Topic: How Americans (and Starcreeper) view 'football'

Re: How Americans (and Starcreeper) view 'football'

Bit rich coming from a Canadian isn't it? 

My Grandma knows more about Soccerball than you'll ever know, Loopy.

Last edited by Dermo (Sunday Aug 2013 21:48:18)

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Bit rich coming from a Canadian isn't it?  My Grandma knows more about Soccerball than you'll ever know.

Oh look!  It's Dermo popping in to say something to try and wind me up.

I really didn't see that coming!

I'm not trying to wind you up. Its fact.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

I'm not trying to wind you up. Its fact.

Dermo's Book of Facts.

Get it now as an eBook on Amazon.com.au

America has a miles better standard of domestic Soccerball league and a National side at a level Canada will never see. Both facts. Both 100% accurate.

Choose someone like Tahiti if you want to belittle a nations football and even then I reckon they would give Canada a run. Its like women's football your league is.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

America has a miles better standard of domestic Soccerball league and a National side at a level Canada will never see. Both facts. Both 100% accurate.

Choose someone like Tahiti if you want to belittle a nations football and even then I reckon they would give Canada a run. Its like women's football your league is.

Eh?  Our league?   You mean the MLS or NASL - the same one the US plays in?

I'm not disputing the Yanks are better at the game than our national side as the recent Gold Cup results would suggest.  They have an infinite amount of money for sports development.  Soccer Canada has been failing consistently since 1984.  My hope is that with our new coach and the chance to play academy football in this country that will all change.

That 'debate' never once came into play here.  The fact still remains that most Yanks (and Canucks too) could care less about the game and this plays up on that ignorance to humourous effect.

Frankly, I don't give a fuck what you think.  I love the game.  I play, ref and watch a lot of football.  What your assessment of my understanding of the game doesn't factor into any of my involvement and love for the game.  So quite frankly, get to fuck as per. smile

Haha. You play, ref, watch and still know absolutely fucking zip when it comes to football loopy. Quite a feat.

I meant domestically within your respective leagues

e.g

http://www.nasl.com/index.php?id=13 and click on 2012 and 2011

Then do the same in the MSL. Infact don't, just fuck off with your shit footballing nation.

Last edited by Dermo (Sunday Aug 2013 22:30:50)

Part of the problem

And fyi I work with 2 sepo's and 1 Canadian (who says the word 'Cannuck' is for cunts btw) and all 3 of them are far from not giving a fuck about football.

Part of the problem

Paul Peschisolido's an absolute tool.

Loopy really loves his Soccerball.

http://i44.tinypic.com/ftq8ae.jpg

Part of the problem

this is funnier imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNuOowMFAEM

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

ha ha remember that.

Part of the problem

Nick Sneddon wrote:

this is funnier imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNuOowMFAEM

Genuine laugh out loud there.

Nothing, I mean NOTHING beats Vic Rauter calling 'soccer'.  Nothing.  It's like pretending they have a an ice hockey puck on grass:

Throughout the 1980s and 1990s, I was subjected to this guy doing the colour commentary with Scotsman Graham Leggat (who actually has some pedigree behind him).  Thankfully, now we get people with a clue.

you just couldn't make it up...

smallman1 wrote:

Paul Peschisolido's an absolute tool.

There's been better Canadian players that come to mind.  Paul Staleteri, Craig Forrest, Owen Hargreaves, Simeon Jackson, Atiba Hutchinson, Dwayne De Rosario, Jonathan de Guzmán are some of the better products of this country.  Most Europeans wouldn't have had much exposure to De Rosario since he's spent the majority of his career in the MLS, but he could have easily spent his time in Europe in the better leagues there.

Loopy, you're an absolute fucking rem ward.

Everything in every one of your posts is wrong.

Except where you say "the Americans have an infinite supply of money", which is technically correct as they own the printing presses of the global fiat currency, but I am sure you unwittingly stumbled upon a truism here.

CUNT.

草泥马

Fucking hell lolol. How many times has loopy over the years rolled a load of absolute fucking useless unknown cunts names out from Canadia ?

LOL @ rem ward.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Fucking hell lolol. How many times has loopy over the years rolled a load of absolute fucking useless unknown cunts names out from Canadia ?

LOL @ rem ward.

Owen Hargreaves.  Completely unknown.

If they don't play in the Prem, they must be shit, right?

canada will always be shit at the footy as it is, for all intents, the # 5 sport in terms of popularity (#6 when the snow starts and we all start dusting off our brooms for the curling season)

We will continue to be shit as we would rather sign a yerpean has been a la david beckham or thierry henry rather than spend money to develop an academy system that may start delivering results in 15 or so years. pay in the mls is also less than minor league. the last "major league", the NASL had the new york cosmos with giorgio chinaglia, franz beckenbauer, pele and a few others who were well known and well past their prime. 30 years later, same business model.

yes, beckham was a great success for LA and sold about a million shirts and had a direct effect on the ticket scalping market but he left and that was that. LA now has more money to bring wayne rooney in for a year after he is washed up.

we're also garbage at teaching our kids the fundamentals. any division under 13 is like watching the eton wall game without the wall.

it is an indication on how bad north american football is in that montreal, in its second season in the mls is three points out of first place with two games in hand.

the us is only mildly better on the world stage as their universities are sports factories but they get exposed when they have to move out of the concacaf, where the next best team is st.kitts and nevis. yes, i know, mexico is mildly better. mildly.

this should be the final word on canadian and us football. everything else is just repetition. loopy will still get a laugh for trying to extol the virtues of the canadian game.

my name is jules and i approved this message.

Any girl that can't distinguish between her grandmother and a wolf is either as dense as teak or comes from a really ugly family

I like your responses Jules. You must be extremely embarrassed to live in the same country as Herr Kauffman.
Cant you do something about him?

Part of the problem

snowstorm wrote:

this should be the final word on canadian and us football. everything else is just repetition. loopy will still get a laugh for trying to extol the virtues of the canadian game.

There aren't many virtues to extol Jules.  You basically hit the nail bang on the head with your summation.

Soccer Canada is a very frustrating organization.  Any game played now in Canada that involves players the ages of 12 and under doesn't keep score now - that includes representative travel teams as well.  This is a new directive from Soccer Canada.  Absolutely insane.

On the other hand, they're also looking to the future by getting our younger players together to play more friendlies with better teams (Denmark being a recent one), hiring a reputable international coach and further developing our academy system.

Being a fan of Canadian football is like being repeatedly asked to be stabbed with a blunt object every two months.  It hurts, you heal, then it hurts again.

Last edited by loopdokter (Tuesday Aug 2013 16:55:03)

Dermo wrote:

I like your responses Jules. You must be extremely embarrassed to live in the same country as Herr Kauffman.

He lives in Quebec.  That isn't a part of Canada other than in name only.  They're a nation within a nation according to our Prime Minister.  I think most Quebecers see themselves as Quebecers first, Canadians second.... Whereas Ontario *is* Canada according to Ontarians. wink

The words Canada and Football do not belong in the same sentence.

smallman1 wrote:

The words Canada and Football do not belong in the same sentence.

You've never heard of the Canadian Football League then, have you Ed? wink