Re: Disclosure - Settle

loopdokter wrote:

To me they have similarities in their sounds.  Dusky is a bit more expansive in their productions.  I think both would feel at home being compared to each other.

...Loopy = Tom Logan IMO

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/scie … 3061171594

“This sounds great, superficiality with an edge is totally my scene.

“I go nuts for music that is culturally valid.”

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Dusky are UK garage Damo, don't you know?

Part of the problem

Rhouses having a right old reg.

You know you're in trouble when your own thread backfires on you and loopy is your only compadre.

Part of the problem

Yes dermo, big trouble I'm in. Haha.

Stimulation is a great tune, dont tell me you don't want to shake to that.

Liking the Joe Goddard mix of Control.

had absolutely nothing else to listen to new on my mp3 so i downloaded this shite and took it the gym.
Guess what? I actually liked it. Bar a few tracks that arent really up to the gym its pretty smart. I'm surprised. Might get some multi-colour wayfarers.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

had absolutely nothing else to listen to new on my mp3 so i downloaded this shite and took it the gym.
Guess what? I actually liked it. Bar a few tracks that arent really up to the gym its pretty smart. I'm surprised. Might get some multi-colour wayfarers.

Its good isn’t it

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Yeh but in a weird way though, that i cant quite explain. I think maybe its just very catchy musically or something. I usually hate this kind of stuff. Odd.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Might get some multi-colour wayfarers.

Hipster hook!

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

Is it true what the hipsters are saying - better than the new Daft Punk album? That's not setting the bar very high is it?

Not for me - purchased both for a bit of a long road trip and the Daft Punk got more plays - it's has definitely grown on me cos at first i was a bit WTF?!

tracks 10 and 11 are my favourites ahead of track 8 and 6 - like the Giorgio Moroder track 3 as well

Disclosure was ok - the singles were the best tracks on it tho imo - with 'you and me' being the standout - maybe requires further listens

What about track 4?

Big Fella wrote:

What about track 4?

of which album BF?

There recent E Mix is pretty gd plenty in there to please everyone,  I have nothing against this rise of deep house it may not be the same sound we were used to in years gone by but it is a heck alot more creditable than previous dance fazes i.e electro house.  The ejeca and bi-cep stuff is great dancefloor music!

shaunstrudwick wrote:

Not for me - purchased both for a bit of a long road trip and the Daft Punk got more plays - it's has definitely grown on me cos at first i was a bit WTF?!

tracks 10 and 11 are my favourites ahead of track 8 and 6 - like the Giorgio Moroder track 3 as well

Disclosure was ok - the singles were the best tracks on it tho imo - with 'you and me' being the standout - maybe requires further listens

Agreed Shaun... Daft Punk has been growing on me too. And i've been finding the Disclosure album a bit disposable - on the first couple of listens it hit the sweet spot though.

Last edited by Diminished Responsibility (Tuesday Aug 2013 07:27:26)

DuFunk wrote:

deep house

eh? are you from Basildon?

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Nick Sneddon wrote:
DuFunk wrote:

deep house

eh? are you from Basildon?

Don't get him started Nick