjorn e/w at 81/1

My bets;

Gallagher e/w @ 226/1
Lowry e/w @ 126/1
Laird e/w @ 101/1
Sterne e/w @ 126/1
Bjorn e/w @ 81/1
Manasero e/w @ 67/1
Oosthuizen e/w @ 41/1

Top 6 finish for each.  Natch.

People who know what they're doing bet on matches. Hence me betting for overall winners.

The fat cigar smoking spaniard off to a flyer.

Peter Alliss already pulling out some outstanding comments.

Foxy Stoat wrote:

Peter Alliss already pulling out some outstanding comments.

The bloke is a ledge.

If you ever get the opportunity, make sure you play his course Hindhead.  It's fantastic.

I'm a member of one of his at Pyrford in Surrey. It boasts the largest bunker in Europe. The man himself is a total tit though, can't stand his commentary. Hindhead is just down the road from where I play, I keep meaning to make the effort as it's meant to be very good.

It is mate, probably the best i've played around the London area (bar Suningdale and Wentworth).

Yant wrote:

It is mate, probably the best i've played around the London area (bar Suningdale and Wentworth).

What's your handicap Yant?

His swing, etc.

smallman1 wrote:

What's your handicap Yant?

3.8, Ed.

It's finely poised.  Would like to see Westwood do it and he does seem to have found a bit of form with the putter at last.

Plenty of the previously mentioned Unknown Yanks lurking around the leaderboard too though.  Hopefully it won't come to that.

Peter Alliss wrote:

I wouldn't mind him [Rory McIlroy] coming to stay with me and listen to my nonsense for a week. It probably wouldn't do any good but I'd give it a try.

The BBC still haven't learned their lesson, obviously.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

Yant wrote:

Not an American.

My bets;
Gallagher e/w @ 226/1
Lowry e/w @ 126/1
Laird e/w @ 101/1
Sterne e/w @ 126/1
Bjorn e/w @ 81/1
Manasero e/w @ 67/1
Oosthuizen e/w @ 41/1
Top 6 finish for each.  Natch.

Good to see Yant knows his onions.

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

I went pretty large each-way on Poulter and Scott. Scott is costing me money, the total cunt.

How many fucking times does Mikelson need to hug his kids?

Had a pony on a Mik, Froome England treble, lovely.

Shame it wasn't a Rio.

Last edited by Big Fella (Sunday Jul 2013 09:50:43)