Re: Greatest club side ever?

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
smashdad wrote:
flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Invincibles would have wiped their arse with them, or anybody else for that matter.

Arsenal's 'invincibles' lost 4 of the 5 competitions they entered in 2003-04.
smile

*edit*
they lost the Charity Shield too...


Deeply muddled thinking from a confused individual. Here, let me show you where you went wrong...

Firstly, you can't 'lose' a competition unless you're the reigning champion of it. In this regard, Arsenal did indeed 'lose' the FA Cup that year because we'd won the previous two in succession. Similarly, Ushited 'lost' their precious Premier League crown to the elemental force which was our superior team that year. We weren't holders of the Champions League or League Cup therefore didn't 'lose' those titles - by your logic, Grimsby Town 'lost' the FA Cup that year...what a bunch of cunts eh?

Arsenal's 'invincibles' failed to win 4 of the 5 trophies available to them in 2003-04.

There, that's better.  You fucking great plunger.

Re: Greatest club side ever?

Obvious but true. Barca side from 2009 onwards.

Last edited by mr day (Sunday Aug 2013 10:47:46)

Re: Greatest club side ever?

smashdad wrote:

Arsenal's 'invincibles' failed to win 4 of the 5 trophies available to them in 2003-04.

There, that's better.  You fucking great plunger.

What was the 5th...you still banging on about that bloody Charity Shield again? Let's see shall we, Barcelona failed to win 3 of the 4 trophies available to them last season, Chelsea failed to win 3 of the 4 trophies available to them before that whilst United won precisely fuck all the same year. Your argument is buried up to its neck in cuntishness and smacks of trollish desperation - fact is Arsenal won the league and continued where they left off the following season, extending their run of games to a whopping 49. If you want to continually shit on that help yourself but that team was voted the greatest in Premier League history for a reason.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: Greatest club side ever?

Big Fella wrote:

It's Vieira FFS.

Never a truly great midfielder IMO, too much of a bully and dirty bastard. Also one of his cups was an FA cup with City, hardly contributed anything.

Anyway back to my point, Arsenal and their so called Invincibles were destroyed by Roy Keane and Arsenal have never been the same since. All the prem managers now know they are spineless and are easy to get at.


Accusing a player of being a bully and a dirty bastard within the context of discussing Roy Keane is either remarkably unaware or just borderline retarded. I'm sure Alf-Inge Håland would agree with me, in fact, his leg was the only thing Keano ever destroyed. If you're referring to Ushited ending our epic 49 game unbeaten run it was fatboy Rooney's dive which put paid to that, a fact I've never forgotten and the reason why I wouldn't want the dirty Scouse ape at Arsenal even if we could afford him.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: Greatest club side ever?

Nice use of the diacritic there by flaresy, obviating the need for a 'double a' (Haaland).

I vastly prefer the use of the Hanyu Pinyin transliteration 'Shǎnxī' for 陕西, rather than the 'Shaanxi' nonsense Wade-Giles came up with.

草泥马

Re: Greatest club side ever?

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Let's see shall we, Barcelona failed to win 3 of the 4 trophies available to them last season, Chelsea failed to win 3 of the 4 trophies available to them before that whilst United won precisely fuck all the same year.

Quite right.  And none of those clubs, indeed no other club that I can ever recall, has had the witless temerity to glory in the label of 'The Invincibles'.

Classless shitcunts.

Re: Greatest club side ever?

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

... Ushited...

He said it again!

Oh, mate that's funny...

*uppercuts self*

Re: Greatest club side ever?

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

... that team was voted the greatest in Premier League history for a reason.

Same fucking reason Armin van Buuren is regularly voted best DJ in the world eh?!

Re: Greatest club side ever?

smashdad wrote:

Classless shitcunts.

LOL.

But then so is one of your own players christening your ground the Theatre of Dreams and then using it on your shitcunt megastore merchandise ever since.

草泥马

Re: Greatest club side ever?

Minimum criterion for being considered the greatest side ever: winning the league two years in a row.

Re: Greatest club side ever?

Beijing Dave wrote:
smashdad wrote:

Classless shitcunts.

LOL.

But then so is one of your own players christening your ground the Theatre of Dreams and then using it on your shitcunt megastore merchandise ever since.

I'll leave that to a Man Utd fan to properly comment on, but to the best of my knowledge it was coined by Bobby Charlton and far as I'm concerned the fella has earned the right to call stuff pretty much whatever the fuck he likes.

Re: Greatest club side ever?

The Theatre Of Dreams and Manxhester United The Greatest Football Team Of All Time, winds up the people it's intended to. Job done.

