Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Couldnt have put it better myself Millsy

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

MattBlack wrote:

Couldnt have put it better myself Millsy

No, you couldn't have.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Clear History 7/10

HBO film with Larry David.  Put it this way, if you liked Curb Your Enthusiasm, you'll like this.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Yant wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

Elysium? Has anybody seen it? Its 7.2 at imdb, im going to watch it tonight with the missus.

cyborg matt damon sounds fun big_smile

Saw the trailer yesterday and it does look pretty tasty.

Like the look of this but not sure I can sit through 90 minutes of Matt Damon.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

I'm really looking forward to Two Guns. Wahlberg is a fascinating actor. So versatile. No way he just fucking phoned this in. 5/5 in Empire.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Nick Sneddon wrote:

Christ almighty you watch a film to be entertained, to be told a story if you will. A good film is a good film whatever the subject matter whether its a character study of an oil baron or an immortal saving the planet. Get over it.

Fair point, but this one just looks to be crap.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kick_ass_2_2013/

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

To my eternal shame, I quite enjoyed Pain and Gain

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Elysium. Aided by a few tins of Tuborg at the 9.30am showing at the magnificent Imperial, in Copenhagen. Really happy that the missus was with me, to smuggle those beers in.

Superb soundtrack too. And the Kruger bloke is a super baddie.

9/10. Mandatory.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

hmmm i was going to give it a massive swerve too. What other films do you think are good Henry? Just want to make sure its not Hot tub time machine or something with Adam Sandler or Rob Snyder.

Last edited by Dermo (Sunday Aug 2013 04:37:45)

Part of the problem

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

The trailer looks a bit plop, so doesn't do it justice. The director is Neill Blomkamp who did District 9, so if you liked that then you'll enjoy Elysium.

Other films worth a mention off the top of my head are "A Place Beyond The Pines" and "Stoker"; the latter directed by the bloke who did "Old Boy".

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

I also went to see it last night. Top film. 4/5 stars on the Empire-scale from me. Sharlto Copley totally stole the show.

Before it they showed the trailer for The Conjuring. Fucking hell I'm such a wimp for horror movies I had trouble watching the fucking preview for it.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

If Its endorsed by you Hannu, Im in.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

http://cdn.meme.li/i/o7vwy.jpg

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Just watched Sexy Beast randomly on Netflix. Fucking hell... I imagine Dermo is a bit like Ben Kingsley on it in real life. Lovejoy was pretty damn intimidating too.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Django Unchained - 7.5/10 It was good, but I wouldn't say it was brilliant by any means. Wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

I saw Taken for the first time - I don't know what to say really - it gets decent reviews, but it's total fucking shit isn't it?  I was mildly entertained, but the dialogue is just fucking awful

The Paperboy.  What a grim film.  Loved it.  Nicole Kidman and John Cusack are great.

End of Watch - I thought Flare the cunt would ruin that with his spoiler, but it didn't too much.  Good film.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Homegrove wrote:

Just watched Sexy Beast randomly on Netflix. Fucking hell... I imagine Dermo is a bit like Ben Kingsley on it in real life. Lovejoy was pretty damn intimidating too.


Too kind xx

Part of the problem

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Homegrove wrote:

Just watched Sexy Beast randomly on Netflix. Fucking hell... I imagine Dermo is a bit like Ben Kingsley on it in real life. Lovejoy was pretty damn intimidating too.


top shelf movie, though i imagined dermo with more hair tbf.

Any girl that can't distinguish between her grandmother and a wolf is either as dense as teak or comes from a really ugly family

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

The place beyond the pines 8/10 would of been a 10 if the ending wasnt so tame, seems like gosling gets all the good roles in films these days.

Last edited by DuFunk (Tuesday Aug 2013 06:44:41)

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Rise of The Guardians - kids animation but had a good cast 'voicing' imo - story was a little darker which was interesting as well

End of Watch - pretty intense in places and was pretty satisfying viewing all in all

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

The Evil Dead. Still a hoot.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

Elysium. Aided by a few tins of Tuborg at the 9.30am showing at the magnificent Imperial, in Copenhagen. Really happy that the missus was with me, to smuggle those beers in.

Superb soundtrack too. And the Kruger bloke is a super baddie.

9/10. Mandatory.

I went to see it based on that Henry.  What a load of fucking shit that was - I'd have rather sat through a Tranformers film.  It started off quite well, then completely lost its way - the acting is very cringey in an awful lot of places.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

DuFunk wrote:

The place beyond the pines 8/10 would of been a 10 if the ending wasnt so tame, seems like gosling gets all the good roles in films these days.

Wasn't all that impressed .. had it's moments, but it may as well have just ended up as two films.

SimonR

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Grant wrote:
Henry Rindhoops wrote:

Elysium. Aided by a few tins of Tuborg at the 9.30am showing at the magnificent Imperial, in Copenhagen. Really happy that the missus was with me, to smuggle those beers in.

Superb soundtrack too. And the Kruger bloke is a super baddie.

9/10. Mandatory.

I went to see it based on that Henry.  What a load of fucking shit that was - I'd have rather sat through a Tranformers film.  It started off quite well, then completely lost its way - the acting is very cringey in an awful lot of places.

Grant should stick to trips to the theatre with all the other luvvies imo


saw that JJ Abrams Star Trek one with Sherlock Holmes in on Blu-ray at the weekend - he was the best thing in it by far

the Star Wars ep 7 could be alright if they've signed Holmes to play as Sith lord

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

simonr wrote:
DuFunk wrote:

The place beyond the pines 8/10 would of been a 10 if the ending wasnt so tame, seems like gosling gets all the good roles in films these days.

Wasn't all that impressed .. had it's moments, but it may as well have just ended up as two films.

Gosling plays the same character in all his films. It's a good job hes sooooooo dreamy.