Re: Honestly appraise your djing skills here

I'm a solid 0/10.  But at least that's better than Loopy.

I've never dl'ed a loopy mix. I simply cant take anything he does seriously. Plus i have that picture of him in the office with his poppy on looking like a full on window licker in my mind every time I see his name..

Part of the problem

Too inclined to try lengthy pretentious beat matches of some odd German techno with a Tina Turner record. Best left to the spare room, 2/10.

One question for the experts.

Are the beats supposed to be all over the shop for this tune? Stimming - Die Taube Auf Dem Dach

tune one of Loopys 'German' mix - https://soundcloud.com/jaykaufman/jay-k … -day-shift

Big Fella wrote:

Are the beats supposed to be all over the shop for this tune? Stimming - Die Taube Auf Dem Dach

I didn't alter it in any way other than a bit of reverb on the mix out.  It's perfectly in time, so I'm not sure what you're on about there?

millsy23 wrote:

I can bosh out a decent  peaktime mix.  It's the broody slow stuff I normally struggle with.

This.

5/10* for me, I guess.

*This generous score was brought to you courtesy of Traktor's beatmatching engine.

rem wrote:

As always, this is 82 minutes long for those of you who don't have an mp3 connection in your car and choose to burn CDs.

Bit hopeful.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

I've never dl'ed a loopy mix.

It's okay Dermo.  I'm cool with the fact that I have better taste in music than you do.

Should you ever decide though, there's amazing thing called Soundcloud - where you can stream music.  It's a wonder when you don't want to waste valuable hard drive space that's already mostly filled up with mixes of Sasha at Shelley's in Stoke.

Even that is more listenable i'm guessing.

Part of the problem

Pricer wrote:

Does Traktor count? If so, 4/10 for me. I'm hoping my Kontrol Z1 will bring me up to around 6/10.

This, too. The Z1 is perfect for those of us (me) with limited natural talent. I love mine. I expect it hates me.

...is this the thread where it's entirely permissible to point out that you have a brand new mix in the mixes & Free Downloads forum?

No?

OK, fair enough, apologies..

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

I'd rate myself 5 / 10 on the 1210s.  Can still sling together a decent set of tunes but lack of recent practice etc....

Probably 1 / 10 on CDJs, never really caught up with the digital age tbh, messed around on them a few times though and seemed like good fun.

I appear to be DJing at a small festival this Saturday though in the "disco bar", any genre goes so I can't decide between actual disco / house or playing a set of obscure electronica and drone.

loopdokter wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

I didn't alter it in any way other than a bit of reverb on the mix out.  It's perfectly in time, so I'm not sure what you're on about there?

I didn't say you altered it Jay, bit touchy today.

simonr wrote:

So you haven't got the balls to throw up a mix for us all to assess in this thread then derms ?

I've often wondered this myself about Dermo... He's quick to troll on other people, drop the 'you fucking cunt' line, but won't post up mixes of his own or let get his mug up on here.  That leads me to believe one of two things:

1.  It's really just a long-standing alias we'd all know that someone can't let go.

2.  He's actually got the face of a beef pie, is 5'6, 180 pounds and hides behind his keyboard as a warrior because he doesn't have the confidence to do it in person and has the temperament of an enraged flea.

I reckon it's number two.  Either way, we're all being had.

Unbroken1 wrote:

...is this the thread where it's entirely permissible to point out that you have a brand new mix in the mixes & Free Downloads forum?

No?

OK, fair enough, apologies..

Just stick it in the 'Best Mixes of Board Members' thread. You know, that forum within a forum that just gets relentlessly spammed with peoples latest. The thread I completely ignore.

Big Fella wrote:

I didn't say you altered it Jay, bit touchy today.

You read that wrong.  I'm just saying I didn't alter it and the track sounds perfectly in time to my deaf ears. wink

loopdokter wrote:
simonr wrote:

So you haven't got the balls to throw up a mix for us all to assess in this thread then derms ?

I've often wondered this myself about Dermo... He's quick to troll on other people, drop the 'you fucking cunt' line, but won't post up mixes of his own or let get his mug up on here.  That leads me to believe one of two things:

1.  It's really just a long-standing alias we'd all know that someone can't let go.

2.  He's actually got the face of a beef pie, is 5'6, 180 pounds and hides behind his keyboard as a warrior because he doesn't have the confidence to do it in person and has the temperament of an enraged flea.

I reckon it's number two.  Either way, we're all being had.

Shut up you fucking cunt.

Part of the problem

...lol

Haven't heard the track in question but in Loopy's defence (WTF am I doing!?) Stimming does tend to do slightly wonky beats

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Dermo wrote:

Shut up you fucking cunt.

You astound me with your eloquence.

Unbroken1 wrote:

...lol

Haven't heard the track in question but in Loopy's defence (WTF am I doing!?) Stimming does tend to do slightly wonky beats

It's off his latest album Damo.  The lyrics are in German, but I dig the tune.  Worth a check.

..honestly, can't say I'm a fan, just don't get those tippy-tappy incidental beats he uses

Last track I bought from him was the Deep Blue remix on Noir which is quite pumping by his standards..

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Unbroken1 wrote:

..honestly, can't say I'm a fan, just don't get those tippy-tappy incidental beats he uses

Last track I bought from him was the Deep Blue remix on Noir which is quite pumping by his standards..

I'm not a massive Stimming fan either, but I do like the odd thing from him and this is one of them.  The album as a whole isn't that great, but has a few stand out tunes.  I do however really like a lot of stuff on DIYnamic - which is what brought this to my attention.

If Stimming is German, that might be a clue why Loopy likes him/her/them.

Come on Dermo give the people what they want, surely you cant be scared off abit of criticism they way you hand it out.  I recommend a chair as 90 minutes standing mixing will take its toil on the old hips at your age.

Nice to see i'm in demand. But same goes for you Dufunk. Get fucked.

Part of the problem