Re: The good TV thread...

...takes half a series to fully tune-in to the dialogue

It's slow at times but has an overarching storyline that lasts the full 5 series.. more like a long book than a TV series, so none of the instant gratification afforded by stuff like Breaking Bad etc. That's what makes it so good IMO.

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Big Fella wrote:

Just starting watching The Wire, had to download the one with subtitles as I had absolutely no idea what they were jabbering on about.

haha seems to be a common problem with oldies. But otherwise? How's it working out for you? You have to be patient with it, it's very dense - but the pay off is worth it with the last three episodes of every season.

Orange is the new black is decent - great baps all over, also good if you want to get the missus involved in your tv watching. Drunk History is kinda funny, but I wouldn't marathon it, once a week types.

Tried to give newsroom another chance with the new season, keep passing out hard half way through episodes, but that's also because I'm smoking some great ganj at the moment. OMG11!! He called the tea party the american taliban - fuck off.

Dexter's final season is an absolute shambles and I cringe through each and every episode... fucking deb should just be shot execution style, that would be its only saving grace.

The last series of The Wire was very disappointing. Up to that, it was brilliant.

Rhouses, shut up.

草泥马

Always appreciate Rhouses input in the tv thread, however I think I will avoid his recommendations.

fadass wrote:

The last series of The Wire

...speaking of senility, Fadas confusing adventures in Baltimore's underbelly with the escapades of Compo, Foggy & Clegg

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Big Fella wrote:

Always appreciate Rhouses input in the tv thread, however I think I will avoid his recommendations.

Indian TV have only just finished the last in the series of Duty Free.  Next up, Falcon Crest.

Don't tell Rhouses that Bobby Ewing isn't dead, it was all a dream.

草泥马

Compo was the Stringer Bell of 1970s Yorkshire.

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

because I'm smoking some great ganj at the moment.

That's basically all the info for rhouses you require.

"You would, you fat greasy chip eating cunt". Creepy March 2014

Saw a documentary on Steve Coogan last night.

What a strange man he is.

fadass wrote:

...hah, he fucking was too

Ever hear Bill Owen speak out of character? Posh-Southerner.

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

I do enjoy when Mrs BF comes home from work with 'good telly recommendations from her colleagues'.

Absolute guff, the latest being Under The Dome.

Unbroken1 wrote:
fadass wrote:

...hah, he fucking was too

Ever hear Bill Owen speak out of character? Posh-Southerner.

Like Sally Webster from the Street...

#justsaying...

smallman1 wrote:

Saw a documentary on Steve Coogan last night.

What a strange man he is.

...deeply uncomfortable whenever he's out of character. Those press inquiry TV appearances on Newsnight etc. were cringeworthy.

Watching those re-runs of The Trip is the nearest you ever see him being 'normal'... and that's when he's playing an exaggerated characterisation of himself

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

I expect you probably have a separate detached house in the Cheshire countryside given the burgeoning Emporium empire BF, but I can't help imagining you in a classic chippy, sat in the back which doubles as your living quarters, watching a tiny portable telly, totally ignoring the shop until the lunchtime rush or a customer comes in.

草泥马

Have to say I was most peturbed to see Lou Macari's chippy was closed when I attended OT for the cricket last week.

Yant wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Indian TV have only just finished the last in the series of Duty Free.  Next up, Falcon Crest.

Have they got Chips over there yet? Bet Rhouses will really dig The Fall Guy

smallman1 wrote:

Have to say I was most peturbed to see Lou Macari's chippy was closed when I attended OT for the cricket last week.

Surely you would get the tram from Manchester to the cricket ground negating the opportunity to go anywhere near Lou Macari's.

Unless you got the bus...

MattBlack wrote:

Bet Rhouses will really dig The Fall Guy

That blonde bint with the blue eyes was a personal favourite of mine.

Big Fella wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Surely you would get the tram from Manchester to the cricket ground negating the opportunity to go anywhere near Lou Macari's.

Unless you got the bus...

Got the tram there but had to hail a cab from near OT after play.

LOL @ someone assuming Smalls was actually there.

草泥马

Beijing Dave wrote:

LOL @ someone assuming Smalls was actually there.

He's here, he's there, he's every fcuking where, Eddie Smalls, Eddie Smalls..

Maybe Smallman took in the Unseen Lowry Exhibition in the morning and then walked to the ground.

That would have taken him past Macari's.

草泥马

I have a funny feeling he was going for a look at the Theatre Of Dreams and wishing he was a United fan like 99% of all football supporters.