Re: Greatest club side ever?

smashdad wrote:
Beijing Dave wrote:
smashdad wrote:

Classless shitcunts.

LOL.

But then so is one of your own players christening your ground the Theatre of Dreams and then using it on your shitcunt megastore merchandise ever since.

I'll leave that to a Man Utd fan to properly comment on, but to the best of my knowledge it was coined by Bobby Charlton and far as I'm concerned the fella has earned the right to call stuff pretty much whatever the fuck he likes.

He's a fucking nonce.

草泥马

Re: Greatest club side ever?

Beijing Dave wrote:

For me, growing up, remember being mesmerised by that Milan side of the late 80s, early 90s.

I was learning how to play football at a time when English clubs were bossing Europe - late '70s to mid 80s - pretty sure our clubs won the European Cup six or seven years on the trot.  I don't know about 'The Greatest' - massively subjective and impossible to reach consensus on - but I know, as a kid, it was Liverpool that were the most impressive side of the lot - the '77 bunch with Keegan as the focal point were great and the '78 side when Dalglish had replaced Keegan it was never in doubt that they'd retain it.*

Only later would I grow up to realise what a bunch of self-obsessed, whining, amoral scumbags most of their support are - but, I was only a kid at the time and that's when strongest and oldest memories are formed eh?


*just checked Wiki to see who was in the '78 side with Dalglish and mildly amused to remember that back in '78 you only had to win 5 (FIVE!) games to win the European Cup!!  Chances are that Arsenal will have to play twice as many as that, and win almost all of them, just to qualify for the knock-out stages in the forthcoming Champions League!!

Re: Greatest club side ever?

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

It's Vieira FFS.

Never a truly great midfielder IMO, too much of a bully and dirty bastard. Also one of his cups was an FA cup with City, hardly contributed anything.

Anyway back to my point, Arsenal and their so called Invincibles were destroyed by Roy Keane and Arsenal have never been the same since. All the prem managers now know they are spineless and are easy to get at.


Accusing a player of being a bully and a dirty bastard within the context of discussing Roy Keane is either remarkably unaware or just borderline retarded. I'm sure Alf-Inge Håland would agree with me, in fact, his leg was the only thing Keano ever destroyed. If you're referring to Ushited ending our epic 49 game unbeaten run it was fatboy Rooney's dive which put paid to that, a fact I've never forgotten and the reason why I wouldn't want the dirty Scouse ape at Arsenal even if we could afford him.

Are you a bit dim Flares, I clearly mentioned the Keane incident at Highbury 2-4 , or did you need to google the invincible run end to find it happened at OT earlier in the season?

Re: Greatest club side ever?

smashdad wrote:

*just checked Wiki to see who was in the '78 side with Dalglish and mildly amused to remember that back in '78 you only had to win 5 (FIVE!) games to win the European Cup!!  Chances are that Arsenal will have to play twice as many as that, and win almost all of them, just to qualify for the knock-out stages in the forthcoming Champions League!!

Did wiki also tell you that Liverpool received a bye through a round in one of their European cup wins.

You also have to laugh at Flaresey giving in large about the 'invisibles' being voted the best team EVER in the Premier League, it's only been going for 20 years FFS.

Re: Greatest club side ever?

Next we'll have the old 'Liverpool only had to beat the likes of Borussia Monchengladbach!' argument (8 winners of the 1974 World Cup + European Player of the Year Allen Simonsen)

草泥马

Re: Greatest club side ever?

Lol I remember that on GU.

Re: Greatest club side ever?

smashdad wrote:
flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Let's see shall we, Barcelona failed to win 3 of the 4 trophies available to them last season, Chelsea failed to win 3 of the 4 trophies available to them before that whilst United won precisely fuck all the same year.

Quite right.  And none of those clubs, indeed no other club that I can ever recall, has had the witless temerity to glory in the label of 'The Invincibles'.

Classless shitcunts.

They can glory in whatever label they like after a feat like that. I was going to make an observation about the Theatre of Dreams but someone with a functioning brain already beat me to it - pity, since I was relishing the opportunity to use the words 'cesspit' and 'cunts' in the same sentence. Oh wait...

I understand the deep-seated envy which exists amongst non-Gooners when the 49 game streak is mentioned, since winning the same trophy over and over again is pretty inferior to an accomplishment so unique it has no equal in the English game. However, Arsenal are not alone in their brilliance:

Many association football teams have also had perfect seasons, however doing so in a season of 20 or more matches is very rare. Clubs to have achieved this include: Dresdner SC of Germany in 1942–43 (23 wins out of 23), Ferencvárosi of Hungary in 1931–32 (22), Sunrise Flacq United of Mauritius in 1995–96 (22), and Nacional of Uruguay in 1941 (20). Al-Ahly (of Egypt) hold the record of going a whole season being unbeaten, in all possible competitions they were involved in (46 matches in total played in: Egyptian Premier League, Egyptian Cup, Egyptian Super Cup and CAF Champions League). The longest winning streak of any team over multiple seasons was Sparta Prague’s run of at least 51 wins in a row, between 1920 and 1923.
Teams finishing a season unbeaten (i.e. having won or drawn every match) are more common. Arsenal in the 2003–04 English Premier League season, finished with no losses from 38 games 100 years after Preston North End's unbeaten streak in 22 league games and all of its FA Cup games in 1888-89. At the same time, AFC Wimbledon finished with a record of 42 wins, 4 draws and 0 defeats out of 46 games in their Combined Counties League Premier Division season. In Italy, Perugia (1978–79), A.C. Milan (1991–92), and Juventus F.C. (2011–12) have been undefeated. In Turkish soccer, Galatasaray in 1985-86 season uniquely completed the season unbeaten but finished as runners-up. Beşiktaş J.K. in 1991–92 completed the season unbeaten and became Turkish League’s only ever champions without defeat. In Portugal, Benfica (1972–73) was the first club to do so and won 28 matches – 23 consecutively – out of 30, and drew two. They also went undefeated in 1977–78 but finished second to one-loss Porto. Porto finished the 2010–11 and 2012–13 seasons unbeaten, with a respective win–draw record of 27–3 and 24–6. In Saudi Arabia, Al-Hilal FC finished a 26-game season in the 2010–11 with 19 wins and 7 draws. Greek club Panathinaikos F.C. finished the 1963-64 season, Hungarian club Debreceni VSC finished the 2011-12 season, Norwegian club Rosenborg BK finished the 2010 season undefeated. The only unbeaten champion in Brazil was SC Internacional, who won the 1979 season with 16 victories and 7 ties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_se … stic_teams


This graphic also illustrates some pretty sizeable efforts:


http://i.imgur.com/8kumU.jpg

Last edited by flares_and_an_anorak (Sunday Aug 2013 14:41:58)

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: Greatest club side ever?

Big Fella wrote:

Are you a bit dim Flares, I clearly mentioned the Keane incident at Highbury 2-4 , or did you need to google the invincible run end to find it happened at OT earlier in the season?

Errrr, yeah...that one went over your head a bit didn't it cabbage brain. Never mind.

You also have to laugh at Flaresey giving in large about the 'invisibles' being voted the best team EVER in the Premier League, it's only been going for 20 years FFS.


Hmmm, and so has your only sustained period of success, coincidently whilst Ferguson was in charge. Looking forward to the Gollum Era of dominance haw haw haw.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: Greatest club side ever?

Barca under Pep, then Milan under Sacci, then Liverpool under Dugleish.

Barca 2010 v Milan 1990 would be a decent match I'd say.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

Re: Greatest club side ever?

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Invincibles would have wiped their arse with them, or anybody else for that matter.

Pfft. They don't even have the highest ever league points total, eclipsed by two teams since. And they were pretty fucking vincible in every other competition they played in.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

Re: Greatest club side ever?

Slabs wrote:

Pfft. They don't even have the highest ever league points total, eclipsed by two teams since. And they were pretty fucking vincible in every other competition they played in.


So? Even the United fans on here will tell you a points total is less important than winning the damned thing. As I pointed out earlier, they also reached two semi-finals and the QF of the Champions League. Given the amount of games that covers and the strain on the squad to compete at that level on all fronts, and to go unbeaten in the league, I'd say fucking top drawer effort all round and probably the best overall seasonal performance by an English team ever - only United's treble season comes close to it in terms of consistency.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: Greatest club side ever?

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
Slabs wrote:

Pfft. They don't even have the highest ever league points total, eclipsed by two teams since. And they were pretty fucking vincible in every other competition they played in.


So? Even the United fans on here will tell you a points total is less important than winning the damned thing. As I pointed out earlier, they also reached two semi-finals and the QF of the Champions League. Given the amount of games that covers and the strain on the squad to compete at that level on all fronts, and to go unbeaten in the league, I'd say fucking top drawer effort all round and probably the best overall seasonal performance by an English team ever - only United's treble season comes close to it in terms of consistency.

Going unbeaten in the Champions League is arguably a more impressive feat given the number of games against quality opposition it involves.

Re: Greatest club side ever?

Goram, Steven, Gough, Petric, Robertson, Albertz, McCall, Gazza, Laudrup, McCoist, Durie mid 90s rangers team!!!

Last edited by DuFunk (Monday Aug 2013 07:07:11)