Re: PC help req'd - Explorer Search function not working...

smallman1 wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Ive had hardware failure sometimes

Hope Mrs BF wasn't too put out.

*chuckles*

BF's conjugal performance aside - I'm 99% sure this is software related - the drive is fine - all the data on it perfect and I can select any file at random from it and it'll play - I just can't search the contents via Windows Explorer...

The new Windows search function rarely works for me. Thankfully they've left in the option to switch back to that little dog/search companion. That wee fella never lets me down.

Not taking loopys advice then smashy?  No? okay.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Stewie smile

I am MateGreen Registered: Wednesday Oct 2002

https://soundcloud.com/mategreen

Dermo wrote:

Your best advice on how to fix it is a sarcasm-laden jibe made towards me.  I'm not Einstein (although I may be eccentric), but I know which advice I'd rather go with given the odds. smile

I've just read Loopy's massive response. Talk about completely missing the mark. lol

1 Terabyte of music is rather a lot.

Presto wrote:

I've just read Loopy's massive response. Talk about completely missing the mark. lol

No, no ,no presto, he's just a little eccentric and having a laugh and some more double entendre.

Last edited by Dermo (Friday Aug 2013 02:59:44)

Part of the problem

Despite resistance, I've been forced onto Windows 7 at work. Terrible programme imho. Having used XP previously it's hard to believe that years of 'development' could lead to this. Even doing a simple file search on a folder takes ages longer. Gatesy's well and truly overcooked this beast.

So, to summarise, move to Mac as soon as possible.

ricky b wrote:

Despite resistance, I've been forced onto Windows 7 at work. Terrible programme imho. Having used XP previously it's hard to believe that years of 'development' could lead to this. Even doing a simple file search on a folder takes ages longer. Gatesy's well and truly overcooked this beast.

Windows 7 is a million miles ahead of XP, lad. Search on my machine takes seconds.

Presto wrote:
ricky b wrote:

Windows 7 is a million miles ahead of XP, lad. Search on my machine takes seconds.

7 is okay. After XP, a short discovering needed, but no prob with that at all.

I am MateGreen Registered: Wednesday Oct 2002

https://soundcloud.com/mategreen

Presto wrote:

I could've fucking sworn he said the drive was dead. If not, then even I will admit to having an absolute reg on this one!