Re: How Americans (and Starcreeper) view 'football'

Dermo wrote:

I like your responses Jules. You must be extremely embarrassed to live in the same country as Herr Kauffman.
Cant you do something about him?

he lives in the neighboring province. i would sooner go to zimbabwe to spread eugene terre'blanche's message than set foot in ontario

Any girl that can't distinguish between her grandmother and a wolf is either as dense as teak or comes from a really ugly family

Kaufman frowns on that comment...

http://www.residentadvisor.net/images/profiles/jaykaufman.jpg

草泥马

Think auld Eugene had a less warped view of the world than Loopy.

They simply don't view football

they better watch baseball (dull a boring shit for watching)

or american football (running wrestling with protectors, only viewable by telly).

To tell the truth, cricket is also very boring to watch, and rugby is like running wrestling with no protectors and teeth...

I am MateGreen Registered: Wednesday Oct 2002

https://soundcloud.com/mategreen

loopdokter wrote:

Soccer Canada is a very frustrating organization.  Any game played now in Canada that involves players the ages of 12 and under doesn't keep score now - that includes representative travel teams as well.  This is a new directive from Soccer Canada.  Absolutely insane.

Proof in this paragraph alone that you should stay well away from football threads. Theres good reasoning behind that idea but I wouldnt expect a thoroughbred windowlicker as yourself to grasp the concept.

Stick to DJ profile pic selfies and stop desecrating my sport, you cunt.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

starcreeper wrote:

Proof in this paragraph alone that you should stay well away from football threads. Theres good reasoning behind that idea but I wouldnt expect a thoroughbred windowlicker as yourself to grasp the concept.

Since you're Irish, wouldn't that be hurling?

Anyway, care to enlighten me on why you think this is a good idea?  I can understand perhaps 10 and under, but ages above that and they start to develop and understanding of the game and DEFINITELY know what the score is. 

The whole point of representative travel teams is that you're good enough to play at that level, so leaving out a score seems a bit pointless - especially when it comes to winning your league and the like.  To me it's akin to educators telling kids it's fine not to spell things correctly as long as they try.

Unlike the FA or DFB, Soccer Canada isn't as centralized an entity as they are in other countries.  Here we have provincial and even regional organizations that issue their own directives and that's part of the problem.  Soccer Canada is trying to change that, but this is one thing I don't think will help our game in any way.  A lot of the boards of directors in these establishments are entrenched in a game that existed when they emigrated to Canada in 1952 and don't care to adapt to the modern game.

Last edited by loopdokter (Wednesday Aug 2013 17:59:37)

How is it you have to write a dissertation on everything? How is it i'm the only cunt awake who gets to watch your uncontrollable spastic fit assault on the board ?

Last edited by Dermo (Wednesday Aug 2013 18:44:07)

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

How is it you have to write a dissertation on everything? How is it i'm the only cunt awake who gets to watch your uncontrollable spastic fit assault on the board ?

How come you feel the need to post when I do?  In the end it just sounds like adfa;dllafjda;lfja;.  White angry noise.

loopdokter wrote:

Since you're Irish, wouldn't that be hurling?

First off, what the fuck does that mean?

loopdokter wrote:

Anyway, care to enlighten me on why you think this is a good idea?  I can understand perhaps 10 and under, but ages above that and they start to develop and understanding of the game and DEFINITELY know what the score is. 

The whole point of representative travel teams is that you're good enough to play at that level, so leaving out a score seems a bit pointless - especially when it comes to winning your league and the like.  To me it's akin to educators telling kids it's fine not to spell things correctly as long as they try.

Secondly, it's a basic football program that Ajax championed with their schoolboys back in the early nineties. It helps develop the fundamentals of the game without the need for a team of 11 year olds being beaten 15-0. With no score or goals involved, the little mites learn the basics of control under pressure, one-touch passing and awareness. Basically, its everything that gets passed over by normal coaching at a young age.

Barcelona kids only get introduced to larger pitches and goals at 14 I think. Its one of the reasons their academy youngsters excel at playing the game a certain way.

Maybe Canada are taking steps in the right direction and then you come along and slate them. Poor form, Loopy. Poor form. Just one of the many reasons you should take a step back before talking as if you know what the fuck is going on.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

But loopy is a ref and a coach creepy lol
Imagine the disappointment on the kids faces as loopy rocks up in his basketball high tops and pissy satin long John's ?

"Ok kids, who's for soccer ball? Who wants to be offence? "

Part of the problem

[video]

This fits quite well here

Reg.

Dermo wrote:

Imagine the disappointment on the kids faces as loopy rocks up in his basketball high tops and pissy satin long John's ?

lol, coach Kaufman.

Kid: "Coach, what way should we line up against these guys. They're good."
Loopy: "You play through the centre, that way when Ricky goes for the 3 pointer, youll pick up any rebounds."
Kid: "But coach"
Loopy: "One, two, three, go raiders."
Kid: "Coach, you forgot your meds again."

I'm not feeling the 'dialogue' posting style today, I must say.

BF - back in your box diddcoy
Fad - uh oh melter
Millsy - lol

Even more obtuse than usual, Harry

fadass wrote:

I'm not feeling the 'dialogue' posting style today, I must say.

Can you send me the zeitgeist on a pdf please, Fadass?

Cheers.

Dermo wrote:

"Ok kids, who's for soccer ball? Who wants to be offence? "

I don't coach football Dermo.  I have no clue where you got that from?

And there's not an offensive line in basketball.  That's the throwball variety of football.  Slate me all you want about my football 'knowledge'.  I really don't care.  [shrug]

starcreeper wrote:

lol, coach Kaufman.

Kid: "Coach, what way should we line up against these guys. They're good."
Loopy: "You play through the centre, that way when Ricky goes for the 3 pointer, youll pick up any rebounds."
Kid: "But coach"
Loopy: "One, two, three, go raiders."
Kid: "Coach, you forgot your meds again."

Again, I don't coach football so the last laugh is on those of you who think I do.

And for what it's worth... I'm a fan of playing the ball from the flanks and crossing balls into the box, not always trying to push it up through the middle.  I also sure as hell am not a fan of the hoofing a long ball up the pitch hoping a team mate connects with it either - which is how a lot of kids are coached here.

Last edited by loopdokter (Thursday Aug 2013 20:41:36)

loopdokter wrote:

I'm a fan of playing the ball from the flanks

haha oh dear. Loopy you're a fucking flid.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

haha oh dear. Loopy you're a fucking flid.

You've never heard of a double entendre, have you?

You make me out to be thick but I can pretty much predict when I will make you post.  Chew on that for a bit.

loopdokter wrote:

Again, I don't coach football so the last laugh is on those of you who think I do.

And for what it's worth... I'm a fan of playing the ball from the flanks and crossing balls into the box, not always trying to push it up through the middle.  I also sure as hell am not a fan of the hoofing a long ball up the pitch hoping a team mate connects with it either - which is how a lot of kids are coached here.

I certainly dont think youre a coach, Loopy. Stand easy.