Re: Sasha at Carnival

starcreeper wrote:

Sasha is having a better year for me in terms of my musical fulfilment. Yes, saw him in L.A back in June. Brilliant night.

I have to agree - I've only seen Digweed Twice this year, and Sasha Once - But Sasha at Warehouse Leeds was fantastic - I bought Live in Slovenia but just didn't 'get it' it's too full on for me for home listening, and samey - don't know how it went down in the club, but not a patch on Live in London which is a thing of beauty..

Digweed not playing as dark as I like - missing tunes with the feeling of (Marc Romboy - Miranda (Oliver Huntemann mix) Early this year he was on it.

The future ain't what it used to be.

mr rossi wrote:

Starcreeps.Genuine question.Why do have "Whitey" as your avatar?

My answer would be. Why not?

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

starcreeper wrote:
mr rossi wrote:

Starcreeps.Genuine question.Why do have "Whitey" as your avatar?

My answer would be. Why not?

Is he one of those lizards your always banging on about?

wrongun wrote:

charging for a day event at Carnival is kind of missing the point isn't it??  especially that price

I used to love a good Sancho Panza session on a Monday

Marcus Lexus was a fucking legend

Exactly what I thought wrongun, it's not in the spirit of carnival really

Cheers
Matty

"matching the tempo of two records together is like making love to a beautiful woman" - Swiss Tony

Beats'N'Pieces wrote:
starcreeper wrote:

Sasha is having a better year for me in terms of my musical fulfilment. Yes, saw him in L.A back in June. Brilliant night.

I bought Live in Slovenia but just didn't 'get it' it's too full on for me for home listening, and samey - don't know how it went down in the club, but not a patch on Live in London which is a thing of beauty..

Agreed - I've really enjoyed the range of music Sasha has played this year (in the recorded stuff I've heard at least). That 6 Mix was great and a really unexpected range of tracks. Still listen to it now.

I didn't get Slovenia either. Too hectic for a recording but as the above notes it may well have been on point in the club that night (those Eastern Europeans love the tougher stuff, right? </casual racism>). It was monotonous to my ears.

I wish Digweed would find a platform to play some different stuff, other than his normal banging house and techno. But perhaps it's his conscious decision to stay peak time and underground. Shame if so. I remember the music he played at that night at AKA years ago (Choice CD launch?!) was amazing - be great if he did some more of this.

Digweed is more than capable of putting together a decent house set as shown in his boat party mixes.

Foxy Stoat wrote:

Digweed is more than capable of putting together a decent house set as shown in his boat party mixes.

Um, yes, that's rather my point. Just be nice to hear more of it.

Any links to the boat party set, chief?

elrobertos wrote:
Foxy Stoat wrote:

Um, yes, that's rather my point. Just be nice to hear more of it.

Any links to the boat party set, chief?

I think this is the most recent one but I could be wrong.

https://soundcloud.com/bedrock_rec/11th … ruise-with

He's playing the afters at Ed's apres Bedrock (as per, natch) with a live PA from Rozalla and will be taking requests, so maybe tell him to lower the BPMs in between lines of top grade wing wang?

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

millsy23 wrote:

He's playing the afters at Ed's apres Bedrock (as per, natch) with a live PA from Rozalla and will be taking requests, so maybe tell him to lower the BPMs in between lines of top grade wing wang?

Did you go after the last BEdrock Millsy?

Big Fella wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

Never got an invite BF. When asked why on PM, Ed simply replied 'no minerals'.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

Foxy Stoat wrote:

I think this is the most recent one but I could be wrong.

https://soundcloud.com/bedrock_rec/11th … ruise-with

Thanks! That's my Friday morning desk-a-thon remarkably improved.

millsy23 wrote:
Big Fella wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

Never got an invite BF. When asked why on PM, Ed simply replied 'no minerals'.

Blates before top class djin skills were shown via recent mix, fickle world of London prog i'm afraid.

Invites to the afters don't get bandied around like a copy of the metro.

They're highly sought after and with Dixon, Ame, Diggers and Jimmy Van M all confirmed for this October's afters you can see why.

That said, Millsy and BF, you're in.

Hold tight for deets.

Much obliged mate.

Perhaps we can parlay in private nearer the time, away from prying eyes.

Always nice to meet like minded ravers.

elrobertos wrote:

I wish Digweed would find a platform to play some different stuff, other than his normal banging house and techno.

*believers shifting nervously in their seats in their ground_under tshirts*

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

Big Fella wrote:

Much obliged mate.

Perhaps we can parlay in private nearer the time, away from prying eyes.

Always nice to meet like minded ravers.

Not really knowing your style big fellow but I really do suggest you get and give Edmund the long over due arse raping you've been teasing him with. The sweaty palming on your old boy will then be a thing of the past.

Theres a lot of sexual electricity in the room tonight.

Will put Phillip down as my +1

You are assuming the Martha & Arthur roles are sorted Phil Opian. You  might be shocked